FarmerTec Huztl MS660 Updated Build Kit - Build Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok. It will probably just leave it as long as it tunes. I was thinking of tuning on the fairly fat side, while breaking in. It will be starting out, wearing a 24" b&c with full chisel chain. Got the 24" b&c for my 039/MS390 a few months ago and it complained, especially on the oiling front. So that is why I got this kit. Didn't really want to destroy a b&c or my other saw. Contemplating on a 32" b&c if the provided oiler can handle it.
My first kit carb tuned and works perfect, no need to rejet it. The second one wasn't tuning right so I just bought the big Walbro and it tuned perfect... Both saws run great and the plugs are golden brown tuned for milling between 12,500 and 12,800 with 36" bars on them...

Sent from my LGUS992 using Tapatalk

Kit carb as is. .035 squish here too with no gasket. 150 lbs compression

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk
My .035" squish is with gasket. Without gasket, my piston hits and won't finish the cycle. My cylinder would definitely like having a minor grind/cut on the squish band.

Ok. It will probably just leave it as long as it tunes. I was thinking of tuning on the fairly fat side, while breaking in. It will be starting out, wearing a 24" b&c with full chisel chain. Got the 24" b&c for my 039/MS390 a few months ago and it complained, especially on the oiling front. So that is why I got this kit. Didn't really want to destroy a b&c or my other saw. Contemplating on a 32" b&c if the provided oiler can handle it.

Another mod I have is an HO oiler on both saws. The one from Ireland. Both of mine are fine, but some guys have had headaches with them.

I have been looking at those just to make sure the b&c is oiled well enough, regardless of what length I am running.
Another mod I have is an HO oiler on both saws. The one from Ireland. Both of mine are fine, but some guys have had headaches with them.

I have one running the kit carb but I drilled the jet. It was on the one I ported and the adjustment was past 1 1/2 turns before I jetted it.
You could try tuning it and see if it stays tuned. If so then it’s a good carb. An air leak will have you hunting for a good tune.
Also make a long cut then lift mid cut to see if it 4 strokes. If it doesn’t or it seems to rev higher it could be starving for fuel under load. That’ll damage a topend also.

I have one running the kit carb but I drilled the jet. It was on the one I ported and the adjustment was past 1 1/2 turns before I jetted it.
You could try tuning it and see if it stays tuned. If so then it’s a good carb. An air leak will have you hunting for a good tune.
Also make a long cut then lift mid cut to see if it 4 strokes. If it doesn’t or it seems to rev higher it could be starving for fuel under load. That’ll damage a topend also.
That much I knew, with the four stroking. Just wasn't sure how many people had actually rejetted or had good success with the provided carbs. Even after break-in, it will probably still be on the fat side anyways. I plan on tuning to start, using a tach.

Both of mine oil 3/4 of an oil tank to a tank of gas... About 1/4 more than the kit oiler.
Is that with the oiler turned all the way up, on either pump, that you get those amounts? Or is the HO backed off and it still goes through 3/4 of a tank, to a tank of gas?

Is that with the oiler turned all the way up, on either pump, that you get those amounts? Or is the HO backed off and it still goes through 3/4 of a tank, to a tank of gas?

All rhe way up against the stop. I haven't tried modifying them.

The kit pump would only use a half tank turned all the way up.

The HO pump almost uses a whole tank of oil... I'm estimating at 3/4.

Back