FarmerTec Holzfforma G660 Purple Monster

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You might consider the 070 for milling. It's a big pig that you just leave tied up in your mill because it's to heavy to be worth anything to most users. But OMG is it a milling machine. Better oiler, bigger chain and capable of pulling longer loops through wood.

I would bet you have a air leak in your husky or a fuel delivery issue which could be as simple as a bad vent or stiff fuel line in the tank causing the filter to come out of the fuel when it lives on its side milling. If you had the simple testing equipment you could track down the problem or a dealer with a better service dept

chainsaw kits and packing lists
http://thechainsawkitguy.com
http://YouTube.com/c/the1chainsawguy

We'll see how it goes. I'm just really excited to flip over my first slab and make a dining room table with it.

This YouTube video is exactly my problem. No faulty vent because the fuel doesnt hiss when I unscrew it. The comments in the video are all over the spectrum. They guy in one comment said the biggest help was mutilating his engine cover to help vent it.

Fact is, is a poorly designed saw for "pro" users.

We'll see how it goes. I'm just really excited to flip over my first slab and make a dining room table with it.

This YouTube video is exactly my problem. No faulty vent because the fuel doesnt hiss when I unscrew it. The comments in the video are all over the spectrum. They guy in one comment said the biggest help was mutilating his engine cover to help vent it.

Fact is, is a poorly designed saw for "pro" users.

I will leave you with that. But testing it is a long way from a hiss. Heat can sure cause problems.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Here is the new top being installed and tested. Should be visible soon.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

They are strange folks. They used a proper brake band. But they sold a zillion without a pin.
53f0f118d9eb3d897e02f50bcd5e06dc.jpg

http://thechainsawkitguy.com

https://youtube.com/the1chainsawguy

Ive had mine since April and maybe close to 10gal. of fuel through it now, carb went sour about a month ago just put on a tilly hs-320, saw came with no rubber seal at the oil pump, chain adjuster felt crunchy, as time goes by I have been changing rubber parts to stihl parts

Is this a mean purple machine or is it blue? I just got one last week. It is exactly the same as the kit just blue and without the opportunity to improve it. I see where the rotor still breaks. Do you disassemble it for preventive stuff or run it until its done? I could smell gas, maybe they test them.

anyone using one? I have not cranked it.

I love the color. I wondered if it was going to be actually orange when they shipped it, Huztl.net has this and says its for folks that dont want a kit. something for everyone.

View attachment 681931

Really very good color.

I guess the question here is should patents last forever? At some point it ceases to be theft and actually becomes a service to the public. I mean Stihl hasn’t sold some of these saws here in decades. Farmertec is producing parts and new saws that will likely keep some of these saws in service decades from now. Making counterfeits is unethical, but making reproductions or replacement parts is not.
I doubt whether the Chinese care if they're committing a crime or not, who's gonna stop them?

I doubt whether the Chinese care if they're committing a crime or not, who's gonna stop them?
Maybe those of us with a conscience with the simple act of refusing to purchase them? Remember what Nikita Khrushchev said?” We will hang the Americans, and they will sell us the rope to do it with”. The same can be said about sending money to the Chinese.

The one I been testing out. Only got a 24" bar but buried in ash testing.

Only things I changed, Decomp, plug, and now prefilter.

Been running 40:1 since new. Like I do with everything.

Looks good in the photos.

It's been about half a year - is it still running OK?

I thought the yellow color Holzforma / Farmertec prefilters were pretty good so why change to a different style?

Looks good in the photos.

It's been about half a year - is it still running OK?

I thought the yellow color Holzforma / Farmertec prefilters were pretty good so why change to a different style?
Yep local guy took it for a bit for big wood cutting. Now a local has it for a milling set up.

I now have papa smurf the real monster for a demo saw. G888 running 3/8 8T just hair bigger then 404 7T

I dont care for OEM or FT style prefilters. Plus HD2 dont come with them either like this one.

g888cbb.jpgg888cbbb.jpgg888cb.jpgg88rim.jpg
outerwear88.jpg
outerwear888.jpg

Latest posts

Back