Finished splitting yesterday

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

c5rulz

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Well I am pretty much done with firewood for the season. Now it is just a matter of Sun, Wind and Summer heat to make some pretty darn nice firewood. In the center you can see about 6 cord of Black Walnut, the campfire folks really liked it a lot last year. Smells good when burning and has a nice blue flame. There are two holes in the stack that I may fill if it dries up a lot. It is way to wet and soft in the yard to be hauling right now. All toll it generated 3.5 yards of splitter trash.

2a8p0rq.jpg

wk4i1t.jpg

fut860.jpg

vimhw2.jpg

2liyiac.jpg

230ihi.jpg

neevbb.jpg

n3mbh4.jpg

Well I am pretty much done with firewood for the season. Now it is just a matter of Sun, Wind and Summer heat to make some pretty darn nice firewood. In the center you can see about 6 cord of Black Walnut, the campfire folks really liked it a lot last year. Smells good when burning and has a nice blue flame. There are two holes in the stack that I may fill if it dries up a lot. It is way to wet and soft in the yard to be hauling right now. All toll it generated 3.5 yards of splitter trash.

2a8p0rq.jpg

wk4i1t.jpg

fut860.jpg

vimhw2.jpg

2liyiac.jpg

230ihi.jpg

neevbb.jpg

n3mbh4.jpg
nice work c5. :rock2: you can't be done though. i see some empty pallets at the one end. :laugh:

Very nice! Now that your finished at your place why don't you pack up and head over here? I've got plenty of wood left to split and no shortage of apple pruning to finish. Even got some sap to boil.

I keep pretty busy. April 23rd 140 more Premier Honeycrisp apples are coming that need to be planted. Of course they need to be staked, tied up, trellis built and irrigation installed. By tht time the golf courses will be open and since I play 18 holes almost every day, I never get a day off.:(

The syrup thing sounds cool. I've got a bee keeper coming with a hive this year for the existing 550 apple trees out back.

nice work c5. :rock2: you can't be done though. i see some empty pallets at the one end. :laugh:

I have learned that there is quite a difference in pallets. I covet the good oak ones. The place I get orchard chemicals from hassle me to take more. Since the pallets were used for chemicals, they are good ones because they can't have these things tipping over.

I will chime in, every year since I have been cutting 23 years now, I have cut more firewood, cut split stacked, I may have 20 plus cords this year
17679b0c0dfb8c07883a1695c2097d02.jpg
c4551c16d701e76caf6632c40258047f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I keep pretty busy. April 23rd 140 more Premier Honeycrisp apples are coming that need to be planted. Of course they need to be staked, tied up, trellis built and irrigation installed. By tht time the golf courses will be open and since I play 18 holes almost every day, I never get a day off.:(

The syrup thing sounds cool. I've got a bee keeper coming with a hive this year for the existing 550 apple trees out back.
have you planted any crimson crisp? seems to be a bigger demand for them here than the HC.

2a8p0rq.jpg

wk4i1t.jpg

fut860.jpg

vimhw2.jpg

2liyiac.jpg

230ihi.jpg

neevbb.jpg

n3mbh4.jpg
That's a lot of wood. Looks great. Looks like fuel or money to me.
How much do you burn and what kind of burner?

2a8p0rq.jpg

wk4i1t.jpg

fut860.jpg

vimhw2.jpg

2liyiac.jpg

230ihi.jpg

neevbb.jpg

n3mbh4.jpg
Where do you get your wood from? Buy logs or scrounge? Both?
Those pics just make me smile. Love the close up of it checking on ends. I even showed the wife...lol.

Back