FarmerTec Huztl MS660 Updated Build Kit - Build Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bedford T

the1chainsawguy
Reaction score
Its been a year since we started building these kit and we have come along way and FarmerTec have made significant improvements. So newcomers don't have to wade though 160 pages. Lets start from scratch. I will put a link in both to the other so if there is something that need to be found, it will be.

I will kick it off with a build using the new improved MS660 kit. Pictures and build videos. It will fill up quick. The kit i just got is the best they have done yet and i will show you why. I can't start the cylinder until tuesday. But will be ready to go, then.

Here whats in the new kit. take a peak at the cylinder finish

Here is step one of the build. I am going to keep the videos targeted in smaller run times
Case Assembly Step 1

I don't know on the cylinder. I will ask. They have a line of nikasil coming out. They had some they bought for sale on eBay and I bought one should be here first of next week and we will compare too. It's cosmetically really great. The kits really have become very professional. Complete, packaged well.

I got to the point I can complete it. I got quite a bit done will try and finish tomorrow. The ebay Huztl cylinder arrived and it looks exactly like the one in the kit except its pitted. I am going to push this with them and I will report back on it. I waited until the ebay one arrived so i could do it all at once.

On the build I used the cylinder in the kit. My understanding was they were chrome, which is fine, Stihls are chrome. The cylinders were identical, except, the one in the kit was labeled as their normal cylinder just very well prepped, ready to use and I used it. I paid extra for a nikasil cylinder so we will have a prayer meeting on that. I am happy with where I am.

nikasil ebay.JPG nikasil answer.JPG I was speaking of the MS660 cylinders and my only source was what I had read. But I am aware the newer saws are different. They copied the old ones. But anyway here is their take on what an ad means. its happening more and more often on ebay to me not just them. just buyer beware now.

View attachment 602386 View attachment 602387

This one is longer than I wanted. Its takes a while to get the brake handles bases secured. I started voice overs towards the end and will use that here forward for better videos. The process is under way on verifying those cylinders and will advise as that progresses.

This takes care of the brake, HO oiler, flywheel and coil and I was able to engage and release brake when I finished. Everything is 1st class.

But, they just can not deliver the correct brake parts. Wrong long spring, brake band pin missing and lever would not work. I knew this was likely and had an extra Huztl brake kit on hand. Don't understand why they can not get the right parts in the kit but can if you buy the brake assembly separate. Same ole same o in the 440 kit too. I will nag them until they replace it. Several times with the 660. Its a tend.

The kits really have become very professional. Complete, packaged well.

But, they just can not deliver the correct brake parts. Wrong long spring, brake band pin missing and lever would not work. I knew this was likely and had an extra Huztl brake kit on hand. Don't understand why they can not get the right parts in the kit but can if you buy the brake assembly separate. Same ole same o in the 440 kit too. I will nag them until they replace it. Several times with the 660. Its a tend.

??? Which is it?

The floor of the exhaust port looks completely flat, likely to hang a ring.

How is the squishband? Have they resolved the issue with the reverse taper and excessive squish clearance?

img_20170915_031022-jpg.601613

Last build step

step 10

Muffler, wrap handle and if you look at the closing on the video I link over to another video on the pressure /vacuum test.

I just ordered the 660 big bore kit and hope it comes in niksel. Kind of funky I started it today to cut some wood and it was idling very high and I tried to adjust it down. It all at once idled down after turning it all the way down. I turned it back to where it was and the saw will not start. I changed the plug, no help. I squirted some fuel into the carb and it would start on that fuel and then quit. I pulled the carb and cleaned it but it was not dirty at all. Could spray threw everything. I am wondering if maybe one of the crank seals have gone?

Brian

Back