ArboristSite.com Sponsors

Fedex is a Pathetic Carrier

Swogg

ArboristSite Member
I had the liars tell me my package was delivered and it most definitely was not!
They deliver other people's packages to me a fair amount.
But I'm honest. I call them so their star drivers can pick them up and deliver to the proper address.
I always thought that was part of living in a civil society.
I don't believe there is anything " civil " about FedEx.
Might be where your packages are.
Never get them to admit it for sure.

Swogg

ArboristSite Member
I had the liars tell me my package was delivered and it most definitely was not!
But I'm honest. I call them so their star drivers can pick them up and deliver to the proper address.

Swogg

ArboristSite Member

Swogg

ArboristSite Member

stihl sawing

stihl sawing

MAD DOG
This happened just a couple months ago, A fedx driver pulled in my yard and i went out to see what he had, i was expecting a package but thought it was coming UPS. anyway he handed me two packages and quickly he got in the seat and started to take off. i hollered at him after i looked at the label. said this is not mine. it wasn't my address not even my city. he didn't say a word just took it and THREW it in the back of the truck. yep Fed X sucks

Marine-piper

Marine-piper

Homelite collector in training.☠
Also something that expensive should have required a signature.
Not defending FedEx but since covid hit we're not required to get signatures from customers at this time. Most of my customers don't let us in anymore they open our door take their freight and I leave a copy of the BOL on the end of trailer for them. An even more ridiculous FedEx story happened a few yrs back when the driver left several boxes at a customers dock and left, the receiver started to open them when he noticed a strange shaped box so he opened it and found a S&W AR-15 Smith and Wesson is on the other end of the street.
They called them and a crew of security officers arrived and took custody of the firearm. Nothing happened to the driver who was a friend of mine and he laughed it off.

Homelite enthusiast in training.

Swogg

ArboristSite Member
Not defending FedEx but since covid hit we're not required to get signatures from customers at this time. Most of my customers don't let us in anymore they open our door take their freight and I leave a copy of the BOL on the end of trailer for them. An even more ridiculous FedEx story happened a few yrs back when the driver left several boxes at a customers dock and left, the receiver started to open them when he noticed a strange shaped box so he opened it and found a S&W AR-15 Smith and Wesson is on the other end of the street.
They called them and a crew of security officers arrived and took custody of the firearm. Nothing happened to the driver who was a friend of mine and he laughed it off.

Don't let you in? As you are delivering to a residence/business?
I can't get FedEx within 350 yards of my house.
Package goes out the door in road ROW!

SS396driver

SS396driver

To much wood
My regular fedx and ups drivers are great. When something goes wrong it usually a fill in driver. They put my packages on my porch and if it’s raining they are sealed in plastic . USPS is getting better have a new driver and things get delivered now used to always get the pink slip saying the package was at the post office. The old delivery guy was just that old. Was just coasting along till retirement

Swogg

ArboristSite Member
My regular fedx and ups drivers are great. When something goes wrong it usually a fill in driver. They put my packages on my porch and if it’s raining they are sealed in plastic . USPS is getting better have a new driver and things get delivered now used to always get the pink slip saying the package was at the post office. The old delivery guy was just that old. Was just coasting along till retirement
I'm really glad things are good for you. I'm serious. Life is good.
I have a regular everything, except FedEx. I can get five packages in a week from FedEx and literally have five different drivers.
Reason given to me for that is the high turnover among " ground " drivers because FedEx doesn't pay them well and they have bad benefits.
That's direct from a FedEx management member.
Acknowledgement of a chronic, systemic problem.
Very hard to hold five or ten drivers accountable like it is one.
And they ( the drivers ) know it.
Good luck.

Goinwheelin

Goinwheelin

Vintage Chainsaw Hipster
I've had a ton of signature required packages delivered by FedEx. They never require me to sign. My guess is my dealer had it on the 562XP.
I have no idea how they get away with that. But from my experience with them, they have an angle.
Last CS woman I talked to said the driver is only required to deliver " at " address.
My guess is they haven't figured out I don't own the road and USPS is a Federal agency. Unlike them.
Today's driver noted " delivered at door, porch ". Close. Off by about 350 yards and twelve steps.
I think they really hate the steps. Lotta work for a twenty or thirty something.
But what's a lie here and there?
Not defending FedEx, but maybe a bigger mailbox or drop box at the county road will alleviate the issue? I see them all the time in rural areas around here, especially as you get closer to the foothills. But then again I doubt they would even know how to use it based on what you’ve said here :laugh:

Swogg

ArboristSite Member
Not defending FedEx, but maybe a bigger mailbox or drop box at the county road will alleviate the issue? I see them all the time in rural areas around here, especially as you get closer to the foothills. But then again I doubt they would even know how to use it based on what you’ve said here :laugh:
Not an unreasonable issue to raise. Having said that, I have not seen such a thing in my county or local vicinity. It would make me special I guess.
It presents a few problems.
I would need to put it on my property. Not on the road ROW.
Because of geographics it would be 75 feet or so off the road, so the driver would need to pull into my lane, ot carry packages to it.
Already I'm in the nada zone.
Also there is the theft issue.
I'm not sinacal, but I've had things stolen from around the house.
Fedex would need to alert me immediately of a delivery which is asking alot from them.
Putting all that aside, with few exceptions, they have always put my packages in the proximity of my house. Within 100 feet.
Now for some reason the packages are dumped on the road.
Every parcel carrier puts packages on my porch except FedEx.
IMO what it amounts to is the extra 2 1/2 - 3 minutes it takes to drive down my lane and back to the road.
They don't want to do it. And it's apparent the FedEx management actually enables them to get away with junk service by never issuing any discipline. Simply put, nobody cares.
What they are doing to me amounts to someone that lived in town, or a city, and FedEx would putt the package in the street by the curb because the driver didn't want to walk to the porch.
Fedex and UPS are both too large and powerful anyway. If either of those two, or worse yet both decided to " cancel " someone, you can pretty much say goodbye to online shopping.
Save the seller uses USPS.
The fewer options we have for anything encourages neglect and abuse IMO. And it's apparent in this case.
Still doesn't change the fact that the Quincy illinois FedEx facility is pathetically staffed and or managed. IMO

Swogg

ArboristSite Member
Fedex is the worst delivery service. Here is a video of a driver delivering my Ipad to the trash bag
View attachment 891049
That is very very similar to what they do to me. Only my packages are on the ROW. Yours might be too.
At least you knew it was there before somebody drove down the road and swiped it.
I think it's a good vid.
Looks like the guy could use a little exercise and get it to your porch.

Swogg

ArboristSite Member
Since a picture is sometimes worth a thousand words, I did a couple pic renactments.
Boxes are where FedEx drivers placed them. The saw box with new 562XP and new OEM saw parts was delivered ten days ago. Thursday the 11th. It was inside a thin plastic bag. I could read Husqvarna through the bag. This is what started my recent grief with FedEx. I found that by accident because I walked to the mailbox just before dark. No notification from FedEx.
I have no idea how long it was there.
Pic clearly shows box on road right of way about 18" from tire tracks on road.
Sam's Club box was delivered Saturday. Yesterday. No plastic bag. Just a wet box. This is where my wife hurt herself when she slipped into the ditch inches away.
The pic of the mailbox and my foot illustrates the proximity to the road ditch and how deep it is. My property line is about eight to ten feet toward the house. The others is county and or township right of way. Pretty expensive littering!
Lastly is a pic of my lane with house in the background.
The blue hopper is a four yard trash hopper. Allied Waste dumps it every month with their full twin plus tag. A huge truck. They never miss a lick.
Also is a pic from the road where my mailbox is, looking directly toward my house.
BTW. When saw was delivered, we had about an inch of snow. Two inches of snow max. I walked to the mailbox in athletic shoes.
If this is acceptable delivery service, then I'm living in a different world.
Delivery guy note on website said he delivered Sam's Club box at door/porch! The saw I don't know what he claimed. Should say " on public roadway "!
After five years of this garbage, a guy would never get upset and chew somebody out! Right?
I paid a lot of money for this junk delivery service.
Come on FedEx Quincy. Do you have no pride in your pathetic work?

Attachments

• IMG_20210221_131409360.jpg
    IMG_20210221_131409360.jpg
    971.6 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_20210221_131533551.jpg
    IMG_20210221_131533551.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 23
  • IMG_20210221_131604714.jpg
    IMG_20210221_131604714.jpg
    1,006.1 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_20210221_131433040.jpg
    IMG_20210221_131433040.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 19
  • IMG_20210221_131755478.jpg
    IMG_20210221_131755478.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 24
Marine-piper

Marine-piper

Homelite collector in training.☠
Don't let you in? As you are delivering to a residence/business?
I can't get FedEx within 350 yards of my house.
Package goes out the door in road ROW!
Both, our company has stopped inside delivery to residential customers and the businesses don't allow us in. I'm an LTL tractor trailer driver not package delivery driver.

Swogg

ArboristSite Member
Both, our company has stopped inside delivery to residential customers and the businesses don't allow us in. I'm an LTL tractor trailer driver not package delivery driver.

I don't mean inside a residence. To the front door/porch of a residence. For crying out loud I've never had a delivery person come inside my house. Why?
I just told my experience with them. I spend $450 a month with them.
I'm glad your facility works. Maybe all that money you pay them buys you some love.
If you ever sell your 500, you should have no problem shipping with FedEx to a rural address.
Just the thought scares me.
Good luck. You can tell all the FedEx success stories you want IMO.
Doesn't change the pathetic service from FedEx Quincy illinois!