FarmerTec Huztl MS180/250 Complete Chainsaw Kit

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It appears to be a gamble buying these parts from China. Just as long as you know beforehand and agree that in gambling you don't always win..I buy quite a few of their parts and don't complain when I get a bad part, I usually throw it away..
A fella can spent his dough any way he wants. I would imagine you work that in your price. I can't.

I think I'll save my money and buy the real thing and stop supporting China as they steal everybody's patents
I just bought some stuff they don't make and I paid a lot. On some stuff it's about the same but a lot less. Sometimes not. China makes about everything you use and it's not their fault

A fella can spent his dough any way he wants. I would imagine you work that in your price. I can't.
I can sometimes but lately haven't had any bad parts from Huztl or anybody else. Sometimes a part doesn't fit a saw I'm working on but that's my fault much of the time. Like today, I'd forgot that a Stihl 017 and 018 take a different coil. Can't blame the parts vendor for that, they sent the part that I ordered..

as i get further along more stuff raises its head. to check the installation of the oil pump i slid the worm on, or tried too and it would not go. the worm must have been for a 170. i even tried to file some away and never could get it to work. i did order one and it appears to fit and mate correctly with the oiler. but need to get further along to be sure. maybe next week I will get the parts I should have already had and can see....a hot mess this thing.

250 worm.jpg
1a6422cb9e12a0b7ef19492649fd0e1c.jpg

I have seen a few of these successfully built with the supplied pieces on Facebook et al. so far. Seems like the parts issues you are running into aren't consistent across the board.
I will get one of these kits, but I think I will wait a bit longer.

I have seen a few of these successfully built with the supplied pieces on Facebook et al. so far. Seems like the parts issues you are running into aren't consistent across the board.
I will get one of these kits, but I think I will wait a bit longer.
I have not seen enough people even say they bought one much less completed a running one. Just get you one from Facebook. Then you will know for sure you are safe

I saw a guy on YouTube his parts were horrible. His must have not come from Facebook

I have seen 2 so far posted that were complete and running, and about as many besides yours with parts issues. I wasn't implying anything other than it seems that the parts issues are inconsistent so far or the couple I have seen had OEM parts subbed in without mentioning it.
Not implying anything about Facebook being better, just passing on what I have seen.
Like I said, either way I'm going to hold off a bit on getting one of these kits to see if the parts get better like the bigger saw kits have done.

I have seen 2 so far posted that were complete and running, and about as many besides yours with parts issues. I wasn't implying anything other than it seems that the parts issues are inconsistent so far or the couple I have seen had OEM parts subbed in without mentioning it.
Not implying anything about Facebook being better, just passing on what I have seen.
Like I said, either way I'm going to hold off a bit on getting one of these kits to see if the parts get better like the bigger saw kits have done.
I assumed the parts came from a different source there. Did not take offense. Heck ya to the inconsistent. Two or four is not a big enough of a sample

In my opinion the OEM Stihl 170-180 is bad enough, can't see where the Hutzl could be much worse. I've got three fairly new 180s in the shop that wouldn't run, seems that all the non-adjustable carbs are junk..along with people using ethanol in them. You can't clean them out very well since you can't take the adjustment screws out to let them soak. I have one I soaked in carb cleaner overnight so I'll see if that worked..

In my opinion the OEM Stihl 170-180 is bad enough, can't see where the Hutzl could be much worse. I've got three fairly new 180s in the shop that wouldn't run, seems that all the non-adjustable carbs are junk..
What are they feeding them? E15 or maybe some E85 to save money?

Are the needle bearings missing or are they trying to use a bushing now?
I have a huztl ms180 topend and crank I was sent for testing for a unrelated problem. This one has a bearing and no up and down movement.
Went ahead and pulled it apart. There are needle bearings on the piston end , but doesn't appear to be any on the crank end cannot see them like I can on the old OEM crank. It also doesn't look like I can get the rod off the crank to inspect it.

What are they feeding them? E15 or maybe some E85 to save money?
The owners of these saws use ethanol I would imagine. I drive 20 miles one way to buy 91 octane non-e gasoline and mix my own fuel. Even my Wild Thing gets non ethanol fuel mix. It's hard to make the owner understand that these engines don't like ethanol and it's not good for a saw to sit for two years with fuel in them..

There are very much two camps when it comes to two strokes, those that know and care, and those that think gas is gas. Run into it all the time in sleds, "It would only run full choke now it's dead, I don't know what happened" and the tank is full of yellow stank.

The owners of these saws use ethanol I would imagine. I drive 20 miles one way to buy 91 octane non-e gasoline and mix my own fuel. Even my Wild Thing gets non ethanol fuel mix. It's hard to make the owner understand that these engines don't like ethanol and it's not good for a saw to sit for two years with fuel in them..
My neighbor who I love like a brother uses ethanol and will not quit. He did break down and let me give him a gallon of av100 gas to sit in his Generator after he replaced the carb. It amazes me how resistant people are to using good fuel.

I think it's more that most people are against spending the money to buy the proper fuel...I guess they'd rather spend more to buy a new piston/cylinder when their carb stops up and leans out...on the last 180 I worked on I finally broke down and put a new carb on it--fully adjustable..

My replacement parts arrived today. sad

Dont do it.
DONT BUY HUSTL.
The MS180 and 250 are Stihls cheapo saws and are readily available second hand for next to no money at all. Worn out ones are almost worthless. I got given a MS180 the just needs a rebuild.
Just find a second hand one, strip it down, rebuild it if it needs it, dress her up a bit, and run it.
Then you end uo wuth a QUALITY saw that works, not a piece of absolute rubbish from Hustl

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back