FarmerTec Huztl MS660 Updated Build Kit - Build Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got the zip. Couldn't open it on my phone though. I'll have to check on a computer. I even sealed the cylinder gasket so I'm not sure where I might have been getting an air leak from to run that lean.

I think when I get the new case and crank I'm just going to use the 54mm cylinder. Try to avoid as many issues as possible from having to clearance the new case.

I should be able to reuse just about everything else on the saw right?
Yes you should but fyi i just put a 54mm on a case and the transfer port still was touching the case so I'm asking every one please check and make sure that you're cilinders don't have clearance issues its something that can be fixed before you get to far in to the build. :heart::chop:
I got the zip. Couldn't open it on my phone though. I'll have to check on a computer. I even sealed the cylinder gasket so I'm not sure where I might have been getting an air leak from to run that lean.

I think when I get the new case and crank I'm just going to use the 54mm cylinder. Try to avoid as many issues as possible from having to clearance the new case.

I should be able to reuse just about everything else on the saw right?

Is there a way to test the carb for not flowing enough? It didn't seem that dry when it broke cylinder bolts. So I am really curious as to where my air leak was coming from. I had the jets set at 1 turn out, per stihl spec.

I'll go down to the local stihl dealer and order a new gasket kit tomorrow. And order a new crank and case from huztl. Does anyone know if HL supply has shorter shipping times? Or anywhere else to get those parts without waiting 3 weeks for shipping?

I'll have to look at testing options for a leak down and pressure test. Not looking to break the bank but also not looking to build this saw a fourth time lol
I would like to know what is your altitude where you live??

I happen to live in East Ridge near Camp Jordan, and already have the stuff to pressure/vac test 660s, so you're welcome to come over if that appeals to you.

686' according to google. Hixson, TN
Ok you're pretty close to the same as here and you running there carb and you had the high speed set one full tern out. Not to be mean to you I just want you to learn from this and please don't take this in a bad way but if you were running there carb you were running it way to lean it can happen. My bet that saw was screemem . You can get a tack fairly cheap

I happen to live in East Ridge near Camp Jordan, and already have the stuff to pressure/vac test 660s, so you're welcome to come over if that appeals to you.
That would be awesome! I'll send you a message when I get the new case together and hopefully we can get together to test it. Do you have the parts to block off the intake and exhaust ports?

Ok you're pretty close to the same as here and you running there carb and you had the high speed set one full tern out. Not to be mean to you I just want you to learn from this and please don't take this in a bad way but if you were running there carb you were running it way to lean it can happen. My bet that saw was screemem . You can get a tack fairly cheap
Please, I'd like to learn as not to have a repeat performance. But I thought it was spec for the jets to be one full turn out? I didn't think it was screaming by ear.

Ok, sounds good. Yeah, I have a way to block off the intake and exhaust. Also some decomp plugs (although they seem to take a lot of torque to stop leaking, so they might need a different gasket washer, which shouldn't be hard).

Ok, sounds good. Yeah, I have a way to block off the intake and exhaust. Also some decomp plugs (although they seem to take a lot of torque to stop leaking, so they might need a different gasket washer, which shouldn't be hard).
I got OEM decompression plug.

buy from @Ozhoo he's here. he will ship it quick. farmertec gaskets are good quality. i have no problems with them

the stihl gasket kit will have seals. i think its 35$.

i was just looking on ebay. they have the mityvac 8500 for 66.48. you could resell it here and the next builder could buy and repeat

Attachments

• 660 gasket set.JPG
    660 gasket set.JPG
    62.1 KB · Views: 16
I think, the carbs are time bombs, been changing mine out. You can burn one up with no air leak. Carb not working right, jet to small, air leak. All just fuel related. Then you have the cylinder pitfalls.

I see good people not understanding the importance of those things until it's too late. Guess that needs to be taught in saw builders school that is included in each saw. Or just do what HL does. Don't build a saw with this kit and you can't have problems you can't solve. I don't like that one, but it works lol
You really don't like them HL kits. I liked that I got one from a place that spoke Engrish within 2 time zones.

You really don't like them HL kits. I liked that I got one from a place that spoke Engrish within 2 time zones.
I was quoting from their website. has nothing to do with the kit. its important to use context.

i wonder what the jets measure on the 660 carb? i have a bag full of them just no way to measure. everything aftermarket is off in measure a little bit. can you afford that on a epa sized jet?

buy from @Ozhoo he's here. he will ship it quick. farmertec gaskets are good quality. i have no problems with them

i was just looking on ebay. they have the mityvac 8500 for 66.48. you could resell it here and the next builder could buy and repeat

Ozhoo was nice enough to send me the cylinder head bolts. I'll contact him about the case and crank. I bought the OEM gasket kit the first time around. I'd like to do the same this time around. How do you feel about the farmertec crank seals?

Ozhoo was nice enough to send me the cylinder head bolts. I'll contact him about the case and crank. I bought the OEM gasket kit the first time around. I'd like to do the same this time around. How do you feel about the farmertec crank seals?
Did you see my post on that kit. They are included you don't need FarmerTec. I use their seals. Oem Everytime you can afford it and FarmerTec everyother time for me. Except carbs, oem from now on. What we can't see can hurt us.

I bought my 8500 on eBay from seller "sarafankit2009" and when it had issues a couple months later they refused to take it back, and MityVac refused to honor a warranty (working now after slamming on desk, though). Buyer beware.

I bought my 8500 on eBay from seller "sarafankit2009" and when it had issues a couple months later they refused to take it back, and MityVac refused to honor a warranty (working now after slamming on desk, though). Buyer beware.
We always need to be aware. How often do companies offer to meet a warranty obligation? Depends. The extra warranty is our only recourse on eBay. Did Mityvac say they were not authorized? Caveat emptor

I was quoting from their website. has nothing to do with the kit. its important to use context.

i wonder what the jets measure on the 660 carb? i have a bag full of them just no way to measure. everything aftermarket is off in measure a little bit. can you afford that on a epa sized jet?
Most of the jets are. . 62 which we both know that's way to small considering the ms460 comes stalk with a . 70 and I believe when i modified my jet i think my jet is pretty close to that now. Lol and what a world of difference that made.

Back