fire to air!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Same weather as chucker. Fired the stove this am but no A/C for a while. Kept the fire going 1 stick at a time and opened the house up.

Same weather as chucker. Fired the stove this am but no A/C for a while. Kept the fire going 1 stick at a time and opened the house up.
fire again this am! guess its hard to let go that feeling of home made warmth …. summer is the best part of spring in the end because winter is coming.

I think it's a bit ridiculous to go from fire to ac that fast. But in the hvac business people will make a big deal about their ac breaking for a day because they dont want to be hot but in the winter time they have no problem going the weekend without heat... I think you will live if you are uncomfortable for a few hours lol.

My ac wont be on until it's high 80s outside. Its fire to window open season here.

I’ve done fire to air in the same day. In my house with the bedrooms on the second floor it gets fairly warm once the temps hit mid 70s and the sun is out. I sleep hot and I hate waking up in a pool of my own sweat. We sleep with the window at least cracked until it is single digits. I’m uncomfortable sleeping above 75f and perfectly comfortable as long as it’s not below 50f tucked in under a blanket next to my wife.

Being an old post and beam build there’s a lot of mass. It takes a bit to either heat it up or cool it off. This is good and bad. It takes a day or two for most of the house to catch up to the outdoor temps. In the fall when the temps are low at night but it gets Into the 60s with some sun I have no need for heat. Same in the spring and early summer with cool nights the bulk of the house stays comfortable until the nighttime temps really start to rise. Once it does heat up, opening the windows at night just doesn’t cool the house off. I mostly only run the a/c at night. Once the house cools off it will stay comfortable through the day up to the high 80s.

So I’ll set the a/c to a low temperature at night to cool off the upstairs after a couple of days of sunny mid 70s. If a Cloudy rainy high in the 50s day follows then it gets a bit chilly in the house. A small fire is just right to knock the chill off. The furnace would work for this too except I change the ductwork balance for a/c season. The upstairs gets restricted in heating season and opened up for a/c season. It’s easier lighting a fire than messing around with the dampers again and again.

That's nuts, down my way spring is in full swing, almost everything is green and warm days. A/C is initiated, but the compressor seldom comes on except during that late afternoon when the sun is at the right angle to heart our dark brown siding. Several nights right now have slept with the windows open. Shut down the stove and chimney 3 weeks ago. Currently processing 21' and 22' year's firewood.

Heat to A/C here too.

I would love to open the windows, but the pollen would kill my kids and me. My wife does not have seasonal allergies, so she doesn't understand. Thankfully she does at least feel bad for the rest of her family, so she does keep the windows closed. Once mother nature stops trying to kill us, windows get open for some fresh air.

That's nuts, down my way spring is in full swing, almost everything is green and warm days. A/C is initiated, but the compressor seldom comes on except during that late afternoon when the sun is at the right angle to heart our dark brown siding. Several nights right now have slept with the windows open. Shut down the stove and chimney 3 weeks ago. Currently processing 21' and 22' year's firewood.

Highs were in the mid 60s and sunny yesterday, beautiful day. The house was about 66 but the upstairs was 74 when I went to bed and yes I have a thermometer in almost every room of the house. The low last night was probably mid 40s and I had both windows wide open in the bedroom. It was still 74 in the bedroom when I woke up this morning and 66 downstairs.

Went tent camping with my brother one year. Rained cats and dogs for 3 days. Finally we broke down and rented a cabin. Lit a fire and warmed up. Sun came out and the temp skyrocketed. Had fire and AC going at the same time! :dizzy::crazy2:
LOL
sounds like a normal day here in Minnesota, don't like the weather/temps just wait 5 minutes.....

Back