Favorite object or technique for dropping big logs / trees on a nice lawn

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paolastreeservice

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Obviously rigging solves this problem but sometimes you need to bomb some sections so I’ve been trying different objects / log placements to disperse the impact.

Tires worked well but unless you have a bunch they’re not as convenient

spreading logs out always works but still causes some damage at times

I’ve tried many others but just figured I’d see what some of you like to do and how well it works / efficient they are

Specific log placement seems to help compared to just laying down a few logs. I'm interested in this too, I'm not a fan of making a pile of brush and chunking/bombing into the brush pile. I like to keep everything clean under the tree and makes clean up faster w/out logs mixed in w/ the brush

Obviously rigging solves this problem but sometimes you need to bomb some sections so I’ve been trying different objects / log placements to disperse the impact.

Tires worked well but unless you have a bunch they’re not as convenient

spreading logs out always works but still causes some damage at times

I’ve tried many others but just figured I’d see what some of you like to do and how well it works / efficient they are
Explain why you need to bomb some sections.
Jeff

Explain why you need to bomb some sections.
Jeff
Because if it’s safe and easily done id like to save time. Time is money. I’m not a cheap person but I try to be smart when it comes to timing jobs and making sure I don’t waste money where I don’t need to. If I can save the time and not damage the yard why not?

Because if it’s safe and easily done id like to save time. Time is money. I’m not a cheap person but I try to be smart when it comes to timing jobs and making sure I don’t waste money where I don’t need to. If I can save the time and not damage the yard why not?
So you think you would save time setting up a landing zone to handle dropping big pieces. Setting up and dealing with those takes longer than if you rig everything smaller that can be taken away as soon as is it down,,Good luck,,
Jeff

Latest posts

Back