Felling direction

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gunning sites work sometime and sometimes not. Takes a few bad trees to make one learn there other ways to gun a tree. I rarely need them,got taught to use what is between my ears.

Why don't you go back to giving out your worthless advice in the chainsaw forum, where the noobs haven't figured you out for the clueless ass you really are.

I know darn well how fell timber. Do not need a college degree to know how to lay timber down. It is simple once the fundamentals are learn.

Look who is talking the whiny kids are crying over dumb things not me. Felling timber is a art not a science and we all do it differently.

I aint peevish just my normal evening mood,was fine till some bark bug came after me. Need to sleep so I can cut wood tomorrow.

Gunning sites work sometime and sometimes not. Takes a few bad trees to make one learn there other ways to gun a tree. I rarely need them,got taught to use what is between my ears.

Now that is a scary thought.....

Why don't you go back to giving out your worthless advice in the chainsaw forum, where the noobs haven't figured you out for the clueless ass you really are.

Don't pawn him off on us! Just last night he was telling people to wash their crankcases with gas and then neutralize with water.

http://www.arboristsite.com/chainsaw/183910-2.htm#post3237757

I know darn well how fell timber. Do not need a college degree to know how to lay timber down. It is simple once the fundamentals are learn.

Your videos certainly capture a high level of expertise.

Look who is talking the whiny kids are crying over dumb things not me. Felling timber is a art not a science and we all do it differently.

And many actually do it correctly. Perhaps you could learn something from them.

I aint peevish just my normal evening mood,was fine till some bark bug came after me. Need to sleep so I can cut wood tomorrow.

Video please, we will all need a good laugh.

This is a 5-yr-old thread abandoned because it was derailed by the infamous HBRN. That does take away from what you wrote.
Actually, context given; It takes away from your perspective because of your experiences, and takes no value from what was written. I do live around Yosemite, all things set aside, it remains as it was stated. The fact that it seems to alter your perception reflects more on you than what was said. Simple thing really, and not a big deal at all- but in terms of linear conversation... I presented something relevant to an ongoing conversation that was then responded to by something completely irrelevant to anything other than the posters perspective for example....

Had two friends been discussing carrots 5 years ago on a public forum.... and a third party interjected 5 years later that they had eaten carrots the same way.... and again another third party said "that was 5 years ago" - No value had been detracted from the actual statements, only a non linear and non relevant comment was made on the time frame of the conversations.

Point in fact- 5 years ago I used the gunner sites on my saws only a smidgen more than I do now, which is rarely. Reading the over all circumstances of weight distribution, wood condition and type, wind/weather aspects, falling area, and available options in terms of types of cuts used and control methods used (snatch blocks, wedges etc.) are all variables that I consider before I make a cut, and the experience of using chainsaws has helped me determine the viability of my cuts much more than a guiding line on a saw. All of this being said it is still a useful tool that I am grateful to have available to use.

Actually, context given; It takes away from your perspective because of your experiences, and takes no value from what was written. I do live around Yosemite, all things set aside, it remains as it was stated. The fact that it seems to alter your perception reflects more on you than what was said. Simple thing really, and not a big deal at all- but in terms of linear conversation... I presented something relevant to an ongoing conversation that was then responded to by something completely irrelevant to anything other than the posters perspective for example....

Had two friends been discussing carrots 5 years ago on a public forum.... and a third party interjected 5 years later that they had eaten carrots the same way.... and again another third party said "that was 5 years ago" - No value had been detracted from the actual statements, only a non linear and non relevant comment was made on the time frame of the conversations.

Point in fact- 5 years ago I used the gunner sites on my saws only a smidgen more than I do now, which is rarely. Reading the over all circumstances of weight distribution, wood condition and type, wind/weather aspects, falling area, and available options in terms of types of cuts used and control methods used (snatch blocks, wedges etc.) are all variables that I consider before I make a cut, and the experience of using chainsaws has helped me determine the viability of my cuts much more than a guiding line on a saw. All of this being said it is still a useful tool that I am grateful to have available to use.
U'r poast was too long for me to read, but I think he meant that since the guys who were familiar with Yosemite haven't been around for years, that few would be interested in "I live around Yosemite". Do you have a link to the carrot forum? I have little interest in Yosemite, but I do love carrots!

Latest posts

Back