ArboristSite.com Sponsors
Traverse Creek Inc

Fedex is a Pathetic Carrier

Swogg

Swogg

ArboristSite Member
I live in a rural area. Limestone gravel roads. My house is 350 yards from the road. My private road/lane is very well maintained gravel.
My mailman is great.
UPS, DHL, Speedy, etc pretty good. They make mistakes like I do, but they try.
Never had many problems with deliveries or pickups except FedEx.
Sometimes they get my package in the vicinity of my house. On rare occasion on my porch. Many times in the middle of the steps so we can trip on them.
The last five to six years have been getting worse.
What's really aggravating is that nobody at FedEx cares about their junk service IMO.
Nine days ago I received a new 562XP chainsaw and saw parts valued about $1,000.
Even though I'm signed up everything FedEx, email, phone number etc., they didn't let me know my package was delivered in three inches of snow in the county road right of way.
Luckily I walked to my mailbox at the end of my lane to see if I had any mail so I found my saw and parts. Lugged them into the 20 mph north wind in single digits.
Got back to my house way upset as this is becoming a very common practice. I'm concerned about liability if it's stolen. I'm sure FedEx will make it right. Right?
It was late in the day when I called the local facility in Quincy illinois and reamed a guy that wasn't a manager and didn't deserve my rath. To him I apologise. Sure would be nice if somebody at FedEx would apologise to me for everything they have put me through!!!!!!
Apologies are not in their DNA!
I should have saved it for somebody else, but at no time did I make any threats. Just vented years of FedEx frusteration.
Four days later, a woman called from the local office. Actually I had mostly forgot about things and was quite calm until I listened to her hard time mouth. I've spoken with her in the past. She hasn't changed a bit. She is another FedEx " problem ".
This week a guy named Andrew .... from FedEx security called and wanted to know if I was going to shoot or physically harm his under payed and mistreated ground drivers. Or yell at them. That's the truth. Paraphrasing, but his words, not mine. He talked for about ten minutes how bad FedEx treats the ground drivers. Bad pay and benefits with high turnover. As in I shouldn't expect much from them. Especially when compared to UPS drivers that are well paid with good benefits. I'm not making this up. I told him if it's that bad, FedEx needs to solve their problems and quit making my life miserable. He said a fix probably would not happen in his lifetime.
Well, Andrew is right. Don't expect too much from them.
He said someone reported that I made a threat against FedEx. He was very vague and ambiguous. But that's garbage. Said he had to " feel me out ". I talked to him for 58 minutes and six seconds. What a waste of my time.
FedEx has had $800 worth of my saw parts on one of their trucks for the last two days and they won't deliver them.
Im just suffering from their incompetence business wise I can't imagine if it was medicine, or baby formula, or other very important items that FedEx mishandles.
Today they dropped off another package. This from Sam's club. Same place. 18" from vehicle traffic and a foot from the road ditch.
My wife and I are late sixties, so exiting our lane by herself, my wife tries to retrieve the package and slipped in the snow and into the road ditch injuring herself. Argh!
In the last nine days I have spoken with at least 12 Fedex customer service people. One! One young woman apologized for the poor service. The others are neutral to rude. No apologies. No solutions. I've talked to numerous problems, I can't find a solution to speak with. I don't believe a solution exists at FedEx. That's my honest opinion.
One upper management woman told me my road/lane is dirt, and the road her driver's are on is blacktop. She knows better than me. Now there's a problem solver!
This is the very tip of the tip of the FedEx nightmare. I'm tired of typing.
Ill leave it that after my numerous contacts with FedEx customer support service, IMO they have a chronic, systemic, anti customer, low care of quality and service attitude.
I didn't want to make this post.
I hoped I could work it out somehow. Get them to at least put my packages on my property off the county right of way. I'm really sorry to say I feel the whole outfit is rotten to the core. Nobody cares at all! Period!
I'm a dinasouar of the past when people were expected/demanded to do a good job. And if not, there was accountability and consequences for poor work. Sadly, I feel those days are gone in many ways. IMO for sure with FedEx. What a sad organization IMO!
I wonder what their mission statement is?
Stick to everybody?
For those FedEx employees that do care and try to do a good job, I tip my hat to you because I'm sure you are out there in numbers. I wish some of you were in the Quincy illinois facility so this old man could have some peace.

Ronaldo

Ronaldo

Addicted to ArboristSite
Our Fed Ex service here in Iowa is also quite pathetic. It seems that a skiff of snow or a little rain, maybe even some clouds in the sky will end up with a service alert from Fed Ex. They claim conditions made the package undeliverable. It doesn't bother UPS or us postal.

Sent from my SM-G930VL using Tapatalk

stihlaficionado

stihlaficionado

God of ArboristSite
Worst carrier by far imo is USPS , usually late & banged up quite a bit.

One issue in 14 years with FedEx & that was the senders fault as he did not take the old scannable barcode off the box & the saw went back to the dealer, lol.

You can request to have the box sent to a local Fed Ex store for pick-up

Swogg

Swogg

ArboristSite Member
I pay a ton of money for residential delivery. Any reason I want to make a 55 mile round trip to a FedEx facility because they don't/ won't do their job?
Three four trips a week times 55 miles and an hour and a half of my time for each trip,
Gotta be logical.
But I'm glad FedEx is great for some. Cause it stinks in Quincy illinois

50blues

50blues

ArboristSite Operative
I usually get the on the truck for delivery, then later, no attempt made at least 3 times before I actually get the package. If I am ordering something, I will look to see what shipping company they use. I will pay more for one that uses ups.

1Alpha1

1Alpha1

100% USDA certified abnormality-free.
Sorry to hear of your experiences with Fed-Ex. I can't say that I know how you feel, cause we've had some minor issues with them, but nothing close compared to what you have.

Hope it gets better for you, somehow, someway. In these days, the last thing ya need to deal with is poor delivery service.

Swogg

Swogg

ArboristSite Member
Also something that expensive should have required a signature.
I've had a ton of signature required packages delivered by FedEx. They never require me to sign. My guess is my dealer had it on the 562XP.
I have no idea how they get away with that. But from my experience with them, they have an angle.
Last CS woman I talked to said the driver is only required to deliver " at " address.
My guess is they haven't figured out I don't own the road and USPS is a Federal agency. Unlike them.
Today's driver noted " delivered at door, porch ". Close. Off by about 350 yards and twelve steps.
I think they really hate the steps. Lotta work for a twenty or thirty something.
But what's a lie here and there?

Swogg

Swogg

ArboristSite Member
Sorry to hear of your experiences with Fed-Ex. I can't say that I know how you feel, cause we've had some minor issues with them, but nothing close compared to what you have.

Hope it gets better for you, somehow, someway. In these days, the last thing ya need to deal with is poor delivery service.
I appreciate that. It wears after awhile.
Sure be nice to get my parts.
272XP. 268XP. MS361 and their owners would probably appreciate it too.

esshup

esshup

Addicted to ArboristSite
FedEx Home Delivery here sucks. Regular FedEx is fine.

I had the same problem as the OP, except it was Six 40# bags of floating fish food that was dumped at the road without being in any plastic bags, when we were getting 3/4" rain....

I called the Fed Ex hub and said I refused delivery because the material was damaged. I had to fill out a form, the company that I bought it from called and had me explain what happened so they could put in a claim and it was re-shipped, this time it was delivered to the side porch (50' off the road on a 14' wide gravel drive) and I talked to the driver. He said he wasn't the driver that delivered it before and he would make a note and give it to the route manager. Ever since then (that was October) the deliveries have been just like UPS.

Husky Man

Husky Man

Addicted to ArboristSite
I live in a rural area. Limestone gravel roads. My house is 350 yards from the road. My private road/lane is very well maintained gravel.
My mailman is great.
UPS, DHL, Speedy, etc pretty good. They make mistakes like I do, but they try.
Never had many problems with deliveries or pickups except FedEx.
Sometimes they get my package in the vicinity of my house. On rare occasion on my porch. Many times in the middle of the steps so we can trip on them.
The last five to six years have been getting worse.
What's really aggravating is that nobody at FedEx cares about their junk service IMO.
Nine days ago I received a new 562XP chainsaw and saw parts valued about $1,000.
Even though I'm signed up everything FedEx, email, phone number etc., they didn't let me know my package was delivered in three inches of snow in the county road right of way.
Luckily I walked to my mailbox at the end of my lane to see if I had any mail so I found my saw and parts. Lugged them into the 20 mph north wind in single digits.
Got back to my house way upset as this is becoming a very common practice. I'm concerned about liability if it's stolen. I'm sure FedEx will make it right. Right?
It was late in the day when I called the local facility in Quincy illinois and reamed a guy that wasn't a manager and didn't deserve my rath. To him I apologise.
I should have saved it for somebody else, but at no time did I make any threats. Just vented years of FedEx frusteration.
Four days later, a woman called from the local office. Actually I had mostly forgot about things and was quite calm until I listened to her hard time mouth. I've spoken with her in the past. She hasn't changed a bit. She is another FedEx " problem ".
This week a guy named Andrew .... from FedEx security called and wanted to know if I was going to shoot or physically harm his under payed and mistreated ground drivers. Or yell at them. That's the truth. Paraphrasing, but his words, not mine. He talked for about ten minutes how bad FedEx treats the ground drivers. Bad pay and benefits with high turnover. As in I shouldn't expect much from them. Especially when compared to UPS drivers that are well paid with good benefits. I'm not making this up. I told him if it's that bad, FedEx needs to solve their problems and quit making my life miserable. He said a fix probably would not happen in his lifetime.
Well, Andrew is right. Don't expect too much from them.
He said someone reported that I made a threat against FedEx. He was very vague and ambiguous. But that's garbage. Said he had to " feel me out ". I talked to him for 58 minutes and six seconds. What a waste of my time.
FedEx has had $800 worth of my saw parts on one of their trucks for the last two days and they won't deliver them.
Im just suffering from their incompetence business wise I can't imagine if it was medicine, or baby formula, or other very important items that FedEx mishandles.
Today they dropped off another package. This from Sam's club. Same place. 18" from vehicle traffic and a foot from the road ditch.
My wife and I are late sixties, so exiting our lane by herself, my wife tries to retrieve the package and slipped in the snow and into the road ditch injuring herself. Argh!
In the last nine days I have spoken with at least 12 Fedex customer service people. One! One young woman apologized for the poor service. The others are neutral to rude. No apologies. No solutions. I've talked to numerous problems, I can't find a solution to speak with. I don't believe a solution exists at FedEx. That's my honest opinion.
One upper management woman told me my road/lane is dirt, and the road her driver's are on is blacktop. She knows better than me. Now there's a problem solver!
This is the very tip of the tip of the FedEx nightmare. I'm tired of typing.
Ill leave it that after my numerous contacts with FedEx customer support service, IMO they have a chronic, systemic, anti customer, low care of quality and service attitude.
I didn't want to make this post.
I hoped I could work it out somehow. Get them to at least put my packages on my property off the county right of way. I'm really sorry to say I feel the whole outfit is rotten to the core. Nobody cares at all! Period!
I'm a dinasouar of the past when people were expected/demanded to do a good job. And if not, there was accountability and consequences for poor work. Sadly, I feel those days are gone in many ways. IMO for sure with FedEx. What a sad organization IMO!
I wonder what their mission statement is?
Stick to everybody?
For those FedEx employees that do care and try to do a good job, I tip my hat to you because I'm sure you are out there in numbers. I wish some of you were in the Quincy illinois facility so this old man could have some peace.

I Totally understand your pain, FedEx is without a doubt, by Far The WORST of the Package Carriers

I have a package coming FedEx, that is already over a week late, tracking showed it on FedEx Vehicle for delivery today, FINALLY, Never Mind, no delivery attempt made, back at the Troutdale facility, rescheduled for delivery TUESDAY. I guess that they are seriously trying for 3 weeks in transit

I have had saws sit for 4 and 6 Days at Troutdale, 30 miles from my house, No Delivery Attempt Made

I bought a new Jeep Wrangler, my Credit Union is on the other side of the country, in North Carolina, they sent the documents FedEx Next Day Air, 3 Days later, I had to pick up the package at the FedEx Air Facility myself, I was beyond Pissed by the time I got my package

I completely agree that the FedEx employees that I have dealt with, couldn’t care Less about Customer Service

Unfortunately, they are consistent in their Poor service

Doug

Husky Man

Husky Man

Addicted to ArboristSite
Worst carrier by far imo is USPS , usually late & banged up quite a bit.

One issue in 14 years with FedEx & that was the senders fault as he did not take the old scannable barcode off the box & the saw went back to the dealer, lol.

You can request to have the box sent to a local Fed Ex store for pick-up

In my experience, in my area, USPS is the Best, Best in transit times, least damage, FedEx is the Worst on all counts, with UPS in the middle, but still a major improvement over FedEx

Doug

stihl sawing

stihl sawing

MAD DOG
Fed x is a horrible carrier here, they never and i mean NEVER deliver when they say and most times they don't even send you an e mail saying when it will be delivered. I have had them bring a package close to me and then take it back out of state and bring it back. one time they brought it here and took it out three times. i seen one just the other day deliver a box to a guy behind me that has a fence. he just threw it over the fence. if it was breakable i guarantee you it broke. it was heavy too. made a loud thud when it hit the ground. I stopped using a couple online vendors cause they use them. Yep..Fed x sucks.

gary courtney

gary courtney

eeny meeny miny moe
Fed-X has been the best for me in my area. USPS took from Dec.12 until mid Jan. to deliver a saw to Delaware. No tracking info whatsoever and when I filed a claim it miraculously showed up the next day!

Swogg

Swogg

ArboristSite Member
I appreciate that. It wears after awhile.
Sure be nice to get my parts.
272XP. 268XP. MS361 and their owners would probably appreciate it too.
Just received an email update from FedEx about my parts.
They have had them since Thursday.
Were on a truck " out for delivery " Friday.
Now the email says " delivery exception ". " future delivery requested ". Scheduled delivery Tuesday.
I'm not real smart for sure, but it sounds like I've been " cancelled "!
No words to describe this ignorance or what a sorry pathetic business FedEx truly is.
To illustrate how dumb I really am, I originally thought it was a local facility problem.
However, after my conversation with Andrew the security guy, and a few calls to customer service, I'm becoming convinced it is corporate wide.
When I call customer service, and the first words out of the reps mouth are to shield and protect the driver, any driver, before even knowing the circumstances, I believe they have a huge problem.
I wish I could select my carrier everytime I make an online purchase.
I would " cancel " FedEx out of my life.

Swogg

Swogg

ArboristSite Member
Fed-X has been the best for me in my area. USPS took from Dec.12 until mid Jan. to deliver a saw to Delaware. No tracking info whatsoever and when I filed a claim it miraculously showed up the next day!
That's two at a boys for FedEx.
Do you live in the city or a rural address? Makes a big difference.
Everybody that has received a package in the last year knows that USPS has problems. Among many of them, the biggest problem is they are a government agency. I haven't seen many things the government doesn't mess up.
My local USPS facility and people are great and do a fantastic job. It's the people within the system that cause shipping problems. Mostly at routing/sorting centers.

lone wolf

lone wolf

MS 200T King
Just received an email update from FedEx about my parts.
They have had them since Thursday.
Were on a truck " out for delivery " Friday.
Now the email says " delivery exception ". " future delivery requested ". Scheduled delivery Tuesday.
I'm not real smart for sure, but it sounds like I've been " cancelled "!
No words to describe this ignorance or what a sorry pathetic business FedEx truly is.
To illustrate how dumb I really am, I originally thought it was a local facility problem.
However, after my conversation with Andrew the security guy, and a few calls to customer service, I'm becoming convinced it is corporate wide.
When I call customer service, and the first words out of the reps mouth are to shield and protect the driver, any driver, before even knowing the circumstances, I believe they have a huge problem.
I wish I could select my carrier everytime I make an online purchase.
I would " cancel " FedEx out of my life.
I had the liars tell me my package was delivered and it most definitely was not!