ArboristSite.com Sponsors
Traverse Creek Inc

Fedex is a Pathetic Carrier

Swogg

Swogg

ArboristSite Member
You are the Eveready Bunny of hard times and big mouth dude.
You say things you shouldn't.
About things of which you know nothing.
You run your mouth to hear yourself talk.
You started this battle of ignorance, because that's what you are.
People like you are why many want nothing to do with Arborist Site.
For the pleasure of sowing discord and hard feelings.you are a hater.
You aren't special. Folks like you are a dime a dozen.
Good, honorable, truthful people are hard to come by. And that you are not.
Since you seem destined to do nothing but cause trouble and create hard feelings, remember you started this, fueled it, and won't stop.
Simply put, you are not a good person. You are hollow and dark inside. Full of rage and contempt.
Since you are intent to ruin this thread and take it over, have a party.
I hope it's worth it for you.
Everything comes a a price!
On you, I will waste no more time.

southpaw

southpaw

I react 2 B Venom
She took the time to read all that gibberish you wrote and seemed like she offered some friendly advice to you , thought you were going to say thanks for her time
Others listened to you and tried to have conversation with you but you turned on them

What you need is a new handle and avatar so you can start over here , let me help

Attachments

• crybaby.jpg
    crybaby.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 5
Husky Man

Husky Man

Addicted to ArboristSite
Dayum, Swogg, I understand your Frustration, I know it too well myself, but Friend take a Deep Breathe and Relax, where you’re headed ain’t Good for your health, Physical or Mental

You have treated some here much worse than what you complain of how they treated you, not leading by example there Friend

I wish that there was something that we could do to Help you with your situation, but aside from listening to you vent your frustration, there really isn’t much that we CAN DO to help you out

Good Luck getting all your packages, and with your Blood Pressure

Doug

southpaw

southpaw

I react 2 B Venom
It always pays to be nice to people also, especially when they are doing a service for you
I make sure to know who the delivery drivers are in my area , USPS , Fe-Ex, UPS and always tell them thank you and request that if no one is here to accept delivery please put in the garage
They are good as gold about it and over the years there has been some mistakes but that's rare an you just have to accept it , it could be a temp. driver filling in that day for the regular route person

I like to wave to them when I see on the road or when they zoom buy my place, they smile and wave back ....so it pays to be friendly to people otherwise you might have a lot more problems than you wish for

Come summer time I put out free vegs. for anyone who drives by , it may cause some to not throw beer cans or crap out the car window in front of my place because Hey that guy must be a nice person and people respect that

You get to be known as a prick out in the country your going to have all kinds of different issues that you will not like

sirbuildalot

sirbuildalot

ArboristSite Guru
FedEx drivers make decent $$. Not sure where under "payed" (sic) is coming from.

Depends what you consider "decent" money.

A google search tells me that drivers make around $18-$19/hr. That's less than 40k a year BEFORE taxes. Here in Massachusetts that would be poverty level. Maybe in other areas it is ok, IDK.

No amount of money earned gives people the right to scream at you and belittle you. That's as bad of entitlement as people thinking they should earn X amount regardless of credentials, or work performed. Out of curiosity, I assume the OP is retired being in his late sixties. OP, what did you do for a living?

TNTreeHugger

TNTreeHugger

Addicted to ArboristSite
It always pays to be nice to people also, especially when they are doing a service for you
I make sure to know who the delivery drivers are in my area , USPS , Fe-Ex, UPS and always tell them thank you and request that if no one is here to accept delivery please put in the garage
They are good as gold about it and over the years there has been some mistakes but that's rare an you just have to accept it , it could be a temp. driver filling in that day for the regular route person

I like to wave to them when I see on the road or when they zoom buy my place, they smile and wave back ....so it pays to be friendly to people otherwise you might have a lot more problems than you wish for

Come summer time I put out free vegs. for anyone who drives by , it may cause some to not throw beer cans or crap out the car window in front of my place because Hey that guy must be a nice person and people respect that

You get to be known as a prick out in the country your going to have all kinds of different issues that you will not like
Exactly.
They could just leave him a pink slip and make him go to their office to pick up packages... "No secure location" sounds about right to me.

TNTreeHugger

TNTreeHugger

Addicted to ArboristSite

A google search tells me that drivers make around $18-$19/hr. That's less than 40k a year BEFORE taxes. Here in Massachusetts that would be poverty level. Maybe in other areas it is ok, IDK.

No amount of money earned gives people the right to scream at you and belittle you. That's as bad of entitlement as people thinking they should earn X amount regardless of credentials, or work performed. Out of curiosity, I assume the OP is retired being in his late sixties. What did he do for a living?
Customer Service?
:laughing:

ChoppyChoppy

ChoppyChoppy

Tree Freak

No amount of money earned gives people the right to scream at you and belittle you. That's as bad of entitlement as people thinking they should earn X amount regardless of credentials. Out of curiosity, I assume the OP is retired being in his late sixties. What did he do for a living?

I grew up in Maine. 40k is far from poverty in that area. No it's not AWESOME money, but a person could do far worse.

Tons of jobs don't pay $20/hr... that's nearly 3x min wage.

I guess ot just irritates me when someone uses wages as a way to demean and belittle someone.

sirbuildalot

sirbuildalot

ArboristSite Guru
He's not in Maine or Massachusetts.

Lets look at his state. The average AFTER tax take home pay in Illinois is $43,000. FedEx pays $39,000 BEFORE taxes. Are we really expecting the cream of the crop to apply for these stressful jobs?

Approx. Take home pay for FedEx driver $30,000 factoring 23% to taxes

State average $43,000

Bwhahahaha

This is from 2019 BTW. We really need to add at least 3-4% for COL increases. So add another $1500 dollars or so to the $43,654. See the problem? Like I said switch to a different carrier.

Illinois

• Avg. income after taxes:
$43,654 (pre-tax: $56,933)

• Avg. taxes paid as pct. of income: 23.3% (9th highest)

• Federal income tax collections per capita: $7,620 (10th highest)

• State and local tax collections per capita: $5,658 (11th highest)

TNTreeHugger

TNTreeHugger

Addicted to ArboristSite

Lets look at his state. The average AFTER tax take home pay in Illinois is $43,000. FedEx pays $39,000 BEFORE taxes. Are we really expecting the cream of the crop to apply for these stressful jobs?

State average $43,000

Bwhahahaha

This is from 2019 BTW. We really need to add at least 3-4% for COL increases. So add another $1500 dollars or so to the $43,654. See the problem? Like I said switch to a different carrier.

Illinois

I'd switch to another state.

sirbuildalot

sirbuildalot

ArboristSite Guru
Honestly, I see a lot of people who make little money, expect everyone else to be content making little money. That's just not how the real worlds works. People who apply for these jobs are usually people down on their luck and desperate, or young kids with minimal bills.

Would you expect either category to really care that much?

The same people bitching about the crappy service also price shop on shipping costs!!!

:crazy2:

ChoppyChoppy

ChoppyChoppy

Tree Freak

State average $43,000

Bwhahahaha

Illinois

40k would have around 3k in income tax.

One person's dream job is another's nightmare.

Makes no sense to say FedEx is a pathetic career just because of 1 delivery address out of millions worldwide.

ChoppyChoppy

ChoppyChoppy

Tree Freak
Did you read the chart I linked?

The state average in taxes is 23.3% of income.

Its the 9th highest state

Not anywhere close to 3%

Don't make me look at Maine, I guarantee its not 3%

3% of what?

Income tax on 40k...
Single you deduct 12,550, so that's 27.5k. Up to14,200 it's 10% and the remainder is 12%
So roughly 3k

Illnois state income tax would be around $1500. Forgot about that, no state tax here.

sirbuildalot

sirbuildalot

ArboristSite Guru
It was supposed to say 3k, not 3%.

Your claimed 40k only pays 3k in tax. That's simply not true. The point your missing is these are low paid employees that don't give a crap about your package that you price shopped to save shipping on a $1,000 saw purchase, then scream at the same low paid employee expecting things to get better.

Would you pay your employees 69% of the state average income like FedEx does in Illinois then expect stellar performers? Why do you think jobs like those have such high turnover? Adding constantly new drivers to a remote unmarked location only adds to the OP's problem. Like I keep saying, SWITCH carriers if your unhappy. Demand UPS or some other carrier from the seller. Its really quite simple.

40k would have around 3k in income tax.

One person's dream job is another's nightmare.

Makes no sense to say FedEx is a pathetic career just because of 1 delivery address out of millions worldwide.

cookies

cookies

ArboristSite Operative
if you want packages delivered to your house there needs to be a visible driveway! plow your snow out of it so it dosent look like a empty field or hell idk mabie put a fence down the sides and a address sign so it stands out ! like others have said build a large drop box near the road that will hold anything you order but can not be opened without a key. another thing you can do thats simple is to put in a intercom at your mailbox so the driver can directly alert anyone in the house that you have a delivery with the push of a button. I seems like your complaining about not getting deliveries because its the delivery persons fault, no one is going to drive through a field or down a blank dirt trail to get stuck or put into a spot they can not turn around let alone guess at the fact that it is the recipients driveway when it is visible. All these problems and you have not installed a motion activated camera to alert you and record the deliveries?? fyi you can issue a hold on parcels to go pick them up in person---a couple hours each way to get what you need asap is better than days of crying about not getting it delivered.

TNTreeHugger

TNTreeHugger

Addicted to ArboristSite
if you want packages delivered to your house there needs to be a visible driveway! plow your snow out of it so it dosent look like a empty field or hell idk mabie put a fence down the sides and a address sign so it stands out ! like others have said build a large drop box near the road that will hold anything you order but can not be opened without a key. another thing you can do thats simple is to put in a intercom at your mailbox so the driver can directly alert anyone in the house that you have a delivery with the push of a button. I seems like your complaining about not getting deliveries because its the delivery persons fault, no one is going to drive through a field or down a blank dirt trail to get stuck or put into a spot they can not turn around let alone guess at the fact that it is the recipients driveway when it is visible. All these problems and you have not installed a motion activated camera to alert you and record the deliveries?? fyi you can issue a hold on parcels to go pick them up in person---a couple hours each way to get what you need asap is better than days of crying about not getting it delivered.
Great advice - except for the locked drop-box... no Fed ex driver (or any other route carrier) is going to bother with a key to one specific drop. The usps does, but that is for cluster boxes, like apartments have, not individual mailboxes.
The camera is a perfect solution.