Fast Tach(tiny tach)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ole Reb

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone that uses the Fast Tach(tiny tach)cordless tach has ever had theirs automatically stopping and resetting?. I was using mine today and every 5 seconds or so it would stop reading the rpm's and go through the settings and then back to zero. This was the first time I have used this one so thought maybe there was something I was doing wrong. I had it right on the air filter cover so it was not far away from the plug. Thanks alot.

Ok, mine did this exact thing. Whats happening is its being held too close to the ignition source and it resets and goes through the settings as you've described. Trying holding it the tach more like 6" from the wire and vary the distance until it just shows RPM's. I thought mine was messed up too from the factory but its honestly a user issue :)

Ole Reb, if you don't mind me asking, who did the port work on your 361 ? Thinking of having mine done in the near future.

its actually a crude way of checking spark.....really weak spark and you can hold the tach right against the plug....saw that has really strong spark you may have to hold the tach 3-4 inches away to keep it from resetting.

Mine did that as well, holding it further away fixed it. When I first got it I could hold it close so now that I have to hold it further away is odd. Not sure what caused the change, I did change the batteries to see if that changes anything and it helped a little.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mine did that as well, holding it further away fixed it. When I first got it I could hold it close so now that I have to hold it further away is odd. Not sure what caused the change, I did change the batteries to see if that changes anything and it helped a little.

That's what really had me scratching my head cause it worked fine at first and just suddenly started acting weird,started thinking I just wasted a bunch of money.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

anyone know if the oppama tach is the same way? or any of the other wireless tachs for that matter

anyone know if the oppama tach is the same way? or any of the other wireless tachs for that matter
My opama likes close to the plug wire...it also seems to recharge or display better after being used for a while.
The batteries are not replaceable and mines about 7 years old.

I bought this on ebay for $25 - by mistake. Decided to keep it, and it's pretty cool actually. Holds the Fast-tach and clips on to the handlebar, leaving your hands free.
View attachment 639738View attachment 639737
I think the idea is good, but you could probably improvise something like this for next to nothing.

I actually have one of those,it is nice and convenient but it seems that it keeps the tach to close for my saws,I tried it yesterday when I was having the issues that I started the topic about.

Latest posts

Back