• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Arborsist Site and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Want to Buy Firewood chainsaw to fix

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wandrew640

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I've been a lurker on here for a while, getting advice and reading up on a lot. But now I need a saw for my little brother and I just can't seem to find one. I'd prefer something that needs a new piston and ring so I can get a good deal on it and just give it to him outright. However, I've never purchased anything from this site before and I'm not sure how it all works. So if anyone could enlighten me on if anyone has a saw matching that description please let me know. Thanks.

I've been a lurker on here for a while, getting advice and reading up on a lot. But now I need a saw for my little brother and I just can't seem to find one. I'd prefer something that needs a new piston and ring so I can get a good deal on it and just give it to him outright. However, I've never purchased anything from this site before and I'm not sure how it all works. So if anyone could enlighten me on if anyone has a saw matching that description please let me know. Thanks.
Well to buy anything through here you would need to make a PayPal account so you can pay for the items you are trying to buy, second what budget do you have to spend 100? 200?. Brand and model of the saw that you are trying to buy would depend of how much they are worth. There has been a few saws that are being sold for cheap needing very minor touch ups. Im sure someone here can help you on getting what you are looking for.

A budget will help. A paypal account is not necessary, most will accept other forms of payment but won't ship until funds are clear. Besides budget the depth of project would be good info. Are you willing to split cases?

I was hoping to stay under 150. I haven't split cases before so I'd rather stick with top end work but if it's a crazy deal on an awesome saw I'd be willing to split a case haha

For projects I have a Dolmar PS-460, a Makita 520i, and a Stihl 024 that have solid feeling bottom ends. I haven't checked the rough 346xp that I have so I can't say if that would need to be split. All are pretty complete(346 needs a top end and starter at least) and all are around $100 each shipped.

I have no experience with any of them so I'd consider anything I don't need to split

Back