FarmerTec Huztl MS660 Updated Build Kit - Build Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Would you make them send you a new brake band? The saw is too big not to have a pin in it. You are suppose to assemble it so the inserts are not a big deal. Glad there were there finally.

Get you at least three things from Stihl store
Oem piston pin
Oem piston bearing
Oem decomp

Brake band with pin if you don't have them send you one and the saw should live long.

Thanks bud. Found the inserts in a separate bag... I got a pressure pin and made the pin for the brake band. Kinda nice because its all miced out so it fits perfectly tight. Saw fired up 6th pull... I had a Husky decomp button, but it seems to be popping too easy... Yanked the cord out of my hands a couple times! I have a hypo 272xp with the jug decked and decomp plugged that doesn't come even CLOSE to this compression. I put Caber rings in it and OEM seals and gaskets... They missed a pass inside the PTO housing and left a tiny 1/16 wide by 1/16 ridge around the entire clutch drum that kept it from seating. Kinda sucked because I had everything greased up on that side and had to machine the ridge out... Made a freaking mess, but it worked out. I used the OEM pdf parts diagram to make sure the right bolts went in the right spots... Long day, but it's running nice. I'll run a tank through it tomorrow and give it a fat tune for now... I'll keep you updated.

I purchased a FT 660 kit during their sale, $212 shipped. I just like building things and these kits are very cool to put together. Previously I had put together a 361 kit which I found to be pretty easy and clean. The cylinder in this 660 kit had rough ports, no where near as clean as what I have seen posted here so they did require a clean up. In both my kits the chain brake spring is flat out wrong so I ordered an oem spring before hand. And the notch in the brake drum needed to be cut deeper as it was causing an issue pushing the oiler arm into the case. Also, I had terrible luck with the supplied spark plug. It would sputter and putt. So I swapped out the plug for an NGK (.020" gap) and it fired up without any other issues.

Most annoying issue was the choke lever did not work. With the air filter base bolted in there was considerable play in the choke lever shaft and it did not make contact with the trigger so it would not hold the trigger when full or half choke was selected. I ended up heating and stretching the contact cam to make contact which worked out very well. Works as it should. I used all FT parts except what I replaced above, good compression, idles at 2900, set H at 13,000. It starts just fine and runs very well. I'm waiting on a bar before I get it into some wood. It is not going to be used a lot.

OEM on left, Huztl on right
20171202_123238.jpg

Random extra parts received with the kit. I was missing 3 M5 nuts.
20171208_102549.jpg

20171201_123259.jpg

I purchased a FT 660 kit during their sale, $212 shipped. I just like building things and these kits are very cool to put together. Previously I had put together a 361 kit which I found to be pretty easy and clean. The cylinder in this 660 kit had rough ports, no where near as clean as what I have seen posted here so they did require a clean up. In both my kits the chain brake spring is flat out wrong so I ordered an oem spring before hand. And the notch in the brake drum needed to be cut deeper as it was causing an issue pushing the oiler arm into the case. Also, I had terrible luck with the supplied spark plug. It would sputter and putt. So I swapped out the plug for an NGK (.020" gap) and it fired up without any other issues.

Most annoying issue was the choke lever did not work. With the air filter base bolted in there was considerable play in the choke lever shaft and it did not make contact with the trigger so it would not hold the trigger when full or half choke was selected. I ended up heating and stretching the contact cam to make contact which worked out very well. Works as it should. I used all FT parts except what I replaced above, good compression, idles at 2900, set H at 13,000. It starts just fine and runs very well. I'm waiting on a bar before I get it into some wood. It is not going to be used a lot.

View attachment 617696

Random extra parts received with the kit. I was missing 3 M5 nuts.
View attachment 617698

View attachment 617699
Man the brakes, they screw up across many models. Looks good. Thanks for sharing what you ran into. That's always helpful.

View attachment 617696

Yep, I had the same chain brake spring issue months ago - had to order OEM separately too. I wish they'd fix this problem, many have had it. Loved the kits I built.

I had some time with this snow and was focused on hard start and quick to die troubleshooting and threewood's post reminded me that early on we had the same or similar issue with the shaft. I used one of my earlier fixes on the lobe. Then I tested the wiring to be sure it was good and it tested fine, but i noticed the spade was not tight on the coil connector. A few times it would start and kick off if you rolled it. That made me retest the saw and it was tight. so after those latest tweaks the saw starts fairly quick but when it warms up, two minutes, bam it cuts off and will not start. i ordered another coil. I remember my first build I had the exact same problem. Still have the tubing and it still fits perfectly. That is a walbro WJ-76-1 carb. The problems with the kits reoccur. I need to make a note of this.

ms660 bar fix.jpg

I took the time to compile a MS660 parts packing list and put it on my website. You can cut and paste it into something and print it or whatever. I put it there so I can keep it current. We needed it a long time ago.

I think what I've seen here is a "purging" of old parts while the Black Friday sale was going on. Walts last video bragged about the parts upgrades to the kits... My kit seemed (not a conspiracy theorist here) to have received most of the older/common problem parts with my "sale/deal" kit. Thing is ripping though. Got a small tree job that I'm breaking in the saw on and it's paid for itself in 2 days... We will see...

I think what I've seen here is a "purging" of old parts while the Black Friday sale was going on. Walts last video bragged about the parts upgrades to the kits... My kit seemed (not a conspiracy theorist here) to have received most of the older/common problem parts with my "sale/deal" kit. Thing is ripping though. Got a small tree job that I'm breaking in the saw on and it's paid for itself in 2 days... We will see...
Did you tell them?

Did you tell them?
Not in so many words Bedford. I did let them know that I had a few issues and they told me to watch videos... I will try to put together my thoughts and compose a proper email, but to be honest, I'm pretty pleased with the way the saw came out. Most of the fit was good. Cylinder didn't have any freeport issue with the gasket installed. Had all but two small nuts that I wouldn't have used anyway.... Even got the summer/winter baffle for inside the air cover.... Old brake spring with the hook on the side, it worked for now. Old/soft chain adjuster worm gears, ordered OEM. Pretty rough casting on the cylinder, but I don't have to look at it.... Seems to have a pile of compression, runs cool, starts right up and idles perfect... Extra long fuel line, have to shorten it in the tank... Ignition wires all fit fine... All trigger controls and detents are tight and work fine... Muffler fit perfect.... Plastics fit perfect and seem to be of real good quality... Bearings were placed perfect, I miced them all for clearance. All 1184 on the key gaskets... All extra loctite on the bolts. Nice clutch side cover and pull cord assembly. OEM decomp button coming with chain adjuster, but the Husky one is working better since I burned off the assembly oil. NGK plug of course and Caber rings... The Caber rings are a HUGE improvement over the kit rings... I put on the 56mm jug and have the kit supplied 54mm as a backup. Ordered an aftermarket gasket and seal kit and the cylinder gasket cleared the bigger short skirt piston better than the kit supplied one... I'm happy so far!

I ordered the 36" 3/8" bar/chain combo, along with a bunch of parts like intake and rubber parts and a gasket set. I received a 36" hard nose bar with a .404 chain. In the picture they show a roller tip bar with the 3/8" bar. I wrote them a email.
I just received my order, order number HL20171121265033. I ordered Item number Z0023 36 Guide Bar & Saw Chain Combo 3/8 .063 For Stihl Chainsaw 090 070 088 084 076 075 051 050 MS880
I received item number Z0022 36‘’ Guide Bar & Saw Chain Combo .404 .063 104DL . I ordered a 3/8 that shows on the picture as a roller tip bar and I received a .404 Hard nose bar.

Thank You
Brian

Dear sir,
Thanks for your busines.
May I ask what the item number is on the bar and bag of chain.
And we will check it for you.

Best regards,
HUZTL TEAM

Me 2017-12-05 16:58:08
On the bag that the chain is in has number HFC070Y. On the bar it's self has a number of HF38639

Me 2017-12-05 17:01:49
The chain it's self has .404 written on it. I also used my Oregon measuring device to measure it and it is .404 chain.

HUZTL TEAM 2017-12-06 03:53:18
Dear sir,
Thanks for your reply.
May I ask what the model of saw you want to fit.

Best regards,
HUZTL TEAM

Me 2017-12-06 22:17:13
I was making adaptors to use it on my MS660. If not that I will use it on my McCulloch SP125C.

HUZTL TEAM 2017-12-07 04:08:34
Dear Sir,
Thanks for your quick reply.
Sorry to tell you that the Bar and Chain could not fit MS660, and our title has not show the model.

Confirming the specifications, models and pictures before buying parts is necessary. We often suggest our customers to do that.

Thanks for your understanding.
Regards,
Huztl

Me 2017-12-07 23:36:23
It will fit my McCulloch and with the right adaptors it will fit the 660. Stihl makes an adaptor spring that goes over the bar studs to size it down the bar studs on a 660. I usually just make them. I have a machine shop.

Me 2017-12-07 23:38:45
Either way I ordered a 3/8 setup and I was sent a .404.

Me 2017-12-07 23:41:00
Besides this my next purchase is going to be a 070 and a mill. This setup will work on it.

HUZTL TEAM 2017-12-08 01:35:15
Dear sir,
Thanks for your help and understanding.
We tested and knew this set chain and bar will fit the models in our title. So we did not emphasize the size. Sincerely hope you can understand.

Best regards,
HUZTL TEAM

What the hell is this? It is not up to them to tell me what I want. I ordered what it showed in the picture a roller tip bar with a 3/8" chain for a reason. I was going to use this on a mill and want the 3/8" cut instead of a .404 cut. I also cut some large wood and when I use it on the MS660 I want the smaller chain, it is easier for the saw to pull. I will also use a skip chain. I can make adaptors to adapt that blade to fit on the 660 and also to fit on the McCulloch SP125C.

I now see that they have the bar & chain combo marked as sold out. That is the reason I did not receive the combo I ordered. I am unsure I will purchase anymore of their products if they are going to be that way. The MS660 is a good saw and I think they are working on trying to improve there product and that is the reason I have stayed with them. But they do not know what is on my mind when I order a product and what I am going to use it on or for. Ship me what I ordered not what you think I need. I have a masters in engineering and have been cutting wood all my life. I grew up with a wood stove in the house and my family also own a telephone company. I have cut right of way sense I was 8 or 9 years old. So again don't send me what you think I need, you don't know me or what I can do. I can mod almost any bar to fit almost any saw. My SP125C right now has a stihl big frame bar on it right now and works fine with the mods I done to it. It is not hard to do. It will with very little moding fit the 660.

• That is a roller tip!!! And it is not the large frame mount.

• Specifications
    Product Name 36 Guide Bar & Saw Chain Combo 3/8 .063 For Stihl Chainsaw 090 070 088 084 076 075 051 050 MS880
    Item NO Z0023
    Weight 4.1300 Kg
    Category Tools & Accessories > Chainsaw Chains
    Brand Holzfforma
Brian

I ordered the 36" 3/8" bar/chain combo, along with a bunch of parts like intake and rubber parts and a gasket set. I received a 36" hard nose bar with a .404 chain. In the picture they show a roller tip bar with the 3/8" bar. I wrote them a email.
I just received my order, order number HL20171121265033. I ordered Item number Z0023 36 Guide Bar & Saw Chain Combo 3/8 .063 For Stihl Chainsaw 090 070 088 084 076 075 051 050 MS880
I received item number Z0022 36‘’ Guide Bar & Saw Chain Combo .404 .063 104DL . I ordered a 3/8 that shows on the picture as a roller tip bar and I received a .404 Hard nose bar.

Thank You
Brian

Dear sir,
Thanks for your busines.

Best regards,
HUZTL TEAM

On the bag that the chain is in has number HFC070Y. On the bar it's self has a number of HF38639

The chain it's self has .404 written on it. I also used my Oregon measuring device to measure it and it is .404 chain.

Dear sir,
Thanks for your reply.

Best regards,
HUZTL TEAM

I was making adaptors to use it on my MS660. If not that I will use it on my McCulloch SP125C.

Dear Sir,
Sorry to tell you that the Bar and Chain could not fit MS660, and our title has not show the model.

Confirming the specifications, models and pictures before buying parts is necessary. We often suggest our customers to do that.

Regards,
Huztl

It will fit my McCulloch and with the right adaptors it will fit the 660. Stihl makes an adaptor spring that goes over the bar studs to size it down the bar studs on a 660. I usually just make them. I have a machine shop.

Besides this my next purchase is going to be a 070 and a mill. This setup will work on it.

Dear sir,
We tested and knew this set chain and bar will fit the models in our title. So we did not emphasize the size. Sincerely hope you can understand.

Best regards,
HUZTL TEAM

What the hell is this? It is not up to them to tell me what I want. I ordered what it showed in the picture a roller tip bar with a 3/8" chain for a reason. I was going to use this on a mill and want the 3/8" cut instead of a .404 cut. I also cut some large wood and when I use it on the MS660 I want the smaller chain, it is easier for the saw to pull. I will also use a skip chain. I can make adaptors to adapt that blade to fit on the 660 and also to fit on the McCulloch SP125C.

I now see that they have the bar & chain combo marked as sold out. That is the reason I did not receive the combo I ordered. I am unsure I will purchase anymore of their products if they are going to be that way. The MS660 is a good saw and I think they are working on trying to improve there product and that is the reason I have stayed with them. But they do not know what is on my mind when I order a product and what I am going to use it on or for. Ship me what I ordered not what you think I need. I have a masters in engineering and have been cutting wood all my life. I grew up with a wood stove in the house and my family also own a telephone company. I have cut right of way sense I was 8 or 9 years old. So again don't send me what you think I need, you don't know me or what I can do. I can mod almost any bar to fit almost any saw. My SP125C right now has a stihl big frame bar on it right now and works fine with the mods I done to it. It is not hard to do. It will with very little moding fit the 660.

• Specifications
    Product Name 36 Guide Bar & Saw Chain Combo 3/8 .063 For Stihl Chainsaw 090 070 088 084 076 075 051 050 MS880
    Item NO Z0023
    Weight 4.1300 Kg
    Brand Holzfforma
Brian
I reached out to you in a pm. I would encourage you to open a PayPal dispute. They can be idiots. We need to teach them a lesson to stop the tide. This will only get worse. Their logic is child like so punishment might be the answer. The Chinese government allows them to read the forums but not websites. So they can see this stuff. I would be pissed. Sorry this happened.

Thank You
Brian

Dear sir,
Thanks for your busines.

Best regards,
HUZTL TEAM

Dear sir,
Thanks for your reply.

Best regards,
HUZTL TEAM

Dear Sir,

Regards,
Huztl

Dear sir,

Best regards,
HUZTL TEAM

• Specifications
    Item NO Z0023
    Weight 4.1300 Kg
    Brand Holzfforma
Brian

Exact same thing happened to me but I ordered 4 sets ☹️ its bs really I wish they'd get there head and a$$ wired together

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Exact same thing happened to me but I ordered 4 sets ☹️ its bs really I wish they'd get there head and a$$ wired together Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Let me ask a question, this is killing me. I swear i do not mean this to be mean and honestly it's not directed at you but at this situation that keeps recurring.

But what did you do about it?

Did you tell paypal?

At some point you guys are going to have to stand up to them and make them do the right thing. the thing they agreed to. sending you what you sent them money for in advance and they are thumbing their nose at you.

Really, in business, in america, before last year, we had a spine. anytime someone sold you something that was not as described, we would speak up and the merchant would make it right. not now, for some reason, people get run over and all they do is whine. they don't say i am holding you to the deal. you guys try to bargin with them rather than hey dude you lied to me. fix this right now. do exactly what you said you would do. I hear from people often they screwed me and later i hear them say i am going to see what i can get out of them. you are reaping what you sow. Greed.

here is the real kicker. they have recently began admitting they made a mistake because there is zero consequences to them. when this happens to you and you do nothing you are being a pu*sy. they recently said our workers made a mistake and screwed you. how about we send you a babble for your trouble. this is unbelievable. they must be hordes of people getting screwed and they are ashamed and not doing diddly squat to help themselves or the next buyer, that the really bad part, you are setting the next guy up to fail.. because if a bunch of people held their feet to the fire with paypal this would stop really fast because it would show a pattern and paypal would stop the flow of money. the chinese are scaring me. i will not longer waste my time reaching out to them because they have learned from thier customers they will willingly take it right up the old wazoo and not do diddly except keep coming back and buying. they don't bother training their workers because their workers are simply scapegoats.

its hard to believe they would write their customer and say our workers messed up sorry charlie and you guys just roll over. dang. do you think they will get mad at you? and not sell you cheap things any more? dang. this is scary.

Thus far my experience with ordering parts from them has been positive.

All the parts I ordered arrived, albeit slowly - I regularly order car parts from the same province that get to me in under 48 hours, yet 8 chainsaw parts took 9 weeks.

I did have to modify a brake cover to fit, but for $6 AUD I wasn't complaining about 10 minutes with a file

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

I'm not trying to pile on here, cause I really like this saw... The pull start assembly destroyed itself today. Was really cold out (20 degrees) and I'm sure that didn't help. I left them two messages on my "account" site referencing the order number. Is this the right way to do it, or is there another place to send a warranty claim?1513452274430-1628761047.jpg

Let me ask a question, this is killing me. I swear i do not mean this to be mean and honestly it's not directed at you but at this situation that keeps recurring.

But what did you do about it?

Did you tell paypal?

At some point you guys are going to have to stand up to them and make them do the right thing. the thing they agreed to. sending you what you sent them money for in advance and they are thumbing their nose at you.

Really, in business, in america, before last year, we had a spine. anytime someone sold you something that was not as described, we would speak up and the merchant would make it right. not now, for some reason, people get run over and all they do is whine. they don't say i am holding you to the deal. you guys try to bargin with them rather than hey dude you lied to me. fix this right now. do exactly what you said you would do. I hear from people often they screwed me and later i hear them say i am going to see what i can get out of them. you are reaping what you sow. Greed.

here is the real kicker. they have recently began admitting they made a mistake because there is zero consequences to them. when this happens to you and you do nothing you are being a pu*sy. they recently said our workers made a mistake and screwed you. how about we send you a babble for your trouble. this is unbelievable. they must be hordes of people getting screwed and they are ashamed and not doing diddly squat to help themselves or the next buyer, that the really bad part, you are setting the next guy up to fail.. because if a bunch of people held their feet to the fire with paypal this would stop really fast because it would show a pattern and paypal would stop the flow of money. the chinese are scaring me. i will not longer waste my time reaching out to them because they have learned from thier customers they will willingly take it right up the old wazoo and not do diddly except keep coming back and buying. they don't bother training their workers because their workers are simply scapegoats.

its hard to believe they would write their customer and say our workers messed up sorry charlie and you guys just roll over. dang. do you think they will get mad at you? and not sell you cheap things any more? dang. this is scary.
Bedford, I just wanted to let you know that Huztl reached out to me after my pull cord assembly came apart. They asked me to outline my entire build and the saws function. I wrote them a very detailed description of all modifications, missing parts, parts replaced with OEM and a review of the saws function and fit and finish. They apologized for the problem with the pull cord assembly and are replacing it (and I ordered one from HL Supply). I am waiting for the response to my detailed letter, but they seemed genuinely interested in my feedback. We will see, but I'm very happy with this saw so far.

Back