FarmerTec MS200t Chainsaw Build Thread

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I asked because I thought you already covered the experminting and making mistakes others can learn from. So when i get to it I will post for the others best bit to use. I hate to see folks break screws when they don't have too

That might explain why your handle was crooked or contribute to it. Those small details can make a difference.

I posted in assembling the handle making your threads with the IS screw first, is helpful. And your saying for the Spline screws drilling out the head space is heloful (on the handle.)

Find a solution for the kinked oil hose yet?

This one is kicking my arse.

Powerhead starts easy and runs but no oil to the bar mount.

0f3976d6b939504598f305386acac0a6.jpg

Why do you feel the need to be cryptic in your answers to people's questions when a yes or no will suffice. You're just so cynical or you're just a angry old man. I haven't figured out which LOL

I think he’s a teacher or a college professor.
Btw I bought a 355 while my chink is waiting on parts. For the price it’s pretty impressive. It idles great and is smooth running. Running smooth is a must when you’re in a tree. Just being up there will fatigue you enough.

One solution to a kinking hose is to find a spring with an OD about the size of the hose ID. Slide it into the hose to the area where it kinks. This will keep the hose open and the curvature of the hose at that point will hold it in place.

Exactly what I was thinking of doing.

IIRC the 009, 010, 011 etc. used something inside the hose. It makes a ‘U’ bend from the pump to the bar mount.

I actually tried a length of tie wire but it was too soft. Need a length of music wire. [emoji848]

That’s what my oil line cost also. He’s sending it with my boot.

I wrote it in one of the two threads so people could see it quick

My post to you was not complete. I changed it three times. The oem portion must have got deleted when I was moving stuff around.

I could not get said what I wanted said, it would not let me delete the post I walked away

I saw the problem as you found a issue and only provided partial info. I tried to get you to say what size bit you used to solve your issue and you would not say.

I made this thread and added, I am adding, detailed information on building the saw. Adding as much info as possible.

Sorry, not wasting my time waiting for video to load.

chainsaw kits and packing lists
http://thechainsawkitguy.com
http://YouTube.com/c/the1chainsawguy

Well you don't know what you are talking about. I am not angry. You on the other hand are attacking me in my thread. What are you contributing besides running your mouth.
Why do you feel the need to be cryptic in your answers to people's questions when a yes or no will suffice. You're just so cynical or you're just a angry old man. I haven't figured out which LOL

chainsaw kits and packing lists
http://thechainsawkitguy.com
http://YouTube.com/c/the1chainsawguy

I noticed today that my oil hose folds and shuts off in the way it falls naturally, that means no oil or less oil output which would make you suspect something is wrong with the oiler. The list is growing.

View attachment 678741

Sorry, no video shows up in post #5. Just the kinked shut oil line.

I’ll repeat:
Drill the self taping screw holes in the plastic a tad bit larger than the root diameter of the threads. Work your way up in size until it feels right.

Something that may be a issue with my kit only. But I made a list of screw size and location getting ready for my next step this weekend and I do not have the right screws. First one I notice was the coil asks for 4mx20 and the longest in my kit is 4x16. I called like 5 dealers and no one has that screw so I went to a huge hardware and got a few socket head. I doubt they would break off and would give more bite than a shorter one.

Then I notice m4x18 on the handle no such screw in my kit. I will need to go back and get a handful of different sizes in sock head. Not sure if they sent 4x16 in place. A socket head would be smaller anyway than the t27 in the handle.

Recap: Missing, 2-m5x20 machine thread, 2-P5x20. Washers provided should be spring, 2-m4x20 machine thread, 2-m4x18 machine thread

To cut down on confusion if there is a video it will be in the playlist link near the top.

@Definative Dave had a screw assortment listed at one time

Torx 5mm x 12, 16, 18, 20 & 25 mm long. Ten of each. Package deal. [emoji108]

They are very handy to have on hand.

Anything European design that crosses my bench get some.

I’m out of the 16s and 12s. [emoji848]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back