Finished cleaning and repainting the heater today

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wolfen

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Shes done the 41 year old Dee Dai Wood stove model 6004 is cleaned and repainted for this season, I totally stripped all the remaining paint that wasn't orange peeled after last year and scrubbed all the rust spots I found no matter how small with White Viniger rinsed and repainted with High Temp Black stove paint. the original paint was 40 years old and had never been fired, and I was the first person to use it since it was assembled, I also replaced the collar gasket too and I have new filler for the gaps between the cast Iron pieces :) Same double wall stainless pipe and same black inside pipe, but that too is totally rust free.
Gonna light her up tomorrow or the next day to bake the paint and make sure I get all the smell gone before we have to seal up the house for the winter. I don;t remember which one of you guys told me to use White Viniger, but thanks a million that stuff and a little elbow grease does better at removing rust than naval Jelly.

I would post a picture of her but I broke my phone and the one I'm currently using is a Transform and its as much of a smart Phone as a dead frog

Back