FarmerTec Huztl MS660 Updated Build Kit - Build Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@MG porting so what did you find on the jet size? i just looked again and can not find it. I did a backwards search in stihl docs and it does not list the HS-320A. That means nothing other than my resource was zero. so i went back about 3 search pages and still found nothing.

Stihl says the WJ-76 it says is .74 fixed jet which i knew. The WJ-67 is .64. The WJ-69 is .62 So the question is where does the the HS-320A fit in with the Stihl lineup. I want to include the info. I have that walbo, tillotson dealer i can ask if needed
I found out from a saw builder over my state that thought me how to porte and he told me that the tillonton carb was jetted on the large side like the wj-76 but every time I asked him if he new what jet did they put in it I got no answer so all I can say is it's got to be a good size jet but at the same time he told me that it has a smaller vancherrie sorry for the spelling than the wj carbs he told me that it's a good carb to modify but he also stated he's a walbro fan. Lol. It's hard to get a solid answer from him still of witch one he would run though. Got to love them old dog's. Lol and he still keeps telling me youll finger it out. So I'm not much help other that it's got to be close to a . 74 or .70.

Ok I will send a email and see what I can find out and let you know.

Again based on how it tuned it's great for sure but it would be nice to know for comparsion

And just for fun i have a 064 that's heavily modded on the ports and it has the wj-76 although it is a smaller bore the carb settings are the same on the low setting and the high setting so i have to believe the jetting on both are close if not the same I could check them with the jet reamer to see I just might do that just for you Bedford T. :yes::drinkingcoffee:

Sounds like there's a Jonsered tech in the room.. I have a 2094.. It's old, but I'm older. When I pull the starter it seem/feels like it binds up. New rope but am afraid I might break it.. I pull the plug and it rotates just as smooth as ya please.. My first Jonny, and unless I get this figured out, my last.. Thanks, K

The HS-320A is a .65 according to the manufacturer. That means it's manufactured for the US. So it's a hair larger than the WJ-67 at .64

This walbro as I mentioned before with the higher jetting and the Stihl branding I am thinking it comes from Brazil.

MG I know its tuned but if you ever need it a walbro jet will work in it

The HS-320A is a .65 according to the manufacturer. That means it's manufactured for the US. So it's a hair larger than the WJ-67 at .64

This walbro as I mentioned before with the higher jetting and the Stihl branding I am thinking it comes from Brazil.

MG I know its tuned but if you ever need it a walbro jet will work in it
Yea that's strange I'm not sure how my carb tuned with that small of a jet compared to farmertec carb and that one i had to open up the jet in a lot to get it back to speck. Humm. I'm going to be thinking on this one for a while. Lol

I was not trying to lessen your satisfaction. I maintain a website as a central location for other kit builders to get information on the kits. And I felt having all this documented was important. I have guys spending 10-15 minutes looking around my website and 50% of them come back and back. Merchandisers would kill for that. But there are guys all over the world interested. Just so you know, no harm intended on that.

I was not trying to lessen your satisfaction. I maintain a website as a central location for other kit builders to get information on the kits. And I felt having all this documented was important. I have guys spending 10-15 minutes looking around my website and 50% of them come back and back. Merchandisers would kill for that. But there are guys all over the world interested. Just so you know, no harm intended on that.
OH no I didn't take it as a bad thing at all I really appreciate what you did. Lol it just makes me want to see what the difference between the two carbs now other than we both know that one is made in Japan and the other is made in Ireland.

OH no I didn't take it as a bad thing at all I really appreciate what you did. Lol it just makes me want to see what the difference between the two carbs now other than we both know that one is made in Japan and the other is made in Ireland.
The manufacturer used to have to make them per what ever the Environmental requirements were for the country they are sold in. With some exceptions like if a carb was imported from Brazil where there are no protections and no chance of cooperation and I think that's why mine is branded Stihl. I am unsure of what protection the EU has which Ireland is member. I think that's the difference between the two.

I built up one of these kits and had pretty good luck with it for 4 tanks of fuel, then I go to take out the spark plug dam if there wasn't a booger on the threads that broke off the threads of the cylinder. I got a NGK spark plug and a Raisman cylinder to replace it got it back together and now have about 10 more tanks of fuel through it. Jeez it pulls HARD with a 24" bar, never had a saw this big before but wow!
Wanted to thank the contributors of this thread and others, I've been lurking around reading a lot but held off on posting till I had some run time on it.
Took a couple pics while running it the other day see if I can get them to load on here,

I built up one of these kits and had pretty good luck with it for 4 tanks of fuel, then I go to take out the spark plug dam if there wasn't a booger on the threads that broke off the threads of the cylinder. I got a NGK spark plug and a Raisman cylinder to replace it got it back together and now have about 10 more tanks of fuel through it. Jeez it pulls HARD with a 24" bar, never had a saw this big before but wow!
Wanted to thank the contributors of this thread and others, I've been lurking around reading a lot but held off on posting till I had some run time on it.
Took a couple pics while running it the other day see if I can get them to load on here,

Very nice in deed.

Back