File size

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

snoozeys

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Quick question ... do you use a 3/16 file to sharpen .325″ pitch chain

'Usually'.

There are some .325 chains that have a lower profile cutter (but not 'low profile chain'), or when worn down to the rear, do better with a 5/32" file. If the profile of the edge does not look right to you, consider using the other size.

Philbert

It's a new chain that came with the saw ... will there be an issue using a husky roller on a stihl chain

Yeah I have found it sits fairly high ... I expected I would need to buy a different roller as I already have a 3/8 roller for my husky.

edit: i stopped at the hardware store after dropping the kids at school and they have the .325 roller for $40

Yeah I have found it sits fairly high ... I expected I would need to buy a different roller as I already have a 3/8 roller for my husky.

edit: i stopped at the hardware store after dropping the kids at school and they have the .325 roller for $40

For $5 less you can get Granberg guide from NT that'll work on any "round-filed" chain. And be hard to lose in the woods. :D

I had a granberg and didn't like it ... I've had good success with the roller so sticking with it

I have seen at least 4 sizes of the Husky roller gauges: 3/8 low profile, .325 narrow kerf, .325, and 3/8. They go for about $12 here. Some have the swing out depth gauge plate, some don't.

Not sure what 1/4 and .404 chains are supposed to use. SawTroll?

Philbert

My 3/8 roller has a swing cut depth gauge ... cost me 30 on ebay few months ago

Latest posts

Back