FarmerTec Huztl MS660 Updated Build Kit - Build Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After a little cc threat they sent me a new orange one. I’ll swap over the blue cover.
It was shipped from the in USA, I received it in 3 days.WTF?

Question.

I started my build yesterday and while assembling the cylinder\piston I noticed my squish was .035 using a OEM Stihl gasket. Is this too much squish?

No, if you want more compression take out the gasket and see what you get.
If I’m correct I pulled out the gasket on mine and landed somewhere around 20.

Sorry guys, but why not just buy a bigger saw if you need more power?

MS660 clone has plenty for what I need.

IMG_1.jpg

Im am curious if others who have done a recent 660 build are coming up with spare\extra parts? I am getting worried as I completed my build and have one left over T27 and 2 flat washers

Attachments

• thumbnail.jpg
    thumbnail.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 13
Is this normal? Seems like a lot of excess exhaust soot. I tuned the chainsaw with new 28" bar and chain on it yesterday and this is what it looked like afterwords. Plus damn near all the bar oil leaked out by the morning.

Attachments

• thumbnail.jpg
    thumbnail.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 19
Is this normal? Seems like a lot of excess exhaust soot. I tuned the chainsaw with new 28" bar and chain on it yesterday and this is what it looked like afterwords. Plus damn near all the bar oil leaked out by the morning.

I had that initially when running the saw at the "factory" carburetor settings.
The saw started and ran fine, but had a way too rich fuel to air mixture.

It disappeared after I adjusted the carburetor properly (I used a tach).

MS660 carburetor settings:
Adjusting Carburetor Without Limiter Caps.jpg

Tach.jpg

That looks perfect. The process causes excess and as you tune it you fix it. If you don't know to expect it, it will leave you scratching your head. Just wipe it off and heat cycle the cylinder to break in.

http://thechainsawkitguy.com
https://youtube.com/the1chainsawguy

That's what mine looked like on initial start up until I got it tuned. It will do that if tuned pretty rich. My bar oil didn't leak out. It's leaks very little bar oil.

Sent from my moto g(7) power using Tapatalk

me with all the virus
my saw whas leaking bar oil,it whas the pickup tube whas deffective
so decided to order all rubber parts on amazon
its been order on valentine day and still no words

Not sure if you add to this thread or start my own. I have some running time on my ms660 build. Ran great until today. Maybe an hour of use. Maybe more. It was running good, but noticed the muffler mounting bolts were loose. I retightened, it ran for a bit and died. Thinking I should have refilled the tank after tightening the muffler. I rolled it over to fill it and heard a clink. I took the muffler off and one of the jug bolts was out and one was broken. Ouch.

A few questions, I want to replace all 4 jug bolts. Is there any high quality bolts to look for?? Hardware store quality ok? They look like M6 x 25mm with a 1.25 pitch.

Also do you used loctite on them? If so what kind? A high temp?? On Muffler and jug?

I heard of jug bolts loose on this or the other thread quite a while back. But there are hundreds of pages and the search did not seem to help.

Thanks

Not sure if you add to this thread or start my own. I have some running time on my ms660 build. Ran great until today. Maybe an hour of use. Maybe more. It was running good, but noticed the muffler mounting bolts were loose. I retightened, it ran for a bit and died. Thinking I should have refilled the tank after tightening the muffler. I rolled it over to fill it and heard a clink. I took the muffler off and one of the jug bolts was out and one was broken. Ouch.

A few questions, I want to replace all 4 jug bolts. Is there any high quality bolts to look for?? Hardware store quality ok? They look like M6 x 25mm with a 1.25 pitch.

Also do you used loctite on them? If so what kind? A high temp?? On Muffler and jug?

I heard of jug bolts loose on this or the other thread quite a while back. But there are hundreds of pages and the search did not seem to help.

Thanks
That thread sounds right. Check the base gasket for damage. Locktite is okay..use one that can be removed on the cyl bolts and a high temp on the muffler bolts.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

I use locktite on every bolt I put on and that is any saw. A lot of vibration on saws, so it's just good practice.
I had the cylinder bolts back out on me the first few hours. That is when I started using locktite on everything saw related.
I do not use a base gasket either.

Brian

Question on the loctite... If you put it on the bolts and put it together do you have to wait a while before you run the saw?? For the loctite to set? The instructions do not say. Normally no problem with automotive use. But the saws have a lot more vibrations. I never used the loctite primer.

Back