ArboristSite.com Sponsors

Fedex is a Pathetic Carrier

OddSawz

Odd
My rural FedEx packages usually make it without issue. If I shipped a saw and the recipient tells me it was dropped off this way, I’ll be filing a claim.

All you have to do is post a few of these pics on Twitter and you’ll get it sorted

Swogg

ArboristSite Member
My rural FedEx packages usually make it without issue. If I shipped a saw and the recipient tells me it was dropped off this way, I’ll be filing a claim.

All you have to do is post a few of these pics on Twitter and you’ll get it sorted
Seems like an honest post.
I've dealt with FedEx 8-10 hours over the last ten days because of the 562XP plus parts delivery.
I am a reasonable and logical man. My problem is I can find no one. Period. No one at FedEx that cares about anything but lecturing me about taking care of their drivers.
Don't know if you've read the entire thread. I've got some security nut asking me if I'm going to shoot a driver. Or whoop up on one. Or yell at one. I've done nothing to be treated the way I have by FedEx.
Personally I would not ship a box of rocks with the jerks.
If I could find other source shippers from sellers, FedEx would be out of my life permanently!
I could go on for a long time, so I'll stop.
There is no righteousness at FedEx. Not that I can find. Just a hard time.
Twitter? Really.
Thanks for your advice.

Swogg

ArboristSite Member
I guess some snowflake at FedEx Quincy got his/her feelings hurt because I yelled at him/her over the saw issue.
He could have hung up on me.
I'm a peaceful man. No history of violence period! Late 60's. But I have to listen to Andrew the security expert question my integrity?
If five years of pathetic delivery service didn't irritate me to no end, talk to that character for an hour and you will really be tweaked!
It's not right the way FedEx has treated me. But I'm a realist. Some things in this world, like FedEx, just are not fair or right! I accept it.
Dealing with it is tough because I must deal with them if I want to make online purchases.
It would be nice if the dead beats would deliver my saw parts they've had for three days so I can do my business!

Swogg

ArboristSite Member
About 20 minutes ago my box of saw parts was delivered to me by FedEx to my porch and the box was actually placed on the chairs I have positioned under the roof overhang. After four days of FedEx Quincy illinois possession, now they are in my possession.
I cannot remember the last time FedEx put a package on my porch.
Truly an incredible act. I have absolutely no idea how long, if ever, that FedEx placed the package on the chairs under the overhang so it will stay dry during inclimate weather.
Having said that, I know of at least two other packages Quincy illinois FedEx should deliver to me this week, so I will see what transpires.
I believe in the power of God and prayers answered. I also believe God works through people.
My oppinion, and I emphasis oppinion, is that likely someone on Arborist Site, or someone using the Arborist site platform, in some way helped me.
Beyond a doubt, Arborist Site helped me by giving me a free and fair platform in order for me to voice my oppinion without being cancelled or intimidated. For that I am thankful to the owner (s) /operator ( s ) of Arborist Site. So thank you very much.
For all you who have supported me during this somewhat uncomfortable stressful time, I say thanks.
And if there is someone out there that went the extra mile to help me, you know who you are, you have my sincere expression of gratitude.
My hope is that today's proper delivery is not a one off fluke, and residential delivery continues.
Thanks to all including AS for upholding my right to free speech and expression.
Now I have three saws to put together. That's great.

1Alpha1

100% USDA certified abnormality-free.
When we have a package delivered, no matter who delivers it, they don't knock on the door or ring the doorbell. Not sure why they don't do that anymore.

A couple of months ago, we had a package delivered, and the carrier left it in front of one of the garage doors. I suppose he or she felt an extra 20 steps or so to the front door was out of the question. :mad:

1Alpha1

100% USDA certified abnormality-free.
About 20 minutes ago my box of saw parts was delivered to me by FedEx to my porch and the box was actually placed on the chairs I have positioned under the roof overhang. After four days of FedEx Quincy illinois possession, now they are in my possession.
I cannot remember the last time FedEx put a package on my porch.
Truly an incredible act. I have absolutely no idea how long, if ever, that FedEx placed the package on the chairs under the overhang so it will stay dry during inclimate weather.
Having said that, I know of at least two other packages Quincy illinois FedEx should deliver to me this week, so I will see what transpires.
I believe in the power of God and prayers answered. I also believe God works through people.
My oppinion, and I emphasis oppinion, is that likely someone on Arborist Site, or someone using the Arborist site platform, in some way helped me.
Beyond a doubt, Arborist Site helped me by giving me a free and fair platform in order for me to voice my oppinion without being cancelled or intimidated. For that I am thankful to the owner (s) /operator ( s ) of Arborist Site. So thank you very much.
For all you who have supported me during this somewhat uncomfortable stressful time, I say thanks.
And if there is someone out there that went the extra mile to help me, you know who you are, you have my sincere expression of gratitude.
My hope is that today's proper delivery is not a one off fluke, and residential delivery continues.
Thanks to all including AS for upholding my right to free speech and expression.
Now I have three saws to put together. That's great.
This is as good a forum as any if you want to get something off your chest, or vent a little......or a lot. ;)

Swogg

ArboristSite Member
When we have a package delivered, no matter who delivers it, they don't knock on the door or ring the doorbell. Not sure why they don't do that anymore.

A couple of months ago, we had a package delivered, and the carrier left it in front of one of the garage doors. I suppose he or she felt an extra 20 steps or so to the front door was out of the question. :mad:
When FedEx used to get packages in the vicinity of my house, it was like I said, very seldom on my porch.
From pics I provided, you can see I live in an earth, or underground home. So the driver must walk down 12 steps to my porch, and naturally back up 12 steps.
They usually leave my packages on the top step where we can trip on it in the dark, or on the picnic table.
Neither places are protected from the elements, and since they never have sent me a message that they delivered a package, I found my packages by accident because they are out of my sight when I'm in the house.
So I fully understand your frustration. In my case of late, my packages have been left in the road, 350 yards away.
This is as good a forum as any if you want to get something off your chest, or vent a little......or a lot. ;)
I definitely thank the folks that own and operate this forum for allowing me freedom of speech and expression without censorship or intimidation as is the case on an increasing number of social media sites. I feel everyone, bar none, has that right. Thanks Arborist Site.

Swogg

ArboristSite Member

I don't get a knock on the door any longer either. Only from my postal carrier. He's good as gold.

TNTreeHugger

TNTreeHugger

Addicted to ArboristSite
They deliver other people's packages to me a fair amount.
But I'm honest. I call them so their star drivers can pick them up and deliver to the proper address.
I always thought that was part of living in a civil society.
I don't believe there is anything " civil " about FedEx.
Might be where your packages are.
Never get them to admit it for sure.
You just posted the same content four times in a row... guess we all make mistakes sometimes, huh?

Swogg

ArboristSite Member
You just posted the same content four times in a row... guess we all make mistakes sometimes, huh?
Yeah I an definitely an imperfect person. Not even close. Never have been, never will be. Never have claimed to be.
Having said that. What is it I posted four times in a row?
Please be specific because I don't get what you are saying at all.

Husky Man

Husky Man

Addicted to ArboristSite
Do I have a critic? If you want to accuse me of doing something wrong, by all means , do so. What is it I did that you don't like? Speak up! Be specific my man!
Hi Swogg, I don’t know what happened, but I saw a couple of your posts, posted multiple duplicate posts, I don’t know if you did something, or if it was a glitch in the AS system.

personally, my weak point is posting pictures, I sometimes get duplicate photos in a post, I’m definitely not perfect either, but that is what Sandy is posting about (Wink)

Now Sandy, I saw that you “Liked” my post about the USPS being the “Best “, in my area, remember “Best” can be a Relative description, a Broken Finger (USPS) is Better than a Broken Arm (UPS) which is Better than a Broken Leg (FedEx), None are Ideal, but of the Three, the Broken Finger is the “Best Choice “ of the given options (Grin)

Doug

Swogg

ArboristSite Member
Hi Swogg, I don’t know what happened, but I saw a couple of your posts, posted multiple duplicate posts, I don’t know if you did something, or if it was a glitch in the AS system.

personally, my weak point is posting pictures, I sometimes get duplicate photos in a post, I’m definitely not perfect either, but that is what Sandy is posting about (Wink)

Now Sandy, I saw that you “Liked” my post about the USPS being the “Best “, in my area, remember “Best” can be a Relative description, a Broken Finger (USPS) is Better than a Broken Arm (UPS) which is Better than a Broken Leg (FedEx), None are Ideal, but of the Three, the Broken Finger is the “Best Choice “ of the given options (Grin)

Doug
Thanks Doug for the clarification. I was not aware of it at all. Should someone call the Sheriff and report the crime?
All due apologies and condolences to those offended for sure. We must absolutely tend to, and make amends for grievances that threaten the priorities and very essence of our lives.
Rhetorically speaking, if everytime a young boy passes a chained dog, he puts a sharp stick in the dogs eye, should the dog be put to sleep after he breaks the chain and bites the boy in the butt?
Just saying.........

When the house is on fire, run for your life, and be absolutely sure to turn off the lights on the way out the door........

TNTreeHugger

TNTreeHugger

Addicted to ArboristSite

Doug
Yup, that's it.
And, of course I "liked" your post - remember who I work for? ;)
At least we didn't shut down for a week because of bad weather, like Amazon did last week.:drinkingcoffee:

Husky Man

Husky Man

Addicted to ArboristSite
Sandy, there ain’t no way that I am going to forget where you work (Wink) just given ya a FRIENDLY poke in the ribs

Unfortunately, one of our local letter carriers (is that still the current term??) frequently gets the mail in the wrong boxes of our NBU, but most of the time we neighbors make sure the errant items get to their destinations

For the most part USPS does get parcels to me quicker and in better condition than the other two, but I have still had a couple of very late packages, and a few with some damage, usually just to the packaging, just part of Life, sometimes Schitt Happens, but somehow, my Life seems to continue on, I Try to keep it in perspective, but sometimes I get annoyed like anyone else
Fedex, does seem to be the more frequent culprit when it comes to annoying me

Doug

Swogg

ArboristSite Member
Quincy illinois FedEx delivery driver reported " delivered at door/ porch "

Yup!!!!!!!

Attachments

• IMG_20210221_131533551.jpg
    IMG_20210221_131533551.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 16
  • IMG_20210221_131433040.jpg
    IMG_20210221_131433040.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 14

Swogg

ArboristSite Member
That's two at a boys for FedEx.
Do you live in the city or a rural address? Makes a big difference.
Everybody that has received a package in the last year knows that USPS has problems. Among many of them, the biggest problem is they are a government agency. I haven't seen many things the government doesn't mess up.
My local USPS facility and people are great and do a fantastic job. It's the people within the system that cause shipping problems. Mostly at routing/sorting centers.
U
I gotta say there Swogg, that’s a Pretty Unique door/porch ya got there, I’ve never seen one quite like it myself

Doug
I sleep in the mailbox. Please don't tell anybody or I will be forced to pay taxes for my vacation home.