Firewood Conveyor

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wood Splitter

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Two Questions for the PROS out there.
1) What would be an adequate length for my conveyor system i bought it came in 4 pieces that are each 8 feet long but with no chain, will 16' be long enough. Because cost is an issue and it uses the double chain with the paddle in the middle of the two chains as the chain ride in the trough. So cost per foot of chain is a big issue.....
2) any ideas for the floor of the conveyor right now it has some rust holes in it which the wood will get caught on. Is there a material out there that i can lay down that will allow to wood to slide smoothly up the surface.
Thanks Guys

1) What would be an adequate length for my conveyor system i bought it came in 4 pieces that are each 8 feet long but with no chain, will 16' be long enough. Because cost is an issue and it uses the double chain with the paddle in the middle of the two chains as the chain ride in the trough. So cost per foot of chain is a big issue.....
2) any ideas for the floor of the conveyor right now it has some rust holes in it which the wood will get caught on. Is there a material out there that i can lay down that will allow to wood to slide smoothly up the surface.
Thanks Guys

1) too many variables to answer this one. How much room do you have, what do you do with the wood once it is piled? Do you stack it or leave it in a pile? How portable will the conveyor be once it is assembled?
2) You can get a thick plastic sheeting, like they use for work bench tops. This stuff is very slippery and should work good. Only problem with it is that it is brittle in the cold and over time could break if the pieces are tossed on to it. If the conveyor has a hopper area then it would not be so bad.

Ted

UHMW or Nylon for the bed, they will wear but are both slippery. I believe you can purchase impact resistant UHMW, maybe that would help prevent cracking under stress.

I am always seeing free or next to free drop in bed liners on Craigslist . Everybody seems to be getting rid of them in favor of the spray in liner . Maybe you could pick up a couple of those and cut them up to fit . They are slippery .

I am always seeing free or next to free drop in bed liners on Craigslist . Everybody seems to be getting rid of them in favor of the spray in liner . Maybe you could pick up a couple of those and cut them up to fit . They are slippery .

I think I know what I'm going to look for to put on my wood shoot to the basement! Thanks for the idea!

Thanks Guys
Use the conveyor belt that used on gavel. That the base on main

Attachments

• 4=2=2019 004.jpg
    4=2=2019 004.jpg
    126.6 KB · Views: 10

Latest posts

Back