fireplace insert replacement parts?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MATTYB11

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
hello, I have a quadrafire 4100i that is just finishing up it's second season of use. the problem is that the knob that controls the blower speed seems to be on it's way out already (knob wont stay in hi speed position it rotates clockwise on its own slowing the fan down.) Please forgive me if I'm not explaining this clearly. I have not taken the control box apart yet to see what is going on but plan to do so soon. My questions are;

1. has anyone else had a similar problem and what was the solution?

2. is there a good place on-line to buy replacement parts from ?(quadrafire dealer i use is about 40 min away and I'd like to avoid the trip should parts be needed)

thank you for any and all input in advance
matt

interesting that the rheostat would turn on its own like that. only thing i can think of is vibration is causing it to do that. is there excessive vibration when the fan is on HI?

I agree with mga, I think once you find out what rheostat you need a local electrical supplier would have them!

Thanks for the replies.There is no excessive vibration when the fan is on high and the control box is in line with the power cord any way. I'm pretty sure the knob is on the way out just by the way it feels now compared to when it was new (very loose now) when I turn it. thanks for the warrenty sugestion for some reason I was under the impression it was only 1 year. I believe we purchased the unit in september of 06 so it should still be covered. now to locate the paperwork.

Back