Fire

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
over the last week or so I went off to WY to show the wifey where I'm from and stuff...

Anyway all the way there including a night in Idaho, visibility was around 500' down to 200' (which didn't stop anyone from doing 75-85 mph...)

Stupid gps app on muh phone decided that I90 was the quickest way to yellow stone from lewiston id, sent us to missula MT where the smoke was probably the worst...

Back home the smoke cleared out 3-4 hours after we left... meanwhile, bloodshot eyes and sore throats later...

All them windmills in vantage WA we could only see 3-4 of em on the way out.

I didn't think Wyoming would let you in the state anymore. Or maybe not let you back out. Is smuggling grisly bears still a crime even if they're family?

I didn't think Wyoming would let you in the state anymore. Or maybe not let you back out. Is smuggling grisly bears still a crime even if they're family?

The trick is to do 5 under on the freeway, cause a 96 powersmoke tops out at 75 and the speed limit is 85...

Not stop anywhere for more then 5 minutes.

Absolutely Do Not speak to any family.

Then get lost in the Labonte/Esterbrook canyon area scaring the war dept into a peace negotiation, nearly end up in Nebraska on dirt roads, get yer tent nearly blown away in a thunder storm, ignore said peace negotiation bow to her needs and spend the night at a Holiday Inn under one of my many aliases

Late afternoon start in SoCal. Mild Santa Ana winds. Pushing hard into Corona, Ca in Riverside Cyn.
1000+ acres
038cd7c6cbde2068654c962780654d06.png

Live video via periscope:
https://www.pscp.tv/w/bJhbYDgyOTUzMDR8MU1uR25ta2J2ZG9LT7e4bp3PATNsNbz-StLfspb060W5JvODY1hJHQZLqgdO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Today's issue of wildfiretoday.com has a great video of firefighters from American Samoa singing as they walk back to the CCVs. It's really inspirational. The next video was a vid of a Maori wedding where the singer/dancers perform a Haka. Watch that too!

Had them and group from Marianas Islands in Divisions up in the Klamath and Modoc. Always fun, energetic, eager and entertaining.

Sonoma & Napa County lit up right now. 6 large fires. Red Flag and Wind warnings offshore flow. Multi power lines down all over
c70eff18fdda65f3bfc9952b46d413bc.jpg

My thoughts n prayers are certainly going out for them, having survived the 03 Cedar Fire with just a lightly scorched home, and burned down garage.

There's a time to run, and a time to fight, if feasible.

Jomoco

My thoughts no prayers are certainly going out for them, having survived the 03 Cedar Fire with just a lightly scorched home, and burned down garage.

There's a time to run, and a time to fight, if feasible.

Jomoco

Dang. That's pretty intense. What were the winds like that day?

Dang. That's pretty intense. What were the winds like that day?

Only the grace of God kept the winds from blowing more than three days, or it would have burned San Diego county to the beaches.

An extremely humbling and highly surreal thing to experience up close n personal.

And I had the Luck O The Irish workin overtime for me as well.

Saved the house, lost the garage, but was able to get all the motorbikes n wheelers out n away beforehand.

The fire chased my brother n I off my hill crawling on our bellies for our lives.

Took about five minutes to recoup our courage enough to work on Savin the house, and letting the detached garage burn, with all my wonderful sand paddle rims n tires.

A minor loss no doubt, but a truly harrowing three days of wind in a row.

The morning after's like waking up all red eyed n swollen to a smoking moonscape.

My sincere condolences to the families n loved ones of the souls lost in today's infernos.

Jomoco

Tubbs possibly up to 30,000 acres now.:(

http://hotlist.wildlandfire.com/threads/62438-CA-LNU-Tubbs?p=248571#post248571

At least 8 new large fires.

On the Tubbs fire now . Wind did an incredible amnt of tree damage in the Kenwood and Glen Ellen areas, like s Hurricane aftermath ( maybe they will be able to share the Golf Trophy)
The fires just jumped all over, houses on fire all over , then some not touched, propane tanks blowing off
8b51ded9c33cacd8d288c20c0bc3a1c0.jpg
bc03ff0d7423eef11aa97114df3a39c5.jpg
76342d0e65dbc71ba30cb87cfed7a828.jpg
Coffe Park in Santa Rosa west side of Hwy 101, fire began East of Hwy

http://www.fire.ca.gov/general/firemaps

Anybody heard from Atpchas? How about Tyler at the Park?
Have been without power or internet for most of 2 days, both came back in the last hour or so. So far we're OK but the Preserve is currently burning. Only time will tell how badly it gets hit or whether we catch a break. It appears the fire came, as all fires have in the last 100+ years at that site, from the Sonoma side. That said, the Partrick fire could also be a threat (to either home or Preserve) if the weather goes against us.
Don't know how Tyler and Bothe are faring, haven't had the resources to check. If someone knows more, please post. Also, Eccentric is in Sonoma - hope all is well with him.

Back