ArboristSite.com Sponsors

Father’s day

Discussion in 'Off the Topic Forum' started by berrnard, Jun 11, 2019.

1. berrnard

berrnard ArboristSite Operative

My dad was eyeing this when i found it. He even asked me what i wanted for it. Got a new chain, hope he likes the new price.

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lone wolf, philoshop, Sleepy and 7 others like this.
  2. ktmtigger

ktmtigger ArboristSite Member

Very nice

Sent from my E6910 using Tapatalk

3. unclemoustache

unclemoustache My 'stache is bigger than yours.

That'll do! :drinking::rock2:

Natster likes this.
  4. Groundman One

Groundman One Star Gazer

Father's Day must be a challenge for you. You have to remember all those names when you say thank you for the dozens and dozens of cards you receive. :D

5. stihl023/5

stihl023/5 Addicted to ArboristSite

Lol! I know right?
    I have 2 too many

Groundman One likes this.
  6. unclemoustache

Around the dinner table the other week, I was challenged to recite all of their birthdays. I got 8 of them wrong!! Sheesh!

Groundman One, philoshop and Sleepy like this.
  7. ChoppyChoppy

ChoppyChoppy Addicted to ArboristSite

My brother has 3 kids and I can barely remember their names and which is which. Granted I have only seen them a few times. (they live in Maine)
    His youngest I met for the first time about a month ago and he's already 2. I happened to be visiting when his first was born. Seems like it was just a couple years ago, but he turns 7 this fall.
    Birthdays, not a chance. I may have had to look on my license to remember mine and do math to figure my age a few times.

8. philoshop

philoshop Addicted to ArboristSite

For all you Dads out there:

I took my Pop to an auto wrecking yard last month to look for a hubcap for his Ford Ranger. No luck on the hubcap but we had fun just spending a nice afternoon together walking around the junk
    My Dad has Alzheimer's that is progressing far too quickly. We were pretty far back into the "yard" because that's where they put the trucks. On the way out he stood in front of me and said, "Son. There's a very good chance that in the next couple of years I won't remember your name, but I'll never forget who you are and what you mean to me." A love without end, amen!

9. Wood Doctor

Wood Doctor Edwin

I cannot believe how any post could possibly have been more appropriate for this day than this one. My hat's off to Philoshop.

p.s. I really miss my '97 Ford Ranger that served me well for 20 years. (Pic in avatar)

Groundman One and philoshop like this.
  10. philoshop

Thank you, Wood Doctor. And I mean that. I couldn't post that story without tears in my eyes. It just hurts.
    I see my Mom and Dad 2 or 3 times a week, and watching the incremental loss is just heartbreaking. He's only 19 years older than I am. Very scary.

11. unclemoustache

Yeah, that's gotta be hard, especially for your mom. An older man in our church passed away and had some issues. He would be sitting in the living room with his wife and suddenly start teaching her a music lesson!
    There were some pretty funny tales she told about his decline, but a lot of sad ones as well. Just bear with him, knowing that it's not 'him' when he fades away, and don't forget all the good times!

Speaking of which, I had a good time today. St. Louis Museum of Transportation today, and wife's parents and my son in law all made it as well.

IMG_0693.JPG

philoshop likes this.
  12. philoshop

I live close by and visit often, Uncle. When it gets to the point where my Mom can't handle it, I'll sell my house and move in to take care of them. They've been there for me the last 60 years, and it's the least I can do for them.
    My Pop was mostly upbeat at the Father's Day lunch today, but he couldn't eat anything. Morning colonoscopy scheduled. :eek:
    What kind of sadistic health care worker would schedule that for the day after Father's day? What's next, the day after Thanksgiving?

PA. Woodsman likes this.
  13. philoshop

Uncle, you have a whole baseball team there. Are you working on a football team? God bless you my friend.

unclemoustache likes this.