Fire

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maybe one of the other teams sabotaged the saw for a competitive advantage. Whatever the case, I am glad we have volunteers. Ron

Yup, the volunteers are great. In our rural areas they pretty much carry the whole load.
Odd thing though, the volunteers used to turn applicants away because so many people wanted to be involved and they were fully staffed. Now, in our area at least, they're running ads in the paper and on television recruiting volunteers. There doesn't seem to be the interest there once was.

Maybe one of the other teams sabotaged the saw for a competitive advantage. Whatever the case, I am glad we have volunteers. Ron

Some departments run a chain that has carbide abrasive nubs on the chain. It cuts through wood really slowly, but will cut through nails, metal roofing, wall tiles, bars over windows, bricks, etc. Not certain that is what they were running, but that is about how those chains look trying to cut a log. They basically cut anything they just cut it slowly.

Redding fire from Trinity Lake, Ca

(Not my pic)
c3fd0ca3de701ff2f2a27384142b6984.jpg

This was my morning
b957a9a36135fb322ee77dcb46887bfb.jpg

100% Containment [emoji13]

Erik

dnr fire crews sent to a small island in Puget Sound, only 1.5 acres but caused by a stolen Horizon air passenger plane out of SeaTac Int air port, F-15s were scrambled. No passengers just one angry mechanic

strange story

I'm honestly surprised that I didn't get called on that one; Ketron Island is about 500 yards off of Army land and well within our Mutual Assistance radius with DNR.

Latest posts

Back