Favorite Husqvarna Saws??

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pavement99

ArboristSite.com Sponsor
Reaction score
Help me out guys. We are preparing to carry Husqvarna saws at Metro Arborist Supplies (our store in Indy).

Just like Stihl, they have close to 40 current models. What are your favorites? Are there any that haven't panned out for you? I could ask the sales reps, but I'd much rather hear it straight from the users.

Any tips you offer will be put to use. Thanks!

Help me out guys. We are preparing to carry Husqvarna saws at Metro Arborist Supplies (our store in Indy).

Just like Stihl, they have close to 40 current models. What are your favorites? Are there any that haven't panned out for you? I could ask the sales reps, but I'd much rather hear it straight from the users.

The 372, 357, 576, 346, 359, 353, 445, 450.

All solid saws, not sure which ones are going away though.

Well its just me but I would carry more pro-type saws and push them rather than HO grade what ever brand I was selling for the simple fact they are generally put together better and power and will last longer.

Not saying Husky or Stihl makes bad HO saws as a rule but they all cut features to get the price competitive with each other. Pro saws usually have those little extras we all appreciate later when we realize we need them. hth btw my favorites are 372 and 346.

Kansas

Last edited:
just junk saws had 10 all no good tom trees

pffssstt....

I've yet to have a bum Husky.....save for the first few of my 10 or so 335/338's....and even those were made to work.

over the years: 181, 266, 268, 2100 (3), 44, 154, 346 (2), 357, 372 (5), 3120 (2)

just got a 575 for $200....needs rings, will sell it, don't want it...new tech, too heavy

Have 2 372's and a 357 coming from a friend, all woods ported...

Last edited:

If you're targeting the commercial and professional customers, then you probably already have a good idea of what to stock. The 372xpw is the #1 selling pro model in SW Oregon.

The 338 NE seems to be doing well and the tree service here that owns a Husky dealership basically uses more 357s and 359s than any other model. They're also heavy on the 338 + 9 and use the 390xp half-wrap as their flagship line clearance saw. The 395 is purchased here by loggers for a guy stump/carriage saw and by tree services as a groundie saw.

The model they sell the most to homeowners far and wide is the 460 w/20" bar. The 353 is right behind it in homeowner sales w/18" bar. The 240 has been real slow to catch on and they've only sold one 570 in two years (this is a dealership that sells 900+ units a year).

i have ti say that i love my 394xp alot and use it for everything( like a kid in a toy store with a big toy). i also like my 340 and 335xpt saw.

in the current lineup,

346xp NE353,,357xp, and 372XP and XPW

385,390,and 395XPs are all awesome as well.

i'd probably have the 576xp in there as well.

i'd leave any 575s at home unless heavily discounted to move.

just junk saws had 10 all no good tom trees

And in your infinite wisdom you continued to buy them...I'll give a second piece of junk a chance...maybe the first was a lemon....but ten???

Favorite Husky

The tree service I've worked for has all husky's, my favorite was definitely the 372, great saw! The 334 & 338 sucked!

Great - thank you guys!

I appreciate your time and help. Very helpful tips.

We are going with 12 models for now. We'll be carrying a 13th in January when the 576 XP comes out. Here's a listing of the Husqvarna saws we just got in. Let me know if you have any thoughts. We are a Stihl dealer and mainly are teaming with Husky so we can have parts access, but obviously it is an incredibly popular saw too.

372xpg and 346xpg a perfect duo for me :)
I like my 357xpg aswell but it's a between kind of saw ,,,

Latest posts

Back