Feedback for Public Guide to Invasive Tree Pests Threatening British Woodlands, Produced for Univers

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bunksly

Reaction score
Hi again,
I've produced this hand-guide to British invasive threats for my 3rd year university project. It has the theoretical aim of being a dispersable public guide to help concerned civilians, tree enthusiasts and/or tree owners to identify and understand 4 of the top potential tree pests that currently live in or are threatening to live in the UK, with the aim also of encouraging people to go out and learn more beyond the contents of the book. It also comes in PDF form so people can download it on their phones or computers - https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B88j4GPrEUcvTDFWWnBjS1ZNMGM

It will have a front and back cover in book form. Other than that I think its approaching a pretty presentable state. Part of the marks for the assessment are awarded if I can show that i have trialed the book against a target audience, so if you could leave me some feedback (on the PDF form of the book that I've linked) in the comments section, message me, or http://www.smartsurvey.co.uk/s/QU3KO/ put it in here that would be amazingly helpful. Thanks for the help, and double thanks to the people from these forums who have already helped me along the way.

Here's my remarks,
Table of contents doesn't match the design of the book.
Missing a way to identify host trees. Very important in identifying possible pest. Bugs are hard to find, but the damage they cause are the clues.
Do these pests kill trees? Or do they cause some damage? Are they threat to people? For example tree falling down.
Pest key and then pest page redundant.
Too long, do not need the entire life cycle data. Need to paraphrase in a language a 5th grader can understand. Ideally 1 page per pest.

Good job so far. Needs alot more work if it were me.

Here's my remarks,
Table of contents doesn't match the design of the book.
Missing a way to identify host trees. Very important in identifying possible pest. Bugs are hard to find, but the damage they cause are the clues.
Do these pests kill trees? Or do they cause some damage? Are they threat to people? For example tree falling down.
Pest key and then pest page redundant.
Too long, do not need the entire life cycle data. Need to paraphrase in a language a 5th grader can understand. Ideally 1 page per pest.

Good job so far. Needs alot more work if it were me.

Hey thanks for the feedback. I agree with everything you've said. Definitely think i went off on a tangent from the original aim i set myself for the guide, now that you mention these issues. I'll set to work.

Try looking at similiar documents from over here regarding EAB, ALB, Oak wilt etc. National forest service, states and municipalities have probably put some out

Back