FarmerTec Huztl MS660 Updated Build Kit - Build Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If the crank seal went in a little farther then flush with the bearing race….. will that be ok? Or do I need to remove the seal and put a new one in flush?

I had only got this saw to compare to OEM saws I owned in past. I have or had FT G660 G444 G466 G366 G111T G372xp JC3800 JC2500T so far.

I haven’t done this since I tested a stock muffler modded 361 with 32”.
Clone G366 stock muffler mod with 32” full skip square.

32" was buried for most of cut

Ok impressive it pulled it buried. Need to check and see how it oiled now. Oem was getting stingy back then even is a 2' spruce years back

Imo oiled better then what I recall my oem 361 did in just 2’ of spruce and 32” back then

View attachment 902949View attachment 902950View attachment 902951
How does the G366 and 361 compare? Thinking of a G366 as even used 361/362's in Aus are $1000 plus. Any issues with the G366 PHO that you are aware of?

Cheers, Pete

How does the G366 and 361 compare? Thinking of a G366 as even used 361/362's in Aus are $1000 plus. Any issues with the G366 PHO that you are aware of?

Cheers, Pete
Cuts like my 361 did. But alot of folks seem to have issues with them. I have no clue if they dont know what there doing or what.
One guy I trust says he had 5 with bad tank vents from get go.

Mine got the leaky tank seam seep after a year or so. Them as we know aftermarket molded lines are hit and miss. Mine leaked at carb. I fix that with dollar oem echo fuel line. I wont pay for oem molded lines unless a owner wants it.

Otherwise runs like a 361.

for 175usd

g366fix.jpgg366fixxx.jpg

Cuts like my 361 did. But alot of folks seem to have issues with them. I have no clue if they dont know what there doing or what.
One guy I trust says he had 5 with bad tank vents from get go.

Mine got the leaky tank seam seep after a year or so. Them as we know aftermarket molded lines are hit and miss. Mine leaked at carb. I fix that with dollar oem echo fuel line. I wont pay for oem molded lines unless a owner wants it.

Otherwise runs like a 361.

for 175usd
Cheers for the info. Something for me to consider

I'm new around here, so take it easy on me the best you can. I ordered a Farmertec 066 kit at the end of April. I've been busy but finally got around to finishing it off around the end of may. It fired right up and ran nicely. Then I ended up having a problem. In hindsight, I know what happened. I went to start it and realized that the recoil starter wasn't turning over the motor. I ASSUMED the flywheel was still in the same spot. Wrong, the key sheered and I cranked the flywheel nut down creating incorrect timing. I tried new spark plugs, I tried a new carburetor, new ignition module, etc... It was a frustrating few weeks and then I took it to a buddy who knows these saws much better than me. After explaining everything, he found the sheered woodruff key. I put everything back together and it fired right up. I've added a 24" Tsumra bar and a full chisel chain. I was able to run a tank of fuel through it doing some idling and some soft cutting not revving to high.

Growing up I had a 55cc echo, so this thing feels like an absolute monster. I cannot wait to get several tanks of mix through it. I was so impressed that I started looking at the 044 kits. I wanted to build another kit but then I noticed they had assembled kits on ebay for a 044 for less than the parts kits alone. It was a BIN for $59.99 with $185 of shipping. haha, ended up being $267.48 shipped and that includes a 2 year square trade warranty. Big haha on that, not sure how a warranty would work on this but we will see. It may be a great "insurance policy" if this thing turns out to be a total turd. Anyway, the least expensive 044 parts kit I could find was $350 shipped, so I'm giving this one a try. Thinking I'll use the 24" bar on the 044 and hang a 36" bar on the 066 for future milling.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 14
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 13
If you have interest in using a carb with a replaceable jet, I have found the HLiC to be very reliable. I find the .67 and .69 jets to small. So here are some snaps of the carb. I also heard of an aftermarket brand... ABC that offered the same opportunity.

View attachment 603775 View attachment 603776 View attachment 603777 View attachment 603778
Where are you getting these Guley (HLiC) carbs at Bedford? I want to buy another kit and you said they no longer ship with the HLiC carbs?

Back