favorite Spliter

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hautions11

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I know this does not compare to a lot of the big industrial spliters that people post, but this one has servered me very well. It is unique in the fact that it is set up to split both directions. I find it very usefull. The funiest part of this story is the way I came by it. I looked at this tractor used to replace my aging JD 110. The deck needed work, but the tractor ran great. I bought it from a dealer and loaded up the tractor and deck. As I closed the tail gate the sales guy ran out and told me he forgot there was another piece. It turned out ot be this Case spliter that came with the tractor. You can also attach this to a three point and raise and lower the heigth. I have always been on the look out for a three point, but the tow behind arrangement works pretty well.

attachment.php

Last edited:
You left the h off the http: if you want you pic to show in your post. And that is a slick setup. You should have given the salesman some more money.

Nice Case, very cool splitter. Whats the cycle time?

You could probably convert the tractor to a 3pt fairly easily, you allready have the hydraulics and the deck cylinder is probably designed to pull double duty for just this purpose.

Little bit of plannin, lil bit of fab work............:cheers:

Splitter

I haven't measured cycle time. It is actually fairly fast. There is a facory three point for this tractor. You take the wheels off the splitter and it is made to bolt right up.

There is a facory three point for this tractor.

Yeah, most of the garden tractors have the option. What Im saying is you will pay an arm/leg/partial torso for the correct parts.

Since you allready have the pivot points you just need the arms, lift arms and top link.

Shouldnt run much more that $100 while the factory setups go for $250-300 sometimes.

Latest posts

Back