ArboristSite.com Sponsors
Traverse Creek Inc

Fedex is a Pathetic Carrier

Woodchuck71

Woodchuck71

ArboristSite Operative
Probably shouldn't write this, but here it goes.
If you're getting packages delivered to a wrong address constantly,get a bigger ( Sign) attached to your driveway. My driveway is probably 1/4(?) mile thru the timber.
Bigger mailbox?
A cover for over sized packages?
Used to get my packages delivered to my neighbors houses from FedEx, UPS and US Post on a regular basis after we moved to the farm.
Contacted every one of them
Spent$$ for a bigger sign, bigger mailbox and a cover for over sized.
I told them I didn't expect them to drive thru the timber,on a maintained driveway,but wanted it in MY mailbox.
Had Supervisors (local?) from FedEx and UPS come out to the find the packages and delivered them to my mailbox a few times afterwards, but hasn't happened in years.
Do I care if someone steals my packages from the ROW?
Aggravated. Screaming mad?No,life is to short.
Someone from corporate calling the OP to feel him out most likely wasn't done because that pencil pusher had extra time on his (her) hands.

Swogg

Swogg

ArboristSite Member
Probably shouldn't write this, but here it goes.
If you're getting packages delivered to a wrong address constantly,get a bigger ( Sign) attached to your driveway. My driveway is probably 1/4(?) mile thru the timber.
Bigger mailbox?
A cover for over sized packages?
Used to get my packages delivered to my neighbors houses from FedEx, UPS and US Post on a regular basis after we moved to the farm.
Contacted every one of them
Spent$$ for a bigger sign, bigger mailbox and a cover for over sized.
I told them I didn't expect them to drive thru the timber,on a maintained driveway,but wanted it in MY mailbox.
Had Supervisors (local?) from FedEx and UPS come out to the find the packages and delivered them to my mailbox a few times afterwards, but hasn't happened in years.
Do I care if someone steals my packages from the ROW?
Aggravated. Screaming mad?No,life is to short.
Someone from corporate calling the OP to feel him out most likely wasn't done because that pencil pusher had extra time on his (her) hands.
You are right about two things hot dog. You probably should not have written what you did, and life is too short to listen to someone like you.
Because I'm a civil person, I'll be civil.
If I feel like I need advice how to run my life, I will seek advice from someone I trust. Not some nut online making personal attacks, and trying to play phyciatrist.
Probably isn't anyone's life you can't run better than them.
You live in a world of reverse phychiatry. If someone delivers the wrong package to me, it's my fault because I should have done something to prevent their malfunction.
If a delivery driver is lazy and lies, it's my fault because I could have built a storage shed for him.
And when people personally try to instigate me, it's my fault for allowing them to be successful.
You have a right to your oppinion hot dog, it doesn't make your oppinion right.
And of course you have determined I said something horrible because nutty, hateful, vindicative, thin skinned people don't exist.
You are injecting yourself into an intennable situation. Remember hot dog, you attacked me. Not the reverse. Be careful what you say. You are liable for your words.
You must work for FedEx because you sound just like them.
The customer is always wrong.
I'll not waste much more time with you.
When I pay for home delivery. Home delivery it is. Go build all the boxes and signs you want. Personally, in my oppinion I think you are a deranged physcopath.
When a person pays for a service, and the service is not provided, it is not the fault of the purchaser. More reverse thinking.
When the day comes that purchasing a service becomes a privilege, then the world is on the edge of tyranny.
The chicken cane before the egg hot dog.. You have life turned upside down.
You talk about someone losing their temper. People like you would drive anybody to anger. I doubt you can run your own life. You can run your mouth though. I'll give you that.
You have a solution for everything there hot dog. Personally I feel you have gone way too far. The first sentence in your post verifies that you know you went too far.
But you ran down a litany of everything in the world I have done wrong.
Who do you think you are?
You made attacks on me, and I took the attacks. I've been taking attacks ever since FedEx messed up the first delivery 11 days ago. If you want your packages dumped in the roadway, then go for it. I don't want my packages dumped in the roadway.
From now on hot dog, get off my back and stay off my thread.
Go run someone else's life and get out of mine!
If you make anymore personal attacks on me, I will report you in a second.
One last thing, Seema like you think you are acting on a known set of facts. You don't know anything hot dog. Unless you work for FedEx or were sent by them to agitate me and attempt to get me to say something that could be construed as bad. Wear a little mustard and ketchup with relish hot dog, and don't bother me again.
It's easy to be a jerk like you. You're like FedEx. You're a problem. Not a solution. You're bad, not good. You're evil.

Swogg

Swogg

ArboristSite Member
The forces of evil and hatredness are coming out to destroy me..
Woodchuck71 just launched a vicious round of attacks at me. Let's see. The Quincy illinois FedEx facility that has been ruining my life is about three miles from Missouri.
Strangly, Woodchuck71 lives in Missouri. I wonder if he lives across the river from Quincy illinois? Maybe he works at FedEx Quincy. Or maybe a family member or friend does. Maybe FedEx Quincy encouraged him to come on this thread and launch a vicious attack full of lies and misinformation on me that by his own admission he should not have done.
How far will FedEx Quincy illinois go to destroy someone's life?
I can't thank Arborist Site enough for allowing me freedom of speech, expression, and to exercise my civil liberties.
Much has been said in different posts about how crooked and two faced FedEx corporation is.
Why I ask do other members on AS attack me because the Quincy illinois facility is pathetically staffed and or managed? I don't care about a different FedEx facility. I'm talking about FedEx in Quincy illinois. The serviceo of that facility is woefully pathetic.
When do things get better? I pay for residential delivery. Not drop the package on the road delivery as has been documented in this thread.
Been going on for years. If the assault against me doesn't cease, I will be forced to go to AARP for help. I don't know if there is a thing they can do. But I know they don't like to see old people be abused and mistreated like I have been. Like my wife has been.
As this thread started, so this thread goes. Quincy illinois FedEx is rotten to the core. Their service is on absolutely pathetic.
Once again I thank all AS members who have supported my effort to restore honesty, dignity, and quality of service to FedEx Quincy illinois that abuses it's customers and senior citizens such as myself. They have no conscience or dignity, or pride in customer service.

stihl sawing

stihl sawing

MAD DOG
The forces of evil and hatredness are coming out to destroy me..
Woodchuck71 just launched a vicious round of attacks at me. Let's see. The Quincy illinois FedEx facility that has been ruining my life is about three miles from Missouri.
Strangly, Woodchuck71 lives in Missouri. I wonder if he lives across the river from Quincy illinois? Maybe he works at FedEx Quincy. Or maybe a family member or friend does. Maybe FedEx Quincy encouraged him to come on this thread and launch a vicious attack full of lies and misinformation on me that by his own admission he should not have done.
How far will FedEx Quincy illinois go to destroy someone's life?
I can't thank Arborist Site enough for allowing me freedom of speech, expression, and to exercise my civil liberties.
Much has been said in different posts about how crooked and two faced FedEx corporation is.
Why I ask do other members on AS attack me because the Quincy illinois facility is pathetically staffed and or managed? I don't care about a different FedEx facility. I'm talking about FedEx in Quincy illinois. The serviceo of that facility is woefully pathetic.
When do things get better? I pay for residential delivery. Not drop the package on the road delivery as has been documented in this thread.
Been going on for years. If the assault against me doesn't cease, I will be forced to go to AARP for help. I don't know if there is a thing they can do. But I know they don't like to see old people be abused and mistreated like I have been. Like my wife has been.
As this thread started, so this thread goes. Quincy illinois FedEx is rotten to the core. Their service is on absolutely pathetic.
Once again I thank all AS members who have supported my effort to restore honesty, dignity, and quality of service to FedEx Quincy illinois that abuses it's customers and senior citizens such as myself. They have no conscience or dignity, or pride in customer service.
Swogg..yes Fed X does suck, but your problem is easily solved.

Switch carriers, and if the vendor you buy from uses them then contact the vendor and tell them to use somebody else and if they don't..find another vendor to buy your products.

I stopped buying from a couple cause of them, i also told them how lousy they were delivering here, i got no response. no biggie. there are plenty of places that sell whet i buy.

Most places will use the carrier you prefer, especially if you buy a lot from them. This thread will not hurt Fed X none, you gotta hurt them financially and even you as one customer won't hurt them, but least you don't have to put up with their crappy service anymore.

Swogg

Swogg

ArboristSite Member
Swogg..yes Fed X does suck, but your problem is easily solved.

Switch carriers, and if the vendor you buy from uses them then contact the vendor and tell them to use somebody else and if they don't..find another vendor to buy your products.

I stopped buying from a couple cause of them, i also told them how lousy they were delivering here, i got no response. no biggie. there are plenty of places that sell whet i buy.

Most places will use the carrier you prefer, especially if you buy a lot from them. This thread will not hurt Fed X none, you gotta hurt them financially and even you as one customer won't hurt them, but least you don't have to put up with their crappy service anymore.
Tried that. Sam's club and Amazon. Won't switch. Tried that years ago.
The forces of evil was the nut that left the post last night. A good phyciatrist.
Swogg using the old guy card does not cut it , we all go thru this with package deliveries on occasion
What old guy card an I playing my man. Ive been going through this for years. Garbage service is garbage service. Period!

Swogg

Swogg

ArboristSite Member
Someone needs help.
I see my critic is back again. And noticed ole Tim gave a thumbs up to your post. I figured Tim would have enough sense to keep out of my business, but I gave him too much credit for sure.
One thing about AS for sure.
The critic crowd. A select handful of people more concerned about being critical of others than taking care of their own business.
How many negative posts do you plan to leave on this thread?
Amazon uses their own delivery here, amazon is mostly chinese junk anyway. fed x does not deliver for them and screw sams club, other sell what they do.
Well you are partially right and mostly wrong. This thread is about crummy FedEx service. It's not the critics corner. Jump on a different thread and be a critic. But be sure of your facts first.

olyman

olyman

Tree Freak
Yeah I an definitely an imperfect person. Not even close. Never have been, never will be. Never have claimed to be.
Having said that. What is it I posted four times in a row?
Please be specific because I don't get what you are saying at all.
don't listen to her,,shes a old bat....

Swogg

Swogg

ArboristSite Member
don't listen to her,,shes a old bat....
I'll respond to this funny post, then I'll leave it up to the experts that live on this site because you haven't got anything positive to do with your lives but be wise guys.
So the critic crowd descends on my thread to leave nothing positive, just rath, destruction, and intimidation. I've been around empty vessels like you all my life.
I've read this forum for years. Many making the negative posts and their minions in the background leaving likes for their posts are the same people that have driven a lot of the good AS members to other forums.
You're like ants at a picnic, you contribute nothing positive, you just bother people.
So since you are at the picnic, have a party boys, I have better things to do with my life than listen to your garbage. Maybe you can educate each other.

olyman

olyman

Tree Freak
I'll respond to this funny post, then I'll leave it up to the experts that live on this site because you haven't got anything positive to do with your lives but be wise guys.
So the critic crowd descends on my thread to leave nothing positive, just rath, destruction, and intimidation. I've been around empty vessels like you all my life.
I've read this forum for years. Many making the negative posts and their minions in the background leaving likes for their posts are the same people that have driven a lot of the good AS members to other forums.
You're like ants at a picnic, you contribute nothing positive, you just bother people.
So since you are at the picnic, have a party boys, I have better things to do with my life than listen to your garbage. Maybe you can educate each other.
I was referring to someone else,, and you jump on me?????? real cute.....anddddddd, ss Is NOT deserving of that post

Swogg

Swogg

ArboristSite Member
I was referring to someone else,, and you jump on me?????? real cute.....anddddddd, ss Is NOT deserving of that post
Didn't jump on you my man. You must be reading something into my post that is not there.
The only thing I said about your post was that it was funny.
All the rest of my post was very clearly directed towards the mob that invaded my thread this morning with endless reams of criticism and attempted intimidation. Nothing new really. And I stand by what I said about/to them.
So chill out if you think I was referring to you in a negative way.

sirbuildalot

sirbuildalot

ArboristSite Guru
I’ll say this. Since COVID I’m sure delivery services are all out 24/7 to keep up with demand. The drivers probably get run ragged all day non stop. Put yourself in their shoes to understand. I drove oil truck for a season and had to deliver to whatever houses or (tickets) I had. Then add onto that people who called and demanded oil that say (same days). Anyways, one day I had 69 stops in 5 towns. I pumped oil from 5:30 am until 9:00pm. All I heard was why are you here so late, when is my oil coming, I’m having dinner with my family-kind of late isn’t it. All I wanted to do was finish my route and go home to see MY family. It’s not always as easy as it appears from inside your house looking out the window. Put yourself in their shoes. Everyone wants to stay “safe” on the comfort of their home and have goods dropped at their doorstep. If calling management didn’t do any good, then switch carriers.

TNTreeHugger

TNTreeHugger

Addicted to ArboristSite

About 20 minutes ago my box of saw parts was delivered to me by FedEx to my porch and the box was actually placed on the chairs I have positioned under the roof overhang. After four days of FedEx Quincy illinois possession, now they are in my possession.
I cannot remember the last time FedEx put a package on my porch.
Truly an incredible act. I have absolutely no idea how long, if ever, that FedEx placed the package on the chairs under the overhang so it will stay dry during inclimate weather.
Having said that, I know of at least two other packages Quincy illinois FedEx should deliver to me this week, so I will see what transpires.
I believe in the power of God and prayers answered. I also believe God works through people.
My oppinion, and I emphasis oppinion, is that likely someone on Arborist Site, or someone using the Arborist site platform, in some way helped me.
Beyond a doubt, Arborist Site helped me by giving me a free and fair platform in order for me to voice my oppinion without being cancelled or intimidated. For that I am thankful to the owner (s) /operator ( s ) of Arborist Site. So thank you very much.
For all you who have supported me during this somewhat uncomfortable stressful time, I say thanks.
And if there is someone out there that went the extra mile to help me, you know who you are, you have my sincere expression of gratitude.
My hope is that today's proper delivery is not a one off fluke, and residential delivery continues.
Thanks to all including AS for upholding my right to free speech and expression.
Now I have three saws to put together. That's great.
Could it be that the driver could actually see your driveway to get to the house?
On the 21, it was invisible under the snow...
dw1.jpg
dw2.jpg

And, could it be that Andrew, the security officer, called you because of this:
t was late in the day when I called the local facility in Quincy illinois and reamed a guy that wasn't a manager and didn't deserve my rath. To him I apologise. Sure would be nice if somebody at FedEx would apologise to me for everything they have put me through!!!!!!
Apologies are not in their DNA!
I should have saved it for somebody else, but at no time did I make any threats. Just vented years of FedEx frusteration.
Four days later, a woman called from the local office. Actually I had mostly forgot about things and was quite calm until I listened to her hard time mouth. I've spoken with her in the past. She hasn't changed a bit. She is another FedEx " problem ".
Or this:
I guess some snowflake at FedEx Quincy got his/her feelings hurt because I yelled at him/her over the saw issue.
He could have hung up on me.
I'm a peaceful man. No history of violence period! Late 60's. But I have to listen to Andrew the security expert question my integrity?
If five years of pathetic delivery service didn't irritate me to no end, talk to that character for an hour and you will really be tweaked!
Or this
I've dealt with FedEx 8-10 hours over the last ten days because of the 562XP plus parts delivery.

And, I suppose it's the fault of the Fedex driver your wife slipped and fell in the snow?
350 feet from the house to the box - did she make the trek in athletic shoes also?
Today they dropped off another package. This from Sam's club. Same place. 18" from vehicle traffic and a foot from the road ditch.
My wife and I are late sixties, so exiting our lane by herself, my wife tries to retrieve the package and slipped in the snow and into the road ditch injuring herself. Argh!

Anyhoo... here's what the Fedex web site has to say about your options:
What’s the difference between FedEx Home Delivery and FedEx Ground?
  • FedEx Home Delivery, which is part of the FedEx Ground network, delivers packages 150 lbs. or less to residences every day of the week. A $4 residential surcharge is applied per package.
  • FedEx Ground delivers packages 150 lbs. or less to businesses or commercial areas Monday–Friday.
So, are you residential, or business?
Looks to me, since Fedex offers plenty of convenient delivery options, that your problem originates with the shipper not selecting the best option for you.

Here's another option:
1614125064398.png
Chain it to that pretty mailbox post - problem solved.
PS: Until the snow clears, maybe you should go get the mail instead of making your wife do it.

Swogg

Swogg

ArboristSite Member
Not nearly as many as you - you've won that prize. :numberone:

So far, I've read only about 1% of what you posted here. Now I'm going to go back and read all of it...

Could it be that the driver could actually see your driveway to get to the house?
On the 21, it was invisible under the snow...
View attachment 891497
View attachment 891498

And, could it be that Andrew, the security officer, called you because of this:

Or this:

Or this

And, I suppose it's the fault of the Fedex driver your wife slipped and fell in the snow?
350 feet from the house to the box - did she make the trek in athletic shoes also?

Anyhoo... here's what the Fedex web site has to say about your options:
What’s the difference between FedEx Home Delivery and FedEx Ground?
  • FedEx Home Delivery, which is part of the FedEx Ground network, delivers packages 150 lbs. or less to residences every day of the week. A $4 residential surcharge is applied per package.
  • FedEx Ground delivers packages 150 lbs. or less to businesses or commercial areas Monday–Friday.
So, are you residential, or business?
Looks to me, since Fedex offers plenty of convenient delivery options, that your problem originates with the shipper not selecting the best option for you.

Here's another option:
View attachment 891505
Chain it to that pretty mailbox post - problem solved.
PS: Until the snow clears, maybe you should go get the mail instead of making your wife do it.

TNTreeHugger

TNTreeHugger

Addicted to ArboristSite
I'm gonna say it's weather-related... looks like the week between the 11th and the 21st was pretty bad up there
Heaviest snowfall of the winter season
February 15, 2021

Can't see your driveway, can't see your hole-in-the-ground hobbit house from the road, a different driver every day, and you're surprised packages are left at the mailbox?
:rolleyes: