FarmerTec Huztl MS660 Updated Build Kit - Build Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Congrats Rich. Funny you ask, because I have been thinking that I'll do exactly what you asked as part of a "every winter" service. Seems like the least I can do and keep them fresh for the spring. I'm not a big fan of "unsealing" well sealed ****, but what the hell. Mine are running so well, that I'm not screwing with anything for now, but it seemed like a solid winter plan.
Do replace the rubber, but the seals, gaskets are good. As you work on it improve it. I had a change to put a excellent cylinder kit on mine and I declined because I had an excellent kit on mine it. That's when you know you have done all the right things. If you got a flood and needed to help yourself or your neighbor your saw would be super reliable, trustworthy.
Refer to http://thechainsawkitguy.com. ideas, part #'s photo, tips. If you need a number ask.

I just got the 2 HO Oil Pumps that I ordered for my saw. My saw has been running beautifully. Usually 1 or 2 pulls and it pops. About 3 or 4 after, it is running. I don't have High Idle like all the others, but it just fires up and purrs. That is with the AM carb that came with it. I haven't adjusted any of the screws on the carb, as it seems to be about a perfect tune. Revved out, it is pulling about 11,800-12,000 and idles without a hiccup. I may set the high side a tad richer yet. I have zero oem parts on the saw, all AM parts. The only thing that sucks, is that I haven't put it into any wood yet. I have nothing worth my time at home and haven't done any cutting at my In-Laws farm. We haven't done any cutting there because either they have been waiting for crops to be gotten out of the fields or weather. But idling and kicking it out and heat cycling it, I have almost ran a half tank of gas through it. Oh, it isn't running a decomp either. I have the port plugged and it isn't bad at all to start. I can definitely tell that it is breaking in, as the pull is getting tougher, but not impossible or difficult. It is definitely a beast though.

Glad your carb is working out they either do or don’t. What’s your oil ratio? Running all aftermarket and the piston bearing I would run 32:1 and a good tune. That’s just me but I run 32:1 in my big saws and 40 in everything else.
This is a plug out of my ported 460 running kl200 at 32:1. Having the low tuned is just as important as the high side.
2caad8bc6982819f1acca6726c1c13b7.jpg

Glad your carb is working out they either do or don’t. What’s your oil ratio? Running all aftermarket and the piston bearing I would run 32:1 and a good tune. That’s just me but I run 32:1 in my big saws and 40 in everything else.
This is a plug out of my ported 460 running kl200 at 32:1. Having the low tuned is just as important as the high side.
2caad8bc6982819f1acca6726c1c13b7.jpg

Right now it is running 32:1, probably closer to 30:1 as I always add a tad more than the needed amount. I haven't decided yet, but I may just run 32:1 in everything so that I don't have to have 2 different cans of mix. I have always got 32:1 as I mow with nothing but lawn-boy mowers, because of my terraces. I wanted to run 32:1 in it for break-in, at the very least. The low is actually running right at the recommended idle speed or alittle lower. It just purrs and pulls right to full rev without a bog or flat spots, that I can tell. I even figured I would give the provided "Bosch" spark plug a try and it is running good with it. Haven't pulled it to see what color it is. I wanted to give it more run time, before I pulled it to see what it looked like.

Sounds good. Share some vids when you get some logs to cut.
The plug I showed really don’t tell a whole lot about my high and low settings except it looks good for a extended run at wot and idle.
I hear a lot of people like lawn boys I’ve never used one.

Bosch used to be and maybe still is the must have plug for vws. Back in the old days.
Right now it is running 32:1, probably closer to 30:1 as I always add a tad more than the needed amount. I haven't decided yet, but I may just run 32:1 in everything so that I don't have to have 2 different cans of mix. I have always got 32:1 as I mow with nothing but lawn-boy mowers, because of my terraces. I wanted to run 32:1 in it for break-in, at the very least. The low is actually running right at the recommended idle speed or alittle lower. It just purrs and pulls right to full rev without a bog or flat spots, that I can tell. I even figured I would give the provided "Bosch" spark plug a try and it is running good with it. Haven't pulled it to see what color it is. I wanted to give it more run time, before I pulled it to see what it looked like.

chainsaw kits and packing lists
http://thechainsawkitguy.com
http://YouTube.com/c/the1chainsawguy

Let just say that I am a Lawn Boy hoarder, along with chainsaws. I have 7 different Lawn Boys and they are all 2 strokes. Love them because they are all work horses. The oldest one I have is a cream/white colored and was made by OMC. The "Bosch" spark plug I can almost guarantee that it isn't an actual Bosch because the spark plug number I can find on it comes back as being a Torch number. I can't wait to get it into some logs. I know of some large walnut trees that need to be cut, out at my in-laws farm. That should be a decent start for a break-in work out.

I agree, they do make a mess. The only saving grace with these is the fact that these are out around their fields. There are several that have been dead for years and they need to come down before they come down when crops are in and harder to get to without screwing yields. Been lucky so far that they haven't come down with the storms we have had the last several years.

It seems farmertec has put high idle on the newer carbs as a work around for the non functional switch shaft and trigger. Here's a video ------>

Back