ArboristSite.com Sponsors

Father in law is nearing the end

Discussion in 'Off the Topic Forum' started by PA. Woodsman, Nov 16, 2018.

1. PA. Woodsman

PA. Woodsman Addicted to ArboristSite

Yes, family was always so very important to Pop, he loved it when people were together. We made sure to tell him that all his kids and their spouses were there yesterday, just so he knew it, if that is what he was hanging on for, we wanted to let him know that it is okay to go now....we will miss him immensely but we will be okay.

SeMoTony, Husky Man and grizz55chev like this.
  2. grizz55chev

grizz55chev Addicted to ArboristSite

Think my allergies are kicking in.:(

3. PA. Woodsman

Thank you....

While I have you on the line lol, I have a "police" question and was wondering if you knew the answer to it? And I can hijack this thread since I'm already the "Captain" of it so here goes: Do you know how to find out what kind of sentence a person who was arrested eventually got? We are just curious, the daughter of a woman we used to work with years ago (deceased) was supposedly charged with being in cooperation of receiving a shipment of pot last year, 14 1 pound bags of "high grade" pot and 1,575 pieces of THC laced candy. All 3 people involved were charged with:

2 felony counts of possession with intent to deliver.
    1 single count of conspiracy.
    2 misdemeanor counts of possession of a controlled substance.

We haven't heard anything after that, no one sees her, we just learned of this from the news, but are wondering what happened to her, how much prison time she got if any etc, is there a way that we could follow up on this?

We aren't judging her, everyone makes mistakes but this one we think was a costly one, and are just curious to see what became of it.

4. 1Alpha1

1Alpha1 100% USDA certified abnormality-free.

Depends on who's looking for me.....and why.

You can call the DA's office in the jurisdiction / county that the trial took place in. They may or may not help you. If you were "family" you would stand a better chance.

Sometimes, if you get an understanding DA receptionist / secretary and you explain why you want to know, you might get lucky. Or.....you could call the newspaper in the city, town, or county that it took place in, and ask them. You'll of course need a full name and the time period that it occurred. They can check their records and tell you.

Even if you went to your library and spoke to someone at the help desk, they should be able to access the public records archives. The more information that you can offer, the better the chance you'll find the results.

5. PA. Woodsman

Thanks for the information, we are just curious to see what happened to her, she has a boy about 16 so that would be very tough on him, it really shocked us when we heard about it, she always seemed to have her head on straight but who knows what went on there.

It happened in March and in April a PA. statewide grand jury approved the charges and set bail at $125, 000 which the paper said she didn't post and went to local prison with a preliminary hearing tentatively set for April 17th. We are not law people here at work or ones who thankfully seem to get in hot water but to us those charges sound like it was a pretty serious offense?!

6. 1Alpha1

Yes, drugs can really make a mess out of one's life. That kind of bail suggests to me that she was charged with dealing / trafficking.

When people get forced into a financial corner, they can end up doing some crazy stuff. It's usually because of financial difficulties.

SeMoTony and PA. Woodsman like this.
  7. Slingblade

Slingblade Pure as the driven snow...

Somewhere south of the Mason Dixon Line...
    @PA. Woodsman @Husky Man @RandyMac and anyone else who is facing loss...My mother and best friend passed away two years ago...It was so hard at times I couldn't even breath...After the first year, I started remembering all the wonderful times we shared and I wrote this for her...It helped me deal...Maybe it will help you and others who are grieving...It's called "I Am Not Leaving You"...

Don’t play sad songs
    or shed too many tears,
    don’t hunger for what was…

Stand bravely
    as they carry me out
    for I am weary
    from a life well lived!…

Remember this,
    death brings eternal love
    I am not leaving you…

Be still now!

See me in your child’s smile,
    watch the seasons dancing,
    find peace in twilight’s falling…

Listen to me daughter!

I am the west wind whispering
    I am the east sun rising
    I am not leaving you…
    ©

8. PA. Woodsman

I found an article that was put out after that one back in April, they charged the third person with it in June so they did an update but it said her formal hearing was to be July 24th and that she was released from jail after her preliminary hearing and the judge "agreed to unsecured bail".

Evidently she was to receive this shipment from the other person involved, but Dept. of Homeland Security learned of a suspicious package at the local Fed Ex facility so an undercover agent contacted her and said she had to meet him to pick it up, she denied knowing the person or anything about it but her husband told police that she knew the person and they found out they used to live in the same neighborhood so that shot that theory.

I think you are right, I think the money factor had her blinded to the potential bad things that could and did happen. It's sad, really, I hope she gets her life back on track after this.

SeMoTony likes this.
  9. PA. Woodsman

That is just wonderful, thank you for that! And I am sorry for your loss.....God Bless...

SeMoTony, grizz55chev and Slingblade like this.
  10. 1Alpha1

I know some that are extremely well-off financially. They still end up doing some very stupid things.

One lost his license to practice medicine and the other to practice law.

SeMoTony, Husky Man and PA. Woodsman like this.
  11. PA. Woodsman

Oh I believe that, we are all tempted all the time with bad juju all around us and some unfortunately give in to that temptation!

SeMoTony and Husky Man like this.
  12. 1Alpha1

Yes, in both situations I mentioned, neither was happy enough making the kind of money that they were. Even with that kind of income, they still ran afoul of others, trying to make even more.

SeMoTony, PA. Woodsman and Husky Man like this.
  13. PA. Woodsman

Well I called the "local" newspaper but spoke to someone probably in India as she had no clue what I was asking for! I explained it to her like I was talking to a 2 year old and she said "so if I understand correctly you don't have a subscription but would like to place an advertisement?" to which I said "no, not even close!" and hung up. I called the library and got an intelligent person who DID understand me, looked it up but could only find the articles that are online from the local tv news station but no more. I then looked up our local DA and it says "all requests MUST be in writing" so I guess unless we run into someone that would know her we'd have to do that!

Wow, so much for PUBLIC records lol!!!

SeMoTony and grizz55chev like this.
  14. 1Alpha1

Well, you did what you could. It looks as if the only chance of finding out is from the DA's office.

Got any friends in LE? Or, any friend of a friend who know someone in LE?

SeMoTony and PA. Woodsman like this.
  15. PA. Woodsman

I'll have to ask around I guess, none that immediately come to mind!

16. PA. Woodsman

Went over again last night for a bit, he's still hanging on, just so so sad to see him lying in that hospice bed in their living room, doesn't talk much anymore, sleeps a lot, grimaces and moans at times, eats and drinks very little, just heartbreaking to see a wonderful man have to go through this, but it is in God's hands now, we just pray that he peacefully falls asleep and slips away.

17. grizz55chev

grizz55chev Addicted to ArboristSite

The time is short, keep praying for a peaceful ending. I’m keeping you and yours in my prayers.:heart:

PA. Woodsman likes this.
  18. PA. Woodsman

Thanks so much, much appreciated.....

19. PA. Woodsman

Pop passed away this morning going on 6:45....his wife called us this morning and said "I think he's gone, please call your sister" and hung up. We raced over there and he was gone, passed somewhat peacefully in his sleep and we are thankful for that, this could've gotten so much worse so we are glad his suffering is over now.

And the last thing he did last night when my wife was leaving to come home, he kissed her hand and whispered "I love you" so that is a wonderful memory. He hardly spoke at the end, but would to her, she was his favorite we were told and will always be "daddy's little girl".

Rest now Pop, thanks for everything......

20. Jersey Bob

Jersey Bob ArboristSite Operative

Sorry for your loss.

PA. Woodsman likes this.