Federal Airtight 264CCL Questions

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does anyone know where I can get a grate frame for a pre 1990 264CCL? I get many parts from Woodman's Parts Plus but they don't have them and said they lost the pattern for it. I am replacing the center grate and the grate frame is pretty warped in the back. I'm afraid that it might be impossible to remove without breaking it. I have had this stove since 1985 and it would be a shame if this part was the end of the stove. The rest of the stove is in really great shape.

Does anyone know where I can get a grate frame for a pre 1990 264CCL? I get many parts from Woodman's Parts Plus but they don't have them and said they lost the pattern for it. I am replacing the center grate and the grate frame is pretty warped in the back. I'm afraid that it might be impossible to remove without breaking it. I have had this stove since 1985 and it would be a shame if this part was the end of the stove. The rest of the stove is in really great shape.

The back or bottom frame?

I just flat out removed mine after not being able to find a replacement, then lined the back with fire brick. Worked out very well for all of last burning season.

https://www.arboristsite.com/commun...reliable-dutchwest-stove.325001/#post-6683609

The back or bottom frame?

I just flat out removed mine after not being able to find a replacement, then lined the back with fire brick. Worked out very well for all of last burning season.

https://www.arboristsite.com/commun...reliable-dutchwest-stove.325001/#post-6683609
The bottom grate frame. The back plate is in good condition. I replaced the right plate and the grate under the cat. I also ordered the center fixed grate but getting the bottom grate frame out so I can install it is the issue. That is the original part that came in the stove in 1985. If I can't find one I might just not replace the fixed grate and get a cast iron coal grate to cover the opening. If I can find one the right size.

The back frame can be replaced with a sheet of 1/4" thick plate steel that a welding shop can supply for you. It removes and installs rather easily with a pair of bolts. I'm not sure about the center grate. Likely that will take some machining.

The back frame can be replaced with a sheet of 1/4" thick plate steel that a welding shop can supply for you. It removes and installs rather easily with a pair of bolts. I'm not sure about the center grate. Likely that will take some machining.
Yeah it's the piece that surrounds the grates on the floor. That would be hard to make. The back plate and side plates are still available at woodman's Parts Plus.com. Last year I used the front piece of the coal kit to cover where the fixed grate was. It worked good but I want a more permanent solution.

I will say the OEM parts are now very expensive though. I love this stove. With the blower attached I have heated my 2116 sq ft. home since 1985 with it. I have looked at the new stoves and haven't found one I would want to replace it with yet.

The bottom grate frame. The back plate is in good condition. I replaced the right plate and the grate under the cat. I also ordered the center fixed grate but getting the bottom grate frame out so I can install it is the issue. That is the original part that came in the stove in 1985. If I can't find one I might just not replace the fixed grate and get a cast iron coal grate to cover the opening. If I can find one the right size.
I purchased this https://www.etundra.com/restaurant-...rcial-8-inch-by-15-inch-cast-iron-coal-grate/. It fits perfectly over the holes in the bottom grate. I have been using it for a few weeks now and it works great.

Back