Fire Salvage, The Usual Woes

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reading the previous posts, I'm reminded of the opening of "Signs". Maybe I'm naive, but I base my opinion of somebody on my experience with them. I'll pay attention to what other people say, but I make my own opinions, regardless of tats or long hair. I know tatted folks who are good people, and I know tat-less people who are trash. Dreds are a whole 'nother story though.

A little introspection, hillbilly - lived in East Tennessee for the last 47 years; cowboy ("cattleman" was the preferred term in my upbringing) - spent the previous 18 under the eyes of a Florida Cracker; suit - typically wore one 5 or more days a week for almost 42 years. Sure glad you are open minded or I wouldn't be caught trespassing over here.

Ron
You use the term cattle man, which gets a pass for the cowboy hat, hill billy implies trash everywhere and bailing wire holding everything including the bank account together, The Suit for work is still a red flag though...

It has more to do with folks putting on airs as it were more then anything, hill billy's like to think they are better then everyone (how or why I'll never know) regardless of the fact they live in their own filth and view anyone that ain't like them as inferior (read nazi scum if you will) anyone in a suit is trying to sell you something, be it a used car, a nice casket, or a skookum afterlife etc. The cowboy hat is also trying to sell you something but more like posing as a mans mans man Mr. Macho, he don't ride horses... ever, but he thinks that you think it makes him look macho... Kinda like the punk kids a few years ago with the Dead Kennedy's Tshirts, they more then likely have never heard DK and couldn't pick out Jello Biafra in a lineup, but all their friends have the shirt and it makes them look cool so?

As I said they are more indicators of wariness rather then a final damning judgement, but you show up on my porch in a cawboy hat, a pinstripe suit and polished cawboi boots... I'm not gonna ask your name, or invite you inside, but I will ask what you plan on selling.

I get it.

My dad typically wore a beat up straw “cowboy” hat and “cowboy” work boots. The dress hat and boots only showed up for the annual cattlemen’s dinner. He was no poser. Actually rode in the last armed posse in Florida to make a point to some suspected cattle thieves.

Now me on the other hand could be mistaken for a logger on most Saturdays, but observation of my skill set would quickly dispel that perception.

Ron

I get it.

My dad typically wore a beat up straw “cowboy” hat and “cowboy” work boots. The dress hat and boots only showed up for the annual cattlemen’s dinner. He was no poser. Actually rode in the last armed posse in Florida to make a point to some suspected cattle thieves.

Now me on the other hand could be mistaken for a logger on most Saturdays, but observation of my skill set would quickly dispel that perception.

Ron
A little story...
Last Sat. me and my terrible rawk and rolla bandolla played a lost minute show at a local dive bar/club.

I showed up in spenders greasy saw dust covered everything, and my chucks... the rest of the band more or less what they wore mowing the lawn.

The band headlining, and the ones that couldn't seem to find an opening act... showed up dressed in pre ripped pre patched. with custom silk screened skulls and bling, clothes, fake leather, hair die to cover the grey, 2 full bass stacks, 2 full guitar stacks... a massive drum kit, custom banners
Any way, the 4 of em stand around sneering at the "crowd" of about 20, then scream and holler at my band while we play, being more then a little rude, which whatever I'm louder and I don't care anyway.

Anyway I stick around to see what sort of show they plan on putting on, its cookie cutter metal, repleat with posing while screaming perched atop the monitors, excessively fast guitar solos that simply don't belong in the song, pointing into the "crowd" i.e. thin air and just some of the stupidest lyrics that a "metal god" has ever thought of... anybody with any sense went home and got drunk in peace. the rest had to work there

Point of the story, having a cool bitchin image, is meaningless if you can't back it up with action.

Thanks for taking the time to type out and share your opinions and views, as opposed to making a single line quip with no substance.

Briefly, there is one or more lawsuits either being filed or already filed against USFS for their actions and subsequent lack of actions during the August Complex. I'm anxiously waiting more details.

While I hear you on the hair issue, my point is this industry loses a lot of good workers before they have a chance to get on because of ridiculous social ideas and ideals, as opposed to letting someone's work and worth be proved, they are judged and cast aside based on physical appearance. Same for all the face tat fellers. Not my cup of tea, but damn some of those guys and gals are skilled, trustworthy laborers.
That is the biggest crocka de caca that I have ever heard. If fire crews ran off tattoos and long hair/beards, they would have even fewer people than they do now. As far as the stupid dreadlock comments that obviously hits home with you, they are nothing but disgusting filth and do not belong in a discussion on this board. You do not have dreadlocks, if you ever bother to wash them. Unbelievable. So typical California leftist. LMAO! You fit in perfectly with the other envirotards in that fine state.

well Bob, while I retain the instincts and reflexes, I don't often respond to empty sacks and similar ilk of that nature.
I have better things to spend my time on and stuff to get done.
It seems that the fruiters go looking for trouble and are surprised when they find it.
They can talk all they want, if they start hindering my progress, the results can be sudden and visible in a mirror for quite some time.

When cowboy hats are mentioned, it brings back little kid memories of my Scandihoovian Grandpa and Uncles each purchasing a brand new felt, short brimmed Stetson when the old one was starting to fall apart. The old one would be stained and smelly and in bad shape at that time. They ran a few cows and had horses to work off of, because ATVs were not invented yet. The Scandihoovian Cowboys were the real thing, and my uncle could roll a cigarette one handed. In later life, he had to be on oxygen all the time.

Hey, I wear a cowboy hat....rarely. Keeps the sun off my neck a lot better than a ballcap. Prefer it to a floppy hiking hat...but they sure are bulky and awkward.

Back