Filing Granberg Ripping Chain (Depth Gauges)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WolfMann

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Hey everyone, getting deeper into the CSM addiction. Picked up my first Granberg chain the other day, what a difference. Have a quick question about the depth gauges though, the sheet they sent along with chain suggested filing depth gauges of scoring cutters .010" lower than clearing cutters. It also suggested a depth gauge measurement of .028" for 3/8 pitch chain. So if I'm understanding right I should set DG for clearing cutters at .028" and scoring cutters at .018". Does that sound about right? Thanks in advance.

I am interested in this as well. I just got a chainsaw mill. Haven't tried it yet. It's way too hot here for that right now. What kinds of chainsaw have you tried so far?
Hey everyone, getting deeper into the CSM addiction. Picked up my first Granberg chain the other day, what a difference. Have a quick question about the depth gauges though, the sheet they sent along with chain suggested filing depth gauges of scoring cutters .010" lower than clearing cutters. It also suggested a depth gauge measurement of .028" for 3/8 pitch chain. So if I'm understanding right I should set DG for clearing cutters at .028" and scoring cutters at .018". Does that sound about right? Thanks in advance.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Husky 394xp with a 36 inch bar on it. I was milling with a round chisel before, so I really appreciate how much cleaner/faster the cuts are with the Granberg.

The scoring depth gauges should be lower than the clearing DG's so that they cut firstgranberg chain angles.jpg

Thank you Albert, think I had it backwards I'd want .028" on clearing cutters and .038" on scoring cutters. I like the diagram, where did that come from?

Got a second loop of the Granberg chain, depth gauges measure .018 on scoring and clearing cutters (stock) going to leave clearing cutters at .018 and take scoring cutters down to .028 and see how that does.

Back