FarmerTec Huztl MS660 Updated Build Kit - Build Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well change my mind on the base gasket even though I the piston had room around the squish band I don't feel like running a saw that I can only run for five minutes at a time because it would run hotter and be a hole lot harder on the bottom end so ant the beginning the saw had . 036" and then I changed it to . 015" and now it's right at . 031" that was after taking a little bit off the base good enough for a work saw. FYI I'm getting lonely here guys what's going on everyone outside enjoying the sun. Lol:havingarest::barbecue:

I am here. Checked out your porting. Want to know how it runs.
I am just finishing up my 660. I am hydro dipping my orange plastics before I fire it up. Don't want oil on the plastics before coating them. My clear coat is due in on Monday so I will get the dip done that day and clear them. Then I will be ready to fire it up. But here is a picture of it now.
IMG_20180315_185647.jpg IMG_20180315_185719.jpg IMG_20180315_185740.jpg

I am just finishing up my 660. I am hydro dipping my orange plastics before I fire it up. Don't want oil on the plastics before coating them. My clear coat is due in on Monday so I will get the dip done that day and clear them. Then I will be ready to fire it up. But here is a picture of it now.
View attachment 639866 View attachment 639867 View attachment 639868
Very cool can't wait to see how your plastic covers turn out. My saw runs great so far it's right where I expected it to be at the rpm in the cut we shall see how it goes with a 32"bar jut have a 28"bar on it right now hopefully one of my friends will be kind enough to give me a chain for my 32"bar. Lol.

I haven’t used my 660 much yet. Got it out the other day, and it wouldn’t idle down. The trigger didn’t feel right. I tried tuning, and noticed the idle speed screw did not seem to be engaging. Also, the choke lever didn’t feel right.

Tore into it a couple days ago, thinking I might have to debur or hone some of the plastic. Turns out that the throttle rod was binding up where it hooks into the carb bell crank. On closer look, the hook was about 10° shy of a full 90. I corrected that, put it back together, and now it works like it should. Choke engages easily, pops into second position with a nudge, and flips to run with a little squeeze of the trigger. I tweaked the mixture screws, set the idle, and it is good to go.

It may be time to order a second one!

I haven’t used my 660 much yet. Got it out the other day, and it wouldn’t idle down. The trigger didn’t feel right. I tried tuning, and noticed the idle speed screw did not seem to be engaging. Also, the choke lever didn’t feel right.

Tore into it a couple days ago, thinking I might have to debur or hone some of the plastic. Turns out that the throttle rod was binding up where it hooks into the carb bell crank. On closer look, the hook was about 10° shy of a full 90. I corrected that, put it back together, and now it works like it should. Choke engages easily, pops into second position with a nudge, and flips to run with a little squeeze of the trigger. I tweaked the mixture screws, set the idle, and it is good to go.

It may be time to order a second one!
Right on good to here that it all turned out for you. And Lol yep they are auditing and lots of fun building them it's always hard to stop with just one. Lol

Oddjob I pulled over 4 times on decomp slow to prime, 5 pull it fired, by 7th it was running. What more do you want? It starts better than a real Sthil.
Tell me about it my 064 has 200 pounds of compression and it takes ten or twelve poles just to get it to pop on choke. Lol

Bedford gave some advise and I followed it, I got some OEM Stihl parts. I got a kit from HL. My deer hunting buddy Uncle Bill passed away, I have a big helper in the afternoons. We put this together while Mother and Father went to Kenosha for the service. The MS 660 kit was a day off thing, I just needed to be here to hold down the fort.

I looked back a few pages but couldn't find a previous post about the clearcoat. I've been looking for a fuel resistant clearcoat for restored plastics. Can you give me more info?

I looked back a few pages but couldn't find a previous post about the clearcoat. I've been looking for a fuel resistant clearcoat for restored plastics. Can you give me more info?
I am just using a good quality 2k clear coat. Commercial grade. Not rattle can. When applied dried and waxed it holds up darn good.

Back