• ArboristSite has decided that due to the abusive interactions users are having with each other in the political forum, we will no longer be providing a place to talk politics on this forum. Any political posts will be deleted once discovered or reported to us. We are sorry for this inconvenience.

ArboristSite.com Sponsors
www.harvesterbars.com

Felling Axe Sale Price

Philbert

Philbert

Chainsaw Enthusiast
You have your WoodlandPRO Fallers Axe (4 lbs.) with 28" Hickory Handle WPX F4028 on sale. Can you tell me for how long? I might want to put together an order to combine shipping, but don't want to lose the sale price.

Thanks.

Philbert

Bailey's Inc.

Bailey's Inc.

Professional outdoor work gear & equipment
Website
www.baileysonline.com
You have your WoodlandPRO Fallers Axe (4 lbs.) with 28" Hickory Handle WPX F4028 on sale. Can you tell me for how long? I might want to put together an order to combine shipping, but don't want to lose the sale price.

Thanks.

Philbert

Hi Philbert,

That axe will be on sale until 6-11.

Best Regards

Philbert

Philbert

Chainsaw Enthusiast
Hard to find these '4LB or 5LB Pound Fallers Wedges'!

I have some 4 and 5 pound splitting wedges, but they are forged steel.

(Waiting on my 4LB axe to arrive.)

Philbert

Screen shot 2018-05-23 at 12.01.43 PM.png

Philbert

Philbert

Chainsaw Enthusiast
Got a chance to try the axe this weekend. Purchased a ' Faller's Axe' specifically for driving wedges. First tree, the head came loose (see photos). Finished the day with a plastic handled axe from Walmart that someone had brought.

Defective? To be expected? Not sure how to fix with that wedge. Does the head have to be pinned to work?

Philbert

IMG_1970.JPG IMG_1971.jpg IMG_1972.jpg

Bailey's Inc.

Bailey's Inc.

Professional outdoor work gear & equipment
Website
www.baileysonline.com
Got a chance to try the axe this weekend. Purchased a ' Faller's Axe' specifically for driving wedges. First tree, the head came loose (see photos). Finished the day with a plastic handled axe from Walmart that someone had brought.

Defective? To be expected? Not sure how to fix with that wedge. Does the head have to be pinned to work?

Philbert

View attachment 656422 View attachment 656423 View attachment 656424
Ouch, Looks like the wedge worked loose. The quick way to fix that is to pound the handle end (opposite of the head) on a stump or something similar and it will shift the head back down. then re-drive the wedge in. Small taps until its not moving any more then use more force to seat it. If you don't want to mess with it pm me an order number and I'll swap it out for you.