Favorite chainsaw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I thought the post was about what my favorite chain saw is.
that to me would be a hard question since I have so many I like.

But if I were to buy a new chain saw today it would be Echo brand. Dealers here for other brands leave a lot to be desired. good husky dealer ship the owner sold to retire and the new owner is a rayal pain to deal with, carries very few parts and the back shop guys only seem to know the zero turns they sell.

Sthil dealer is 30 miles away so not my cup of tea to drive 60 miles to buy a part local.

Echo how ever the dealer is only 11 miles away, gives Veteran discounts to card carrying vets even for parts. Has good back room help also, who fill a new saw with mix and tunes it before it goes out the door.
My first one was a CS 400 probably my most used saw today.
Have ran a Echo 490 a friend bought, thought was a very nice saw.
I would really like a 800P how ever, and some day will own one.

Al

I swear Echo can sit for two years with the dirt and mud on it and start right up on the second pull with the old fuel that was left in it. I have had many of both, being in the Landscaping business, and can tell you Stihl saws will not tolerate it. I'm keeping the Stihl saws I have, because I'm not wanting to spend the money to buy Echo new for that size (440 Mag and 064) but the Stihl yard tools I have will get replaced by Echo when they need. The Echo saws from 3400T, 352 (2) 490 and (2)590, I'm covered, except I think Im going to treat myself to a 271T, becasuse I want a very light saw to walk with. Almost forgot I do have a Stihl 170 with a dime tip to play at carving with, but, eh..... I suck at it.

Back