FarmerTec Huztl MS180/250 Complete Chainsaw Kit

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Big difference lol
763346ae7aa38a234c2e2714bd10999f.jpg

The kill switch I think has been narrowed down to the spring not the wire they sent. The plastic seat does not hold the spade tight but the spring will not hold it open and when it's closed it over shoots the spade by a mil.

I just saw a photo of the oem spade and the tip of the Stihl spring has more of a roundness to the end. I am glad to understand it now. No experience with this type switch

My neighbor has a genuine 025, and from what I remember when I changed the coil on it for him, the OEM recoil is a pretty lightweight part as well.
I'm just happy it works, my patience for the easy2start was gone..
This coil looks high quality. It is very light weight. The coil wire is Japanese I think. Of course it hard to tell. But that's my impression from seeing lots of AM coils.

I am glad this does not have easy start but they did use two pawls like the easy start. Good thing to me

Does this help with the kill switch?
be525635c82b5fcc3833f48777d0c4eb.jpg

62f949daaab1ac6fd8ded2e308e4232a.jpg

28ce345db7fde8eb347fcc7d10fc9745.jpg
It does. The thing is I know more now but something is still up. Could be the control arm cut out, or the spring. The.spade is loose. I know I could jam something in there but it need to fit properly so when I turn it off it works after what ever I shove in there settles.

But I think the spring is missing it's mark and not making full contact. It looks like there is about two rat hairs space between the spade in the spring. I studied on it and I don't think the wire is the problem. So maybe the plactic is not holding the spade correctly or the spring is over shooting it. Dang hard to tell which

I have had several Stihl saws in here that had problems with the OEM switch not lining up right or over or undershooting the contact point. It's as much a problem with the design of the parts as is is the manufacture of them in my opinion. They should have designed them so there is a little more tolerance.

Hello, First time posting here. Ordered a Farmertech cylinder, crank, piston assembly. For an MS 180. Problem is it is "ticking" on up and the down stroke. took it apart and compared it to the original assembly. One thing I noticed was the OEM connecting rod has needle bearings where it meets the crank and piston pin. The Farmertech does not and this is where the slop "tick" is coming from. Anyone else have this experience and is it ok to just run it?

Hello, First time posting here. Ordered a Farmertech cylinder, crank, piston assembly. For an MS 180. Problem is it is "ticking" on up and the down stroke. took it apart and compared it to the original assembly. One thing I noticed was the OEM connecting rod has needle bearings where it meets the crank and piston pin. The Farmertech does not and this is where the slop "tick" is coming from. Anyone else have this experience and is it ok to just run it?
I just bought a piston kit for a 180 and it had the needle bearings, it was Chinese but not Huztl/Farmertech. I guess it depends on how much play is in the wrist pin bearing whether you run it or not. Up and down play is pretty critical in those reciprocating assemblies..

Are the needle bearings missing or are they trying to use a bushing now?
I have a huztl ms180 topend and crank I was sent for testing for a unrelated problem. This one has a bearing and no up and down movement.

Are the needle bearings missing or are they trying to use a bushing now?
I have a huztl ms180 topend and crank I was sent for testing for a unrelated problem. This one has a bearing and no up and down movement.

I'm not sure if it is designed w/out the bearings or not. There is a lot of slop at the ends so I'm suspicious.

I just bought a piston kit for a 180 and it had the needle bearings, it was Chinese but not Huztl/Farmertech. I guess it depends on how much play is in the wrist pin bearing whether you run it or not. Up and down play is pretty critical in those reciprocating assemblies..

Do you remember what Brand you bought? Also I think I can get away with a new piston using all the old components. Any recommendations?

Have you asked the seller?

I contacted him when I heard the "ticking". I hadn't pinpointed the problem at that time. He did give me a prompt refund and said they haven't been working with the product for very long.

Do you remember what Brand you bought? Also I think I can get away with a new piston using all the old components. Any recommendations?
I didn't see a brand name on the parts or the box but the ebay sellers name was Exciting-Racing. Kind of an odd name and I'm sure the kit was from China but the seller is in California if I remember correctly.
I didn't buy just the piston/cylinder kit, I bought the whole engine but it was apart.

I contacted him when I heard the "ticking". I hadn't pinpointed the problem at that time. He did give me a prompt refund and said they haven't been working with the product for very long.
So he just sells the stuff. That's a reason I want the relationship with FarmerTec to work. We can talk to the manufacturer and the seller. The same actually but never the less we could have gotten an answer to your question. That is important sometimes

It appears to be a gamble buying these parts from China. Just as long as you know beforehand and agree that in gambling you don't always win..I buy quite a few of their parts and don't complain when I get a bad part, I usually throw it away..

Back