Fire

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Critical resource needs include engines any type and HEQB's? That's me. Too bad we're not in ROSS (DoD doesn't play well with others) and I'm on vacation anyway. I'd really like to help.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

They need all types, HEQOs, HEQBs and engine bosses. I got called as an engineer to figure out how to get some damn water to places other than Almanor. We have a big ass reservoir fairly close, but... There’s no infrastructure. I’ve put in a request for all the big water tankers (tractor-trailers, not tenders) I can get and a couple loaders to keep the roads open until I can figure out a better system.

This is one of the biggest fires I’ve worked, and I worked Alberta in 2016.

BTU-Camp Fire:

Per 1800hrs 209 Today:

90,000 acres @ 5% contained

Single Residences Destroyed: 6,453
Commercial Property Destroyed: 260

Critical Resource Needs:
8 - A Strike Teams
8 - C Strike Teams
10 - G Strike Treams
12 - WT
3 - OPBD
11 - DIVS
6 - STAMS

Total Resources Assigned - 3,223

Erik

This keeps up and it's going to get hard to buy fire insurance in California

This keeps up and it's going to get hard to buy fire insurance in California

It was already hard but now it damn near impossible. We've been through 3 companies in the last 10 years, alstate cancelled ours. They flat out lied on a fire inspection they supposedly did just to have an out. i was at the property for a week including the date listed on the inspection sheet they sent with the cancellation letter.....we had three feet of snow on the ground and only my tracks. AAA refused to reup our policy after 5 years and now we have personal fidelity. A lot of people are having get state provided temporary insurance.

It was already hard but now it damn near impossible. We've been through 3 companies in the last 10 years, alstate cancelled ours. They flat out lied on a fire inspection they supposedly did just to have an out. i was at the property for a week including the date listed on the inspection sheet they sent with the cancellation letter.....we had three feet of snow on the ground and only my tracks. AAA refused to reup our policy after 5 years and now we have personal fidelity. A lot of people are having get state provided temporary insurance.

That really sucks. My general experience with insurance companies is they do just enough to keep selling insurance, but are not too concerned with any one client. I've had them lie to my face and watched them break the law, without a single consequence.

Lots of friends and family all over CA and most of them can't get quake insurance, some can't get flood insurance. Now I'm hearing fire is hard to get.

I've never heard of someone in CA not being able to get quake insurance, nor have I ever heard of someone who wanted it. The deductibles are typically 15-20% of the home's value, so your home would pretty much have to fly off the foundation to get anything. The building codes have been so good for so long the houses are unlikely to fail. Now, if there's a 9.0 then all bets are off.

Well, now you have.

Of course when they said "We can't even get earthquake insurance on our new house." they might have meant "There is no way we could afford it." but I didn't ask for clarification.

Alright...

From my station well in the black, down the ICS chain in the operations division, we’re at 111,000 acres currently. We’re at 25% containment. Water supply is still a problem, but to be honest with the fire behavior the way it is currently, it may not matter. I’ve heard that I may ne reassigned as an STEQ as we have some more resources coming in.

Official deaths are at 29. This is a damn shame.

42 and rising

They just announced they are bringing in more recovery teams. Already had 14 (?) working. Report from the briefing didn't say how many more, but they must have a decent number of victims still to deal with. They added a DNA lab a couple days ago and have a few forensics teams working too. Reports said some of the bone remains had shattered from the heat.

Thoughts and prayers for all involved.

Back