FarmerTec Huztl MS660 Updated Build Kit - Build Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got the saw together, did 3 heat cycles and adjusted it. Took it by the local saw shop and a friend double checked it. The friend who I assembled it for came to get it and it wouldn't start.

I took a look at it and was getting a good spark. Changed the plug, still no dice. I removed the filter base and just had the carb bolted on with nothing else. I couldn't get it to start, but didn't see much gas.

I pulled the carb off and apart, screen was clean. When I blew out the main jet, lots of tiny glitter came out. I guess some residual aluminum from the manufacturing of the carb.

I put on an extra carb and it started right up.

I guess it's my fault for not double checking the carb, like I do all the internal stuff for left over manufacturing metal bits.
Sad update. Screech. Locked up. Not my assembly. I hope to have a look soon. Guess it made it half hour.
To lean or straight gassed or really bad are leek. Any case that sucks.

To lean or straight gassed or really bad are leek. Any case that sucks.

It seems that in this latest batch, the quality seems to be off. I'm sure there are some that go without a hitch, my 440 kit was like that, but I'm probably not going to be buying another.

At least for myself. If someone I know wants to pay me to assemble and troubleshoot, then I'll consider that. The same way I don't want to do another 009l crank bearings replacement.

Whew. My buddy was pulling my leg on the failure. He actually is very pleased with the saw. I told him he had a poor choice of humor.
Yea hahaha last joke will be on him next time I bet. That's good to hear that there's nothing wrong with the saw. :laugh::chainsaw:

I wonder if yours hung a ring on the exhaust.
Mine did this weekend and locked up tighter than Dicks Hatband.
Hope to tear it down soon and get some pics.
I worked my ports over good with a nice bevel. Takes some time and a steady hand. I bent a small file at an angle to get in there and smooth all the edges well.

I think that's what happened. The one I ported is fine so far although I haven't used that one much.
The stock huztl topend on the other saw had the problem.

Hey guys. Got my wrist pin bearing. So finishing up my build. Have 2 rubber parts I am trying to sort out. I read in this thread the o-ring goes under the oil pump but I used the little flat sided o-ring the manual call for in that seal. Same Bedford used in his video to. So not sure if it goes somewhere else. Also can't find where the grommet in the right of the pic goes? They double up bunch of the rubber parts in my kit as the handle assembly was already built so that's where I had doubles of everything. Any ideas where it goes also?
View attachment 639091
One is the oil pump and the other, larger is for the handle wiring grommet

Got one the other day on ebay with that coupon. Last one actually. Exited for the build. Thanks to everyone who has contributed to this and the other threads!

Sent from my SM-S907VL using Tapatalk

We pay 25% tariffs to china. They pay 2.5%.
The people raking in the $ from favors or deals might come to a end. Guess we'll see

Great that sucks but maybe if there going to be charing more maybe they will throw in some better parts. Wishful thinking anyway. [emoji38]:laughing:
I bet the parts will be worse. In retaliation. A screw you. I dreaded this. I enjoyed building, learning. Thankfully I am past that but there are other people coming along. Sad if it all flows like it appears it will. You know tools are made of steel, clutches, bolts, chain, sprockets, that is a whole other price increase on top of that. It will be like in new Zealand and Australia where buying a 661 is like buying a used car. Sadder lol

http://thechainsawkitguy.com Kit info

I bet the parts will be worse. In retaliation. A screw you. I dreaded this. I enjoyed building, learning. Thankfully I am past that but there are other people coming along. Sad if it all flows like it appears it will. You know tools are made of steel, clutches, bolts, chain, sprockets, that is a whole other price increase on top of that. It will be like in new Zealand and Australia where buying a 661 is like buying a used car. Sadder lol

http://thechainsawkitguy.com Kit info
Yea I'm sure that they will be a little upset but the people who buy these kits are also going to be victims to so hopefully they will put that in consideration. Keep are fingers crossed anyways. :innocent:

One is the oil pump and the other, larger is for the handle wiring grommet
You say the o ring is the oil pump? Where does it go? The one fitting drops into the pickup tube. The other hole gets the flat sided ring thats the pressure side. So where does this little o ring go?

Back