FarmerTec Huztl MS660 Updated Build Kit - Build Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The photo I provided shows a tool that does not remove material. Were you confused?

Lot of people don't do more than slap it together and go look what I got. Others take a hard look.

chainsaw kits and packing lists
http://thechainsawkitguy.com
http://YouTube.com/c/the1chainsawguy
Not "confused". Some of these folks may not be as familiar with these things as we are. Don't want him to grab a wire wheel mounted on a drill and go at it. I'm trying to help him. Do we have a problem?

Best general advice is to approach it as a very close to oem saw, requiring a different approach because it's a little different. But in the end it's way good. Fun and man you will know a bunch when you get done. It may takes weeks before it comes together in your mind.

I was just posting in another thread and I said that kit buildersget more hands on experience that some Stihl techs because they don't get to work with many cases. So it's valid experience.

Best general advice is to approach it as a very close to oem saw, requiring a different approach because it's a little different. But in the end it's way good. Fun and man you will know a bunch when you get done. It may takes weeks before it comes together in your mind.

I was just posting in another thread and I said that kit buildersget more hands on experience that some Stihl techs because they don't get to work with many cases. So it's valid experience.

That's a fact! That's what can actually make these kits into GREAT saws. You have the opportunity to touch, set and fettle every piece, rather than it being "banged" together in a factory.

Not "confused". Some of these folks may not be as familiar with these things as we are. Don't want him to grab a wire wheel mounted on a drill and go at it. I'm trying to help him. Do we have a problem?
I don't treat the new people like that until it comes to them not testing their saw. I show them a tool that does not look like a grinder and I don't think they will get confused. If they do then we can make fun of them.. so I guess we will see

I don't treat the new people like that until it comes to them not testing their saw. I show them a tool that does not look like a grinder and I don't think they will get confused. If they do then we can make fun of them.. so I guess we will see

True. But some of these folks don't have a "machining" background or experience with every tool. Just because they have one, or can get one, doesn't mean they know how to use it nor the ramifications of messing up with it... Especially around machined sealing surfaces.... My only point was to be very careful.

Hey guys, Iam new here, been reading up getting ready for my 660 build if it ever gets here. appreciate all the info that has been posted on this kit, should make things go alot smoother.
I have been a auto tech for 20+ so not scared of a little chiansaw, it aint no Cadillac. But I have never been above asking for help if I have needed it. So Iam glad u guys are here helping people out.
I wouldnt mind having a repair manual to read through while iam waiting for my kit if anyone could send me one that would be great. Iam not into making videos but I will post what problems I encounter,
and how long it takes to blow it up. lol I will be running the piss out of it!

I have been reading post from the anti clone crowd, and I have no dog in that fight, I hated watching auto parts go down hill over the years as us companys went under and more lesser quality overseas parts
flowed in. I felt like my work ended up of lesser quality because of the parts, and it made me pissed. nevertheless the world is just different now, and I bought a chinesse saw lol!
I am wondering though in one of atfleetguys videos he shows Husqvarnas anti vibration springs that he said they had in the 90,s and now stihl has the same spring setup. so if true that is a copy. How do you guys feel about that?
This is just the nature of buisness.

I bought one because I cut firewood and I like to tinker and play and for the price I dont care if it grenades. Iam too poor to grenade a 1200 dollar saw. Mike

Hey guys, Iam new here, been reading up getting ready for my 660 build if it ever gets here. appreciate all the info that has been posted on this kit, should make things go alot smoother.
I have been a auto tech for 20+ so not scared of a little chiansaw, it aint no Cadillac. But I have never been above asking for help if I have needed it. So Iam glad u guys are here helping people out.
I wouldnt mind having a repair manual to read through while iam waiting for my kit if anyone could send me one that would be great. Iam not into making videos but I will post what problems I encounter,

I have been reading post from the anti clone crowd, and I have no dog in that fight, I hated watching auto parts go down hill over the years as us companys went under and more lesser quality overseas parts
flowed in. I felt like my work ended up of lesser quality because of the parts, and it made me pissed. nevertheless the world is just different now, and I bought a chinesse saw lol!
I am wondering though in one of atfleetguys videos he shows Husqvarnas anti vibration springs that he said they had in the 90,s and now stihl has the same spring setup. so if true that is a copy. How do you guys feel about that?

I bought one because I cut firewood and I like to tinker and play and for the price I dont care if it grenades. Iam too poor to grenade a 1200 dollar saw. Mike
Welcome to arborist site. I hope you enjoy your kit.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Mornin Mike. Looks like you came to the right spot for "tinkering". Yeah, the design of the anti-vibe system is very similar between the "3" series Husqvarna platform and the Stihls... The question "who was the chicken and who was the egg" might be debatable, but Walt has been working on all kinds of saws for s long time and if he says Husky had it first I don't have any reason to doubt him. Good luck with your build. MG does ALOT of tinkering and moving things around and testing... Bedford has "been there and done that" and is really good with communication with these manufacturers etc... I just build saws for work saws. Breaking a new one in now....

Lol. Now you've more less have spoken my words. And yes on the av springs on the new Stihl saw's completely copying Husqvarna on that. Lol

You must live in big timber country if you need a 660 for firewood. Here in NC, 95 percent of the firewood saws are in the 50 to 60 cc range. I got mine because of CAD (chainsaw addiction disorder) that I acquired when I joined arborist site. I told myself I was going to use it for Milling, so I had to order a mill. I need to stop talking myself into things, but I'm just too easy I guess.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back