Farmertec G372XP. Few questions.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ordered a Farmertec assembled 372 last week (ETA Oct arrival). 1) I needed a bigger saw to block up some trees with PG&E chopped down and left, 2) I want to have a learning project, 3) I cannot bring myself to buy a $900 new saw, so figure this is a good risk.

Since I ordered it though, I've come across a number of great deals on Husky's, and if I could cancel my Farmertec order, I would.

Ordered a Farmertec assembled 372 last week (ETA Oct arrival). 1) I needed a bigger saw to block up some trees with PG&E chopped down and left, 2) I want to have a learning project, 3) I cannot bring myself to buy a $900 new saw, so figure this is a good risk.

Since I ordered it though, I've come across a number of great deals on Husky's, and if I could cancel my Farmertec order, I would.
Don't worry about it, you have plenty of time to purchase poorly manufactured products from Husqvarna.

Asian people are stoic and smart. They have a 200 year plan for their country, not a 4 year plan like America.
If they are smart enough and strong enough to humble other countries, good for them. Life is about survival. The strong/smart survive.
If American's are stupid enough to overpay for a car, house, or anything... let them. The nincompoops can't live like that forever.
What am seeing is the wealthy getting wealthier and the poor getting poorer, its the wealthy who will survive because they can affford to defend themselves, they are not out breaking their backs day in day out just to pay the extortionate prices you mention. China lied about covid19, they said they had no bats in their labs, yet two years earlier when they opened the wohan lab the media captured bats in their lab in cages, cages they applied for patents for, no thanks, I will do without rather than support them muppets.

You know, it isn't fair that a select few people who had a bad experience with these saws just bad mouth the daylights out of them. These are good saws, with a little bit of inspection and adjustments, there is nothing wrong with them.

The bolts fall out of the fake huskys just like real ones! Maybe the Chinese could start copying the transfer covers that leak or the misaligned plug threads? Those things really sell me on the quality of oem. Last time I checked the scrap yard there wasn't any Chinese saws sitting there, plenty of "Farm Bosses" but no farmer techs . Get yourself a 440 husqvarna and preach on that quality?
When you can get a china saw that will last 50 years like the thousand and thousand that are talked about on sites like this and are in our sheds ready
to start when we want them let me know, there is not one decent piece of metal on them china things. The OEM china shops are a different setup, where the OEM
people are in control of everything from the raw materials to the box the saw comes in, no comparison to the generic chinese cobbled together junk.

You know, it isn't fair that a select few people who had a bad experience with these saws just bad mouth the daylights out of them. These are good saws, with a little bit of inspection and adjustments, there is nothing wrong with them.
Wrong, people bought into them here, and now a few years later they are laying junked in every yard you go into, replaced by OEM products.

Wrong, people bought into them here, and now a few years later they are laying junked in every yard you go into, replaced by OEM products.
Would you say that's weekend users who might do 10 hours a year, or do you mean people who used the saws 10 Horus a week for a few years?

One other advantage of the Farmertec's, is that if you go buy a new $1000+ saw, you're unlikely to want to pull it apart or do things to it. Whereas for a learning saw, the farmertec's seem great. Worst case I'll lose $150 when I sell it as a project saw. Best case I learn a lot and about saws and know if I should spend $500 on a used Stihl or $1200 on a new one, or perhaps a medium and large one ... hard to know really.

Would you say that's weekend users who might do 10 hours a year, or do you mean people who used the saws 10 Horus a week for a few years?

One other advantage of the Farmertec's, is that if you go buy a new $1000+ saw, you're unlikely to want to pull it apart or do things to it. Whereas for a learning saw, the farmertec's seem great. Worst case I'll lose $150 when I sell it as a project saw. Best case I learn a lot and about saws and know if I should spend $500 on a used Stihl or $1200 on a new one, or perhaps a medium and large one ... hard to know really.
There are OEM project saws out there to "do things to"...

You made a decision to buy a tool that you need to complete a project, I’ve done this many times as a general contractor, sometimes you buy the one that only needs to get you through the project because the price is right (never a chainsaw though). I think that you personally really don’t want to buy the farmertec, would rather have OE. You may find out why you don’t want to buy it once you own it. It’s the risk you take. It’s gonna be yours now, these are powerful saws, make sure all of the safety stuff works. Best of luck with your project.

This is an older thread but here is my experience with the Holzzforma saws. I own three of them the 372xp pro with wrap around handle, the orange 372xp, and a blue 272. Both 372xps and the blue 272 have been used constantly the past year and so far both have been good. The orange 372 had a rough chain adjuster but I replaced that with an OEM Husqvarna and it is smooth as ever now. Unlike some people that claim the carbs need constantly adjusting I have not had this problem with either of the three but supposedly the 272 has a genuine Walbro carb on it. The pro model claims to but It looks like a copy to me. I am running 24 inch bars on all three. I have a genuine 395xp that I run a 32 inch bar on when I need a bigger saw. I bought the blue one on sale at a great price because I want to experiment with cleaning up the ports and did not wan to ruin a high dollar saw. I ended up cleaning the ports, installing a pop up piston and a dual port muffler on the blue 272 and it pulls a 24 inch bar through oak without any problem. The blue saw did have an oiling problem when new and I discovered the plate between the saw and the bar had the oil groove too narrow so I widened it with a dremel tool. I now get my desired outcome of one tank of bar oil to one tank of fuel. I am running Oregon bars and full chisel chain on all of my saws. I was surprised my first time doing port work turned out okay. I also run 2 genuine Husky 61s, Stihl 036 pro, and a Stihl 044. I have a Husky 55 but that is not really anything but a homeowners saw. So for the money I spent they run very well.

Back