FireWood Delivery

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How is Alaska farther East? Its as far West as one can go in the USA

LOL

I live in New England, which is the East, and the logs aren't tiny. My 21 acres has a lot of trees in the 24"-36" range, with several upwards of 48". All hardwoods. Oak, Hickory, Maple, Beech, etc.

A man isn't defined by the length of his bar......

However......If we must...….

My biggest saw is a Dolmar 7900---79cc/6.3 hp. Have 20", 24", and 32" bars. Also have a Stihl 460, 77cc/6hp. My brother has a 92cc/7hp---Stihl 660
some people just have the need to be one up on someone else! now for myself I have enough saws to cover just about all aspects of timber cutting and firewood gathering... some saws are big and some saws are small ! just what I use in my daily ventures of cutting TrEe's of all SiZe'S to a manageable working size..... 10" bars to 36" bars work for the right job!

How is Alaska farther East? Its as far West as one can go in the USA LOL I live in New England, which is the East, and the logs aren't tiny. My 21 acres has a lot of trees in the 24"-36" range, with several upwards of 48". All hardwoods. Oak, Hickory, Maple, Beech, etc. A man isn't defined by the length of his bar...... However......If we must...…. My biggest saw is a Dolmar 7900---79cc/6.3 hp. Have 20", 24", and 32" bars. Also have a Stihl 460, 77cc/6hp. My brother has a 92cc/7hp---Stihl 660

Sir you are correct and the bar does not make one taller or not. I see many that claim certain things on how to process wood. What I call junk many tell me this is what we use. I deal with limbs that are hard and a solid 1' across which are bigger than some of the pictured logs. Much of the wood I see does not need any processing just cut it and stack it. Thanks

Latest posts

Back