FarmerTec Huztl MS660 Updated Build Kit - Build Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Are the Farmertec chain adjusters any better now? Mine wasn't great from the beginning (2 years ago)...needs replaced now I think.

This is my first post here ever. So i have this saw too and it was going great for a few hours of run time but now it starts and runs fine but as soon as it gets hot and i try do a cut it just suddenly dies after a few seconds onto the cut like the switch just been turned off but i can start it a few seconds later no problem but then it dies again after a bit of load but it doesn't bog down

This is my first post here ever. So i have this saw too and it was going great for a few hours of run time but now it starts and runs fine but as soon as it gets hot and i try do a cut it just suddenly dies after a few seconds onto the cut like the switch just been turned off but i can start it a few seconds later no problem but then it dies again after a bit of load but it doesn't bog down
Have you tested your saw? Pressure/vac

http://thechainsawkitguy.com

https://youtube.com/the1chainsawguy

Seems to be OK in the MS660 I assembled over the holidays.
It helps a lot if the bar holding nuts are loosened properly and one pays attention to what they are doing.

I.E. Since we know it may be a weak link, one should be gentle and not try to force it.

thinking-face_1f914.png

Here is my new saw:

3.jpg

4.jpg

Thank you Bedford T for all the good information you have posted on this forum (and YouTube) regarding building these - it's been a big help.

I like the saw for what I need, and bought a second kit just for the heck of it, when they had it on sale during the holidays.

Are the Farmertec chain adjusters any better now? Mine wasn't great from the beginning (2 years ago)...needs replaced now I think.
Mine seems to be ok. I was told when you install lube it up good and run it end to end a couple times to polish it in. It is installed with a bar, but I have not done any cutting yet.

Like Bedford said, do a vac/pressure test. You do not want to run them lean with a vac leak. It will run hotter and do internal damage. I would use good fuel with synthetic oil. BTW there are a couple videos he posted a couple posts above that show how to do the test.

Looks like the MS660 kit price has gone up to little over $300 now!
I think it has been that way for a while. I picked mine up at a black Friday special for about $200 with free shipping. I am not sure how often they run specials. I don't follow a lot but I thought I seen them for $200 and $100 shipping.

It was $260 when I bought the first one about 2 months ago and on sale during Christmas for $227.50 (both prices with shipping included).

:cool:

Haven't been on this thread about mine in awhile. I can honestly say I don't remember if I ever said that I did a big bore kit on my build, after the initialbuild with the regularp&c. Did it, with a popup piston and base gasket delete. Haven't put it into any wood since doing it, but have ran it through some heat cycles. Just did a comp test on it and she blew 195. Wasn't to easy to get it to do the comp test, without it kicking back at me. That SOB has some resistance to her. Haven't tried starting it without the decomp, since doing the big bore. Was able to run and start it on the original p&c with the decomp port plugged.

Can't wait to see how she is once I get some actual break in running on her. Still haven't been able to get back to a big oak that is down, out at my in-laws, that my 32" b&c probably won't go through the trunk in one cut. It will definitely get its break in with that, once we are able to get to it.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

ok update
after 4 cords and 72 9foot slabs
my all famertech ms660 saw add its first broken parts
is the oil tube crack a the pump and a broken gear
but the rest is all good and order parts from amazon

Those are cheap parts from Stihl :crazy:
You replied before I edited my post... I misread about replacing the parts.

BTW I was wondering how the fuel lines hold up with the new gasoline. I found one place around that sells ethanol free fuel. I been buying my gasoline from them for all my small engines. Not far away and about the same price as premium. Probably better on the carburetor too.

Back