Farmtec too good to be true?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Farmtec plastic side cover and top cover for ms 180 for a few dollars?!?!

Is this too good to be true? Anyway, I have ordered them and crossing my fingers! I can’t justify 60 dollars for the two from stihl!!

Attachments

• 590AF268-C798-4375-BB41-5C4BD2D29C2A.jpeg
    590AF268-C798-4375-BB41-5C4BD2D29C2A.jpeg
    145.3 KB · Views: 42
That stuff might work . Don't buy engine parts, carbs or coils and stuff that needs to be built precise.
Last year I bought a box of **** from Huztl. The 372 crank seemed OK but when the time came I just couldn't do it. I knew I'd be loaning or selling it and I just couldn't. You get what you pay for. The blow molded air deflector that goes under the starter was warped and covered in flash. How do you **** that up? I've found the bar nuts and decomp plugs to be as reliable as i can get at the hardware store. The intake clamps seem alright but after a couple I went back to OEM.

Last year I bought a box of **** from Huztl. The 372 crank seemed OK but when the time came I just couldn't do it. I knew I'd be loaning or selling it and I just couldn't. You get what you pay for. The blow molded air deflector that goes under the starter was warped and covered in flash. How do you **** that up? I've found the bar nuts and decomp plugs to be as reliable as i can get at the hardware store. The intake clamps seem alright but after a couple I went back to OEM.
Plastic works. Metal not so much.

bought some plastic for a 660 and it was warped so I just got them from dealer.

Back