Favorite Old Tree Finally Fell Down

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Freudianfloyd

Clinically Diagnosed with CAD
Reaction score
This tree stood on the corner of my dad's and my grandpa's property. It was hollow as long as I can remember and when I was a kid, I used to daydream about finding some old timers money hidden inside. I even sat it in when deer hunting to keep out of the cold.

Well last night a big storm came through and the tree just finally gave up. My mom called me first thing to tell me.

So me and a few of my boys decided to go cut it up so my grandpa didnt have to. Plus it was a good chance for my 13 year old to get off the video games and learn how to use a chainsaw.

So here it is with the boys on it for scale.
20200112_173106.jpg
The boy in blue is 4'7" tall (measured him today actually). This tree was pretty big.

And here to show how hollow it was.
20200112_151206.jpg

I was able to talk my mom into keeping the main trunk for the kids to play in, as it is hollow all the way through, and really looks like a cave inside. The rest my 13 year old and I cut up.

This tree was probably 5' across in some spots, but my MS461 and 562XP chewed through it like it was nothing.

Good times.

Back