Fence Suggestions

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think I'd go with a woven type fence.
I tried the welded type for plant guards and it had vertical strands popping loose after about 4 years.
Hit it with a string trimmer and it breaks pretty easily.

Edit: bear in mind that this was the cheapest thing that was in the big store (I cant recall if it was Lowes or Homdepot)

Stupid question... Have you talked with the property owner about the issue? Are you 100% certain this is being caused by the neighbors friends?

Stupid question... Have you talked with the property owner about the issue? Are you 100% certain this is being caused by the neighbors friends?
Yes and yes. Actually, she's the one who told me what happened when she saw me standing in front of the area that had been sprayed.

Just got home with my fence posts and zip ties. I remembered I have chicken wire in the barn and I have the new netting I ordered online.
Hi-ho, hi ho... :D I'm off to build a wall.

Yes and yes. Actually, she's the one who told me what happened when she saw me standing in front of the area that had been sprayed.

Just got home with my fence posts and zip ties. I remembered I have chicken wire in the barn and I have the new netting I ordered online.
Hi-ho, hi ho... :D I'm off to build a wall.
15 up. Underestimated. Off to buy more.:D

Finished!
28 posts in 3.5 hours... not bad if I do say so myself :D
And all perfectly level.
The neighbor has been gone all day and pulled in her driveway just as I was pounding in the last one. Didn't say a word.
She calls me "Amazon Woman." :laughing: and proud of it!

DSC02177 - Copy.JPG DSC02179 - Copy.JPG

Think I'm going to use that fabric/mesh screen I ordered in the middle behind the arbs, since I doubt she can get a mower between the fence and her garage and will most likely have her yardboy spray that area, or weed eat, and chicken wire on both ends.

Get one of these and you can put up the planks from the back deck.

49ea57af06eb3c27ff81b4a5538355c7.jpg

Finished!

Think I'm going to use that fabric/mesh screen I ordered in the middle behind the arbs, since I doubt she can get a mower between the fence and her garage and will most likely have her yardboy spray that area, or weed eat, and chicken wire on both ends.

Had to clean the barn to get to my chicken wire...:rolleyes: 3' and 5' rolls, no good.
Went to Lowes for the wire and saw this..
010515780069_04268693[1].jpg
bought three rolls of it. Lighter and easier to work with and I like the color. No idea how long it will last, but it was almost half the price, per roll, of the metal welded wire.

Do NOT ever plant bamboo, you will regret it. but good job on the fence so far.
No, won't do that, no matter how tempting it is. ;)

I do have a couple bundles of bamboo stakes. I'm thinking I might weave them across the top of the plastic to help stabilize it. Will have to see how it looks. Pretty sure they are 6' and I spaced the posts 6' apart, so it should work out. I'll try it this afternoon, but back to work this morning. :(
Three and a half days off of work has spoiled me. I'm ready for early retirement NOW.:D

Project complete!

Went with the most economical, yet hopefully, sturdy, lowest maintenance, and easiest to install.
Used both types of plastic mesh fencing material and also ran a row of bamboo stakes across the top of the mesh screening, hopefully, for added support.
Now, how long it will last and if it will stand up to hurricane force winds remains to be seen. :popcorn2:

Two days work and under $300... and I did it all by myself! :D

Thanks for the suggestions - I may still use some of them. ;)

DSC02184mesh - Copy.JPG DSC02186mesh - Copy.JPG DSC02187 - Copy.JPG DSC02189 - Copy.JPG DSC02192mesh - Copy.JPG

Hey TNT Sexy Hot Toes, u tryin to show up all ur men fellers doing work like that? Hhhhmmmm? Feel better now knowing that most of ur would be suitors couldn't do somethin that nice on their own with $26,000 and 16 years.

That's what I thought: no comment! Uh huh. So, it's true! U luv to rub it in that u b vastly superior to idiots like u no who, ain't ????

Latest posts

Back