Female climbers

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We exist. There's a lot of women who can operate a chainsaw and hip thrust up trees here. (Canada)
Most companies don't use SRT yet. Working on that.

My company employee's I'd say 3 great female climbers at our local office, and lots of great female groundmen. (Canada as well)

I've seen my fiancee go 35' up a tree and 65' in a bucket. Unfortunately it's been an uphill battle getting her upperbody strength to use something larger then a 201

I can use up to a 440 but it's hard at this point lol.
It's funny being a women using a chainsaw and seeing the reactions of men. Well funny to me anyway. ;P

the fiancee is 95 lbs, I'd be ecstatic to see her notch a tree with a 440.

Years ago I went to watch the world climbing competition at Birmingham.

Climbing there was Isabelle Patissier (who came second)...

1Patissier-Isabelle-Ph-Fragnol%5B1%5D.JPG

And Lyn Hill (who came first)...
lynn_hill_yosemite_2.jpg

Lets just say that I paid a lot more attention to the womans climbing than the mens.

Issabelle Patissiar was amazing to watch and moved like quicksilver, no wasted effort and all fluid motion.
I think I fell in lust with her.

The women in general were a lot more fluid than the men anyway, and they used their feet a lot more, the blokes just grabbed onto things and hoiked themselves up by sheer strength.
Lets see what those legs and arms look like after she trims a pin oak for 2 hours.

Latest posts

Back